E-readers

I'd like to get my SO an e-reader for Christmas. Originally I was just thinking one of the Kindles as I think they are easy on the eyes, but as she's a Walking Dead fan, I thought it'd be nice to buy her the entire series of comics as well, which I think would look better in color. Are the Amazon Fires as easy to read on or should I just go full tablet and grab a Galaxy Tab or iPad? Seems if I go color, I kind negate what makes an e-reader easy to read, plus battery life...

Nigger, The Walking Dead is black and white.

I've never actually seen one of the comics, if that's the case, then this decision just became incredibly easy.

>iPad
Found your problem.

Get a real tablet, Amazon thinks it's OK and even a "service" to load their devices up with viruses

Nigger, just remember there is a manga dedicated version with 32GB of memory.

Buy her the graphic novels, but also get her a tablet, she'll enjoy the graphic novels more.

>SO

reddit

Give her a RX480 she's gonna love that vulkan support

if you want colour stuff, get a tablet. not an e-reader/tablet marketing fusion thing.

if you want a good e-reader, get a Kobo. kobo allows for many formats, both bought via their store, as via any other source.

what more, with some software mods, you can install koreader, which can read about any format.

>SO
You have to go back

Kobo glo HD, probably the best E-Reader I've ever bought

Destroys the voyage in both resolution and compatibility, never going kindle again

Oh shit... a Glo HD!

Best e-reader on the market. It even gives me an erection. The back feels so comfy to touch... and the resolution...

I had the mini first, bought a glo HD a few weeks ago.

how did they make their current line-up so shit compared to this device?

Just use your phone imo. New ereaders can't play audio books.

bad for the eyes.

Is it true that kobo's can read anything? Will I run into issues with a kindle if I try downloading books off the internet?

Kindle 3 master race

get yourself some liquor and give her your dick

I hate this
to be honest the kindle is fine if you just leave it on airplane mode forever, though
of course remember to make them remove the ads first.
and never buy any books from amazon, pirate it all
i made that mistake once and it had me finding some calibre hack to remove the drm and then edit the html manually to get rid of ads in the book
worst five dollars i ever spent

are there e-ink readers with lollipop?

with kindle you have to convert most files before it'll read them. not so with kobo.

why would you get a reading device for audio files?

the fuck is a SO

Converting is a 1 step hassle so don't consider that too much. The software everyone uses is Calibre. Make sure you base your decision on size, lighting and dpi.

I have a Paperwhite 300dpi.

special oneitis i think, it's some of the reddit faggotry the new Sup Forums reddit recruits have been bringing over

Kinda want to get a kobo glo HD from the paperwhite 2 with 212 dpi. I never read my kindle though so probably not

Significant Other

Walking Dead wont be good to read on an eInk reader unless you get a fucking big one (not sure how big they come.

stack overflow

I have the Paperwhite it's the perfect size, weight, ppi, etc but i hate this amajew software bullshit dawg

I think the better question is why you would bother with a reading device when there are audiobooks.

audiobooks are slower, your mind forms the story around the tone of the reader, and most people tend to enjoy reading more over someone reading to them.

Do you use Sup Forums with your screenreader on?
Why not?

ADDfag detected.
reading is faster and you don't get cucked by some deep voiced black guy reading it to you

What converting process, doesn't everyone here just use calibre anyway? Keeps the books organised off the device as well?

Redpill me on the Kobo, it seems to have the same resolution as my Kindle but more expensive as well.

fuck amazon for ebooks but if you must wait till black friday... they pretty much give them away

>redpill me on hardware not being universally exact.

you suck at even being a mindless consumer.

>SO
>my

>believing op's "SO" exists

I'm planning to invest in a Bookeen Ocean, but really I'd like a 13" e-ink reader

kek

>op claims to have an "SO"
>thread still exists seven hours later

>kobo glo hd found everywhere for 120-130
>kobo aura h20 being sold used in droves for around 100

...but what exactly? what's wrong with the aura h20?

this

Really? How about like a first or second gen kindle? I imagine it would be extermely cheap.

Lower dpi, mostly. Also larger size. Not everyone likes that.

He means his boyfriend. He's gay.

I bought this as my first ereader. Have nothing to compare it to but it's been awesome so far.

I'd read a 500p book in 2-3 weeks. Now I do it in a few days. I just want to keep reading.

Never read books on a tablet. It's eye cancer.

Kindle Paperwhite is the perfect choice. Battery lasts weeks, e-Ink works great, buying books is super easy, it's also light and and has a touch screen.

>invest

Kobe glo hd