Hey Sup Forums, what's your guys opinion on Acer Laptops?

Hey Sup Forums, what's your guys opinion on Acer Laptops?

My other laptop broke down recently, and I need a replacement, just your basic stuff that can take down notes for College and occasionally run some Videos and stuff, nothing too demanding. I've been looking for nearby store and saw some neat Laptops, I've been drawn to cheap around $219 for an Acer ES1-431, tried it at the store and the keyboard layout is pretty good around modern standards, I mean it's not a IBM Thinkpad layout, but it's better than the recent Lenovo releases and I really like the touchpad design.

My budget is around $250, just need a quick replacement for basics tasks and stuff, though I'm not really confident about the quality of it, never heard much about Acer. I would get a Thinkpad, but I already have a modded T420 and would prefer to get a normie laptop just to keep it low.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/acer-14-chromebook-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-32gb-emmc-flash-memory-sparkly-silver/5203000.p?skuId=5203000
bestbuy.com/site/acer-15-6-chromebook-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-16gb-solid-state-drive-linen-white/4262900.p?skuId=4262900
amazon.com/dp/B00TU7U4PU/ref=s9_acsd_bw_wf_a_GGLWFSCB_cdl_14?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=NQJ7KDQ2QCHN0SRP9RWY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=831a4db0-a775-4fa4-972a-e1e15b1b797d&pf_rd_i=14808788011&th=1
ebay.com/itm/HP-EliteBook-8470p-2-9GHz-i5-4GB-500GB-DRW-Windows-10-Pro-64-Laptop-/262713646304
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just get a Chromebook.

Chromebooks are garbage, my uni is loaning them for free but no one uses them anyways, I rather spend a bit of cash than get one of those trash.

At least one of your lecturers is going to say use paper and pen or gtfo my lecture.

Chromebooks are actually a lot better than the same priced Windows laptop.

Because they use a linux based os iirc.

Okay and?

I remember when I used the uni chrome books, they had the Lenovo X131e, and was utter garbage, my classmates had to replace their shitbooks every other day because it would kept crashing and freezing, especially if you would get a replacement that was used by a fucking chimp, the trackpad and keyboard was disgusting.

You can get any lightly used business laptop with an i5-3320 for under $150. That's about twice as fast as the Acer and better built.

Thinkpads or Ultrabooks I'm guessing? Hard to find ones that aren't shitty or dirty at that price.

Then maybe buy a different Chromebook?

bestbuy.com/site/acer-14-chromebook-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-32gb-emmc-flash-memory-sparkly-silver/5203000.p?skuId=5203000

bestbuy.com/site/acer-15-6-chromebook-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-16gb-solid-state-drive-linen-white/4262900.p?skuId=4262900

amazon.com/dp/B00TU7U4PU/ref=s9_acsd_bw_wf_a_GGLWFSCB_cdl_14?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=NQJ7KDQ2QCHN0SRP9RWY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=831a4db0-a775-4fa4-972a-e1e15b1b797d&pf_rd_i=14808788011&th=1

Get an used thinkpad

Anything you want, really. A Latitude 5430 or 6430 or an Elitebook 8470 are my favorites. Just bought a couple off eBay for a client. The 5530 looks like new was $85 plus shipping.

That's not a normie laptop.

Exactly, and you're gonna want to spend more than $250 dollars for a refurbished ThinkPad if you want a newer better one.

You're tipping your fedora a little hard there. No one's gonna think you're an elite haxxor because you use a black laptop while everyone else is using grey or silver ones. I see kids using Thinkpads in coffee shops for fuck's sake.

>you're gonna want to spend more than $250 dollars for a refurbished ThinkPad

Why? You can get a T420 for $125.

I've only ever seen Mac's or the silver Windows laptops in coffee shops, I've never seen someone with a ThinkPad in there.
You forgot to include some stuff in your comedy chevron
>you're gonna want to spend mroe than $250 for a refurbished ThinkPad if you want a newer better one.
>newer better one
>newer
>better

Nobody outside of Sup Forums thinks the Thinkpad is some special nerd laptop. It's just a computer.

>would prefer to get a normie laptop just to keep it low
the fuck does this even mean

I know no one outside of Sup Forums thinks it's a nerd laptop. To most people it's just a bulky black laptop.
It means he's autistic.

Here OP. You're welcome. Half your budget.

europoor here, is 200E reasonable for a a-ware (leasing product) t420. nothing close to 150 on ebay

how long do you expect those to last past end of lifecycle?

>Had an acer 5551g
>Fully babied it
>Gpu dies one month after warranty end

>Sister owns a 5738zg
>Absolutely trashes the fucking thing
>Still works somehow after 7 years

Ymmv

On US eBay a T420 is in the $125-150USD range. Any laptop with a 2520M is around that price.

My girlfriend uses an old elite book and it still looks like new.

The build quality is actually pretty good, despite being HP.

Be sure to put a SSD in it if it doesn't have one. It's a significant improvement.

I was given one like this for work about 3 years ago, gen 4 i5. Still rocking it today even though they gave me a new laptop end of Oct.

Seems like they may be a worthy Savior in a world of convertible and touch screens to bring to a laptop that has the same internals but much cheaper

I have 10+ years old (can't tell exactly how old it is because i bought it used) Acer Aspire 5100. PATA HDD, 32-bit single core Amd Turion, 1 GB RAM. It still works and refuses to die.

Funny I find this thread. I just bought this for a $125 offer.

ebay.com/itm/HP-EliteBook-8470p-2-9GHz-i5-4GB-500GB-DRW-Windows-10-Pro-64-Laptop-/262713646304

I just got the same Laptop last week, not bad at all, mine came with 4 gigs of Ram and confy Windows 10.

Fuck Chromebooks.