Can we please settle this once and for all?

Can we please settle this once and for all?

Which is the best desktop environment / window manager

>strawpoll.me/11622138
>strawpoll.me/11622138
>strawpoll.me/11622138
>strawpoll.me/11622138

Other urls found in this thread:

archlinux.de/?page=FunStatistics
strawpoll.me/11629478
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

aqua

gtfo bsdfag

hi this isnt a desktop thread, reported

What's with all these hipsters choosing "other"

pls comment your environment of choice in here

archlinux.de/?page=FunStatistics

s-stop bullying him.....

*her

Pedo life matters

fluxbox

>implying

GNOME is pretty comfy desu. I don't understand all the hate it gets.
Jesus just fuck off.

>memeing

The answer is GNOME.

Budgie

ratpoison, bspwm, stumpwm, xmonad, awesome, dwm, in the end they all will look and function according to how you configure it. Choose which one you feel most comfortable with. Floating wms are fine if thats what you like, like fvwm, fluxbox, openbox, blackbox, windowmaker, stand-alone compiz. Linux is all about choice, you can't go wrong, originality is encouraged. Unless you choose gnome, kde, mate, cinnamon, xfce, lxde, lxqt... then you're just missing the point, a lost fucking cause.

>wahhhh mommy didn't pay attention to me as a kid now everything's too mainstream

I tried it for like half an hour, it just felt really non-functional and clunky. Everything took 2-3 more clicks to accomplish compared to XFCE, but then again I only tried it for a short while. I like having a proper start menu and taskbar tabs.

>tfw you're the only one voting for the best wm

MATE

ohaio is this the thread for me to post my desktop in it

>Which is the best desktop environment / window manager

The one that works best for you and you alone, obviously.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

XMonad

explorer.exe and shell32.dll

MATE isnt even on there baka

Hey can anyone help me out getting the SPICE models of the parts made by fairchild? They make you register first before you can download them but their shitty activation emails don't work so I can't.

FDL100N50F is the part I would need specifically. Would be extremely awesome if someone can help.

Well I fucked that up, meant to post a thread.

>(You) Count

Please kill yourself.

windows 7

OG aero cannot be beaten

>Best DE/WM poll

>Not having CDE as an option

Kill you're self.

MATE

XFCE is pretty good, too.

Unity

GNOME of course.

Fucking screenshoted.

Bump for stop choosing gnome pls ;_;

Aren't these technically two entirely separate things? Desktop environments and window managers?
I'm not just being autistic here or anything, they really are two totally different things to consider.

When you're wondering about the best software for controlling how you handle your window placement, what your hotkeys are, tiling vs. stacking, etc.. then the question is about window manager.
When you're wondering which software (if any) to use for things like system customization, menu items, or other desktop widgets then you're asking about desktop environments.

Personally I think stacking window managers look the best, but I've become addicted to tiling window managers.
I wish we could get a tiling window manager with sexy window decorations

2nded

"all about choice" unless except the one i don't like.

>no UTF-8 support
dropped

KDE. It can do everything I like about GNOME, plus more.

>GNOME
Fucking why

>proprietary flash needed to vote
Fucking why

xmonad or i3. mice are deprecated, especially on laptops.

it cannot adjust a wacom, which even xfce can do since forever. And KDE COULD do it but they decided to not port it for some reason for 2 years now

>"all about choice" unless except the one i don't like.
fuck yea! my opinion=law motherfucker

Why do so many people like gnome? It's damn horrible
i3 is the shit

That's your opinion. It's my opinion that i3 is shit.

And I'm glad to hear your opinion, mate

yeah but your opinion is wrong

How can an opinion be wrong?

It contradicts an objective fact

you mean XFeCEs

Objective fact, eh? Please provide your evidence.

>Gnome leading
This board is beyond saving

I use Xfce, but i only see 3 pixels of the panel most of the time.

You're free to fuck off to another board if you can't accept that people have differing opinions...

LXDE

> can we please settle this once and for all?
> which subjective option is the best subjective option.

That's why these threads are cancer. Consensus can never be reached on a subjective choice.

You may return to smearing shit all over the walls now you autistic fucks.

>board has a Stallman sticky
>expect it to hate the only official GNU project DE.
>also the only recent DE that has the vsync right ootb

>unity not even listed
WHAT

mate

KDE btfo by i3.
proof that KDE is not better than nothing

Unity

ohaio, no.

>folder with every single frame of nichiou
kys

>GNOME
>no features

Why?

Cinnamon.

/thread

which one does windows use?

>/thread-ing your own post

I have to agree, though... But only on Arch

Gnome Flashback

/thread

agree
you misspelled "Mint" don't try to appropriate babby culture with your terminalfag distro

muh codecs

I don't get how people like GNOME, at all.

I can help with that. I enjoy the simple layout and almost instant program access. It doesn't get in my way, keeps itself organized once it gets cluttered with a lot of windows and I generally don't have any issues out of it.

>and almost instant program access
You can get that in an extremely lightweight form, with even quicker access time than gnome, for any window manager with dmenu.

Gnome is my favorite, but I still haven't tried them all. I just install gnome-shell then pick my on programs

>No MATE
What the fuck were you thinking?

kde.

No sexy children = shit desktop

> Gnome first despite the fact they fucked they users any time they could (what is gnome-tweaks)

> XFCE only third despite being fast and useful

That's why popularity vote is such shit

I think pretty much no matter how you phrase votes like this it really turns into a:
>Which one are you using?
vote anyway

For example, you know there are people who voted for the one they are using without doing any research or having ever used any of the others.

and i3 is not first... problem with popularity votes is because people use the defaults and believe the defaults are the best

wincuck roleplaying with a thumbdrive

You're going to need to run some intensive HCI and UX analysis to find that answer OP.

>x768

DDE
On it's own it's pretty solid and allows a bit of customization, but the software bundled into it is retarded (The file manager being the worst offender, as it doesn't show you hidden files, there isn't even an option to get root and it's blindingly white even with the dark theme applied globally. I am honestly thinking that Nautilus was better than this, back when i was using KDE of all things), but that's a minor problem if you're a newbie.

Vista was really good looking.

>no MATE
kys

>open box that low
baka Sup Forums.
Best wm: XFCE
Wm's should only be used if you are setting the computer up for someone else, or if you don't have time to spend configuring it.

Best wm: open box
This is the best option by far, since it's lightweight and extremely configurable. Floating is also better than tiling.

Linux-wise, GNOME and MATE are pretty much the only ones I can use for a long time without something starting to annoy me. I have a big soft spot for Ratpoison, but I just don't give enough of a shit to do all the configuration necessary to make barebones WMs into productive desktops

the best one is windows :2

Is not GNOME's fault that Libre Office doesn't use cliente decorations, it would hide the title bar at least.

Window maker

>Can we please settle this once and for all?
Shut the fuck up

No u

dwm

Eat a dick, polling on Sup Forums is for fucking idiots.

you retard don't put a character before the link what's the purpose to put it four times if you can't even double click on it to select it kill urself

>no Deepin

strawpoll.me/11629478

strawpoll.me/11629478

strawpoll.me/11629478

strawpoll.me/11629478

good morning

Unity