Can sub-500 GBP laptops be really so hard to find?!

Sup Forums, I need a new laptop for uni, and I have a £500 budget

The best I can find is: currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/asus-zenbook-ux310ua-13-3-laptop-silver-10146531-pdt.html

and the *only* thing I need from the laptop is to be slim as fuck. Where do I find better deals? This i3 can't be the only one.

Don't go for new laptops at that price, and don't try for slim.
Why the fuck do you want a slim laptop

I need it to be slim and with a warranty. Something new would be ideal, but that UX310 is the best I can find, and I sure as hell don't want to pay 500 quid for an i3

How can I be so spoiled, fuck

>I need it to be slim
Why, so you can insert it into your gaping boipussy more easily?

500 good boy points? That's a weeks worth of tendies in this market, you play your cards right you can get mac and cheese with them

Gonna do a lot of traveling, and yes, it needs to fit either there or in a bag without weighing more than 2kg. I wish a T420/T520 could work for what I need, but alas, I'm going for a slim laptop.

Acer's TravelMate P365 was a good option, but way above my budget

HALP, Sup Forums!

Used X1 Carbon

Under 500? Where tho? Where am I not looking?

>Acer's TravelMate P365
Aspire E14. Upgrade to 12/16GB, add second SSD drive.

You should be around $500 still. It's a chinook, but a bit more portable than lenovo.

Are you actually just looking at Currys and PC World?

I don't know the places with the good deals, yeah.

Where would I get that from, user?

Egay is your friend.

Used x1 carbons are still like £700 on ebay... help us out

Get a T420s you massive skinny jeans wear no muscle pussy

ebuyer, scan, amazon, dabs, aria. try those.

It's called E5-473-edition, they come in many models (get a 2016 edition, with the shitty 1080p display).

shitty atom is like $180
i3 is like $250
i5 like $400

And so on. The form factor remains the same, gbe nic, 2xmpcie, wifi, decent battery life, weights 2-2.5kg.

The only disadvantage is the really shitty TN display (horrible bleeding).

I have one for home, that's why I need something lighter and slimmer for travels, preferably with a 1080p screen.

Guess that's too hard to find for under £500

Found this for £493 and a 2-year warranty. Opinion?

>forgot image

2nd gen ones with the wqhd display go for 600€ here.

>for uni
any chance of anyone making these threads being any more specific?

this thing goes for £600 new but i can see some used/ex-display on ebay from £425-500. slim, light, zero noise, IPS display, 10+ hour battery life. the CPU is obviously low power, so don't expect to do 3D modelling or video editing on it, but it's perfect for my web dev shit.

Ideapad 100s.

Need exact model name. This looks like V3-372.

Those are same deal as E5 except tad smaller - display is really shitty. This one might be glossy too (avoid unless you're fan of that).

As for amount of mpcie not sure, but there's hopefuly at least one.

Note that i5-6200 is kinda meh but usually seen int his price range.

Maybe if you retards didn't vote for brexit, the answer would be yes.

Time to get back Pajeet

Overall i'd say slightly better deal (esp the ssd) if you dont mind the clunky design, shitty keyboard and display of lowend acers.

Guess I'll go for that, user. I don't need my eyes anyway, fuck that.

aspire-v3-372-nx-g7bex-004

Fucking displays, man.

Lax your requirements a bit. Go for retired business laptops, you can find some 2nd gen i3 probooks and travelmates for

T520 B^)

Just buy Macbook air last gen.

i was facing same problem, ended up with cheapest solution i could find, an acer 13.3 inch laptop with celeron n2840 and i have to say its enough for uni. runs everything (even 3ds max lol), visual studio etc, everything i need for uni just works on it. it has 4 gigs of ram and 128gb ssd so os itself works like charm and i can recommend you this solution. the aspire es1-311 costs around 200 gbp with ssd built in. i guess you can find now a model with better cpu though.

Checked Craigslist Amazon eBay etc.
Scored a surface pro 2 with type cover for under $300, nice i5 and small 10'6 I think 1080p display. Just needa search and if your getting a second hand laptop that's not a business class laptop make sure it's still in decent shape.

I am the only one who laughs at these
But I laugh hard enough that people post it

Just buy a lenovo with > i3 cpu and least 4gb ram. had to deal with 100s of computers last thre years, lenovo failed. no bloatware

yep fucking what is your malfunction gomer piles ??

just get a second hand mac air

i have a second hand 256gb 20111 mac air running debian + cinnamon..., it is literally perfect and far under your budget

Mate you are asking for shit that does not exist. A slim 500£ sub laptop that is new with good specs and good looking?

Never fucking happening.

You could find a good deal if you search around a bit on eBay. But I know you will be just be convinced by some retailer and buy a shitty laptop with an i3 and 4GB ram (that looks nice and is slim) and then complain hur dur so slow pls advise.

>install gentoo

Maybe you should just give in to the thinkpad meme

Craigslist fgt.

Fair point, but the Acer Aspire V3 372 has an i5 6200U, 256GB SSD, Skylake Intel HD 520 graphics, weighs 1.5 kg ad has a full hd screen for less than 500 pounds.

Shitty screen quality, but I won't be using it for video/photo production, also who needs eyes anyway, fuck

I already have, user, I have a T420 for my soul, and now this shit for traveling purposes.

Thanks, Sup Forums, you never disappoint!