I RESET MY BIOS TO DEFAULT SETTINGS AND NOW I BLUE SCREEN EVERY TIME I BOOT MY COMPUTER

I RESET MY BIOS TO DEFAULT SETTINGS AND NOW I BLUE SCREEN EVERY TIME I BOOT MY COMPUTER

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO

change the bios settings back

You bought AMD.

Install Ubuntu Linux.

Look for /fglt/ in the catalog. Stop using Windows. If you spent 5 seconds on Sup Forums you would know the core of the board culture:
1)You must run GNU/Linux.

And read.
The.
Fucking.
This won't fix the problem.

you remember what the hard drives where set to and set them back that way if they where raid set them back to raid if they where AHCI set them back to AHCI if you dont know keep trying different options till it works

actually i am not OP but im about to swap from AMD to intel

how bad did i fuck up?

recompile you're gentoo kernel

Set it from AHCI to IDE, or from IDE to AHCI

Or ACHI, i can never remember if its AHCI, or ACHI.

Its under HDD, or Storage settings.

/thread

this
it's always this

>having plebdos which can't handle the switch from IDE to AHCI
TOP FUCKIN KEK
I thought we are in 2016 already

>windows still has this problem in $__CURRENT_YEAR

when will ms step their game up?

never its a feature to attempt to prevent piracy via drive cloning

How would resetting the bios settings cause this though?

it changes the drive interface and causes windows to flip its shit

Why would anyone start a variable name with two underscores?

install gentoo

THANK YOU

I THOUGHT I JUST LOST MY COLLEGE PROJECT I'VE BEEN WORKING ON FOR OVER A YEAR

Couldn't you have used an installation CD to copy off all of the files onto an external hard drive?

Why wouldn't you have a backup of something like that on a flash drive or something you big fuckin dummy

I didn't know you could do that, I'm terrible with computer hardware.

Now if only I can figure out how to get this thing to detect my new graphics card.

Youre welcome
download CPU-Z and tell us what motherboard you have, and what graphics card you bought.

Its hard to help if we dont know these things

Also, you -DID- plug the monitor cable into the Graphics cards DVIVGA/Displayport/HDMI/Genderfluid Apache helicoptor's port, and not the motherboards, in case you have onboard video too, right?

pic related is my specs. I bought a GTX 1050 Ti

HDMI port is plugged into the graphics card, getting no signal on my monitor.

what's the project?
why you not backing it up to a private github repo?

Can you even see the graphics card in device manager?

screenie says 730, thats no 1050 ti

Is the 730 till in it?, if so remove it.

>Can you even see the graphics card in device manager?
nope

>screenie says 730, thats no 1050 ti
that's just my speccy from a week ago, i replaced the card already. I can hear the fan running, but my computer just won't detect it.

Nice gif,user.

reinstall your OS you stupid fuck

kill yourself

Does the fans even spin on it?

If not then shut down your pc again, remove the card, reset bios, put the card in again, and try, try, try again.

If that doesent work, shut down, remove card, reset bios, put the card in, reset bios again, and try again lol

dont forget to drink

Holy fucking shit.

I've been trying to get this thing to work for 4 restless nights now.

And it turns out that all the problem was is that I didnt unsert the card fully into the slot.

I want to fucking stab myself 60 times in the chest.

Bait (I hope)

>college project
>doesn't have it backed up physically AND digitally in at least 3 different places
you deserve to fail

data controller settings. Ahci vs ide

lmfao

well you got the shit working now, right?

>WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO
Apparently you make retarded threads here

It enables native command queuing you dipshit.

kSave yourself from this in the future and back this shit up with Google Drive, it has a desktop application that auto syncs that shit

And if it's a word doc make sure to keep two separate copies in drive in case the .gdoc file corrupts itself

>I THOUGHT I JUST LOST MY COLLEGE PROJECT I'VE BEEN WORKING ON FOR OVER A YEAR

Back that shit up to the cloud you stupid fuck.
How dare you have no backup you stupid fuck?
Computer backups have been the most basic necessity for data protection since computers were invented, you stupid fuck.

Anyone not always prepared to reload a replacement computer or replacement hard disk from bare metal including any data they need has always been a stupid fuck and deserve to lose their data, their face, their genitals, and to be forced to live under Richard Stallman's queening stool nomming his turds for nourishment.

Now go back up your work. You'll thank me later.

Install Gentoo.

>And if it's a word doc make sure to keep two separate copies in drive in case the .gdoc file corrupts itself

Words of wisdom.

I tell everyone that uses drive this now, I had it happen to me about 3 months ago (luckily I had a physical backup that wasn't too old) but I never realized how volatile gdocs can be, especially if you have to reupload big chunks of data to drive at once.

Swapping to Intel is good. Not a fuck up.

AMD isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, but it's best use case is for budget gaming rigs. For a Facebook and homework machine, the cheap intels (labeled celleron or pentium instead of i3/i5/i7) are better bang for the buck. For a settop box, the current atom machines are lower power consumption and computationally more powerful than AMD's low power option. For servers, Intel options produce less heat and have way more cores (important for the density people expect in modern racks).

Pretty much, AMD is good for giving Intel at least some competition, and budget gaming rigs.