SSL - Small Sexy Laptop

i was searching for a small laptop for college but i cant find anything good. I will be using it only for programming and pdf-reading. Maybe something old-ish. can u guys help ?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/nkwsky
youtube.com/watch?v=FekSVk6X90U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

x220

Thinkpad x200s is a beautiful little machine. It's basically a little typewriter and you can find them with 1440x900 screens.

I live in italy, thinkpad here are overpriced af

Cellphone

That description literally matches the x220

Try eBay or similar site

anything beside x220 ? even smaller if possible

Italiano here
I bought an Asus x205ta a year ago, the battery life is great

ASUS x205 is a solid choice

if you want even smaller you can try to find a second hand HP mini

My Acer C720 Chromebook does everything I need it to. I've got a $5/mo VPS that I do all my programming on, and everything else is done through the web browser these days. The only thing I miss is GIMP, but I'm working on being able to pipe that through a video stream from my VPS

For those who do programming, typing a lot and so on how is a chiclet keyboard? Are there any small laptops which have a better keyboard? I'm worried that the chiclet keyboard it's going to annoy me as I tend to type pretty fast the tips of my fingers always seem to scrape on the corners of the chiclet keyboard keys.

That looks comfy af.
Why did everything went to whit after this?

I type on a chiclet keyboard at around 110wpm, it's perfect

I just want I've without a trackpad to be honest

HELLO GUYS,
is there any netbook out there, like the lenovo 100s, which can run ubuntu + linux without any hassle?

forgot pic

>x200
>little

actually small x100e reporting

>programming on a tiny laptop

Why? Can those things even compile anything bigger than fizzbuzz or run an IDE?

"hello I come from 2007"
-the post

>run an IDE?
why would you do that?

>wanting a tiny shit resolution screen for document reading and code writing
Why do you hate yourself user?

Edge 11 is much, much better, and it's Intel i3-powered.

All chiclet keyboards are not created equal.

>e series is better than x series

is this opposite day?

You do realize it has the same chasis and motherboard as x120e?
x120e is almost same as x100e. Chasis is exactly same.

X1__e series can barely handle aero on windows 7

If their cpus werent fuckin AMD A8s theyd be great lil laptops

>Edge
Nigga are you for real?

Whoa now, calm down with those (you)'s before your babytops start to throttle.

>xe uses le glossy UI

Is there a small thinkpad that isn't thick af and doesn't make loud noise?

I dont. Its merely an indication of what a goddamn miserable box of crackers it is

>>run an IDE?
>why would you do that?

Why wouldn't you?

but muh freedom

I win this thread. xbox controller for scale

I picked up a thinkpad x230i (i3) don't need much horsepower since I run Linux and use it for programming and web browsing, for 215$. Look it up on ebay and wait for a good deal, i wouldn't go older than x220

i had one several years ago and it was a piece of shit. slow and at the time it was running xp. wouldn't recommend.

>win
Not with that worn out nubbin, mate.

pls no bully

>nubbin

You don't even have an OS installed, do you.

Why no crouton senpai?

X121e here

Asus E200H

What kind of programming can you get done on these things? I've been chained to a workstation for years so I'm curious what it's like.

Thinkpad x200 (the one with touchscreen that rotates around)
4GB RAM
Core 2 Duo P8600
160GB SATA
1280x800
$140

Cop or not?

I am also in Italy user I bought an x220 on ebay. There are many trustworthy German vendors

Dell V131. I'm running Gentoo on mine from a new 480GB SSD. Feels good man

Dumping some of my photos. Sony PCG-C1 on which I plan to install Lubuntu when I find the motivation.

x100e

My old EEE PC 1005PE running Xubuntu. Good times.

OpenPandora

I have an x220 and it worked great for college but in retrospect I might have gone even smaller, like a chromebook or something
For college? nah I can't imagine typing essays on that thing

>For college?
nah
Just dumping some small laptops

x60s

I preordered the Pyra, I wonder how usable it would be, with something like a Planck.

But user, essay typing on an x220 is pretty based desu.
I typed my 7 page research paper on it just now, even.

>weeb keyboard

i want

Why no gallium os?

literally 2000 yen in akiba

too big imo

>Ctrl+F
>Libretto
>0 results

Millenialls!

>7 pages.
Written longer essays on my blackberry.
Write a 40+ pages thesis on it, then we can talk.

16MB of RAM isn't enough to run my 16 window managers

I got this thing for free a week ago
The keyboard and battery is busted, but the repair cost is higher than buying an used X220

>Needing more than 96MB of RAM ever

Wew

If you're of the nostalgic bent, there's this Chinese mod by 51nb of the X61. The reliability of such a retro-fit is questionable, but it's ready to go out of the box. Buy: reddit.com/user/nkwsky

The x320 made me cum

3:2 display.jpg

can somebody post a link to wallpaper from that laptop? 1920x1080 would be awesome for my T530i

I use my libre x200 for all of my college things. You can also get a dock for it so that you can connect to an external monitor and mouse easily.

i love SSLs

I recently purchased one of these so that I could transplant the screen onto my libre x200. Sadly, it seems that Libreboot does not turn on its backlight. The screen works fine otherwise, and I can see everything when I shine a flashlight onto it. I tried hacking around with some of the backlight settings but I could not get it working. Once I have time, it would be awesome to find a way to get it working, because that would probably be one of the highest pixel densities possible on a libre computer. For now I have cloned my drive onto the x200s and I left it with its screen, and I will continue to use my x200 as my main laptop but play around with the x200s.

I did notice that the x200s is substantially lighter than the x200. It has a worse CPU and it is harder to libreboot though.

(the new) Razer Blade Stealth.

A lot of people at my uni use Surfaces. Personally I'd just get a 15 inch whatever, if I didn't already have a nice laptop.

x200 docks are excellent, and you can flip the extra battery charger out the top left side to charge a second battery.

If it's in good shape that's slightly high but you'll enjoy the machine. Toss an SSD in it at earliest opportunity.

using it right now with xubuntu
it's been pretty good BUT no internal sound card and booting up is extremely iffy

if those two things were fixed this would be golden

plebietto pls go

a bit high for that model, you can get an X220 for a little bit more

Portable heater master race reporting in

Look at this qt

youtube.com/watch?v=FekSVk6X90U

x120e here with the e350. GOD DAMN it's slow.

YOOOO brother

Yeah its nice but fuck putting anything besides Linux on it.

It can handle windowns 10....but it's like working in slow motion at a spiffy 5 frames a second.

x131e here with an i3. Can actually gayme csgo and shit with it. Love it to death.

The X131e runs everything beautifully with it's i3. It has no struggle whatsoever. Runs CSGO at 70 fps too

X131e tf, it's not the thinnest, but it's quiet, small and powerful

My school has some edu edition thinkpads. They're pretty good.

the x100 is only marginally smaller than the x200, to be honest

LG Gram best SSL

>15"
>small

i wish they would make this laptop, with modern computer component in it.

the case is so sexy

Your best options are Panasonic. RZ4 is by far the best, but you'll need to import it. As an alternative, the AX2 and AX3 are quite easy to find, but have soldered memory and were mostly sold in 4GB configurations.

this one.

macbook

>1 kilogram weight

idk why but i want it.

im using pre-compiled kernel-netbook.