What is this part for?

What is this part for?

HDD

ask sqt, dumb phonebabby

There's probably some gubbins there that they couldn't fit behind the screen.

pissing off autists like you

Maybe it's some kind of statement?
"It doesn't matter how ugly we make our products - people are still going to buy them. Just watch this."

Its the taptic engine cover

That's where the botnet is.

Shh. This is a secret contest between apple and google.

NSA stuff

Probe me wrong

Can you repeat that question?

Prove your right?! FuCk BoY

usb-c daughterboard

To trigger.

to make it look more like an iPhone user! silly! XD

for comfortable holding

It almost looks like that $4 indian phone. Only that that one has an excuse for the bezel since there is a button.

I feel like they should have put a button there to at least free up a little screen real estate

It pisses me off that I have to give up a part of my screen for the home button and even more so if there's a bezel

Is the vibration motor anywhere to be seen there? Is it as good as the one on iPhones?

yeah its not even really just the size of the bezel that makes it kinda ugly, its when you add the on screen button bar onto that.

That's a pixel. Apple has an excuse for the big ass chin, Google does not

this is the most relative answer though still wrong.

It is simply a part of the screen where touch cannot interfere with operability.

For holding purposes more or less.

They probably used some template HTC already had instead of making an entirely new design.

take your pants down

They should have just thrown the speaker there instead of the very bottom so people wouldn't bitch so much.

I got a Pixel XL after I turned in my Note 7 and fucking hate it. No wireless charging, no water resistance, no SD card slot. All this would be fine if it was a 500 dollar phone but it's just about the same price I paid for my Note 7. I got a Note 5 coming from Ebay right now. Soon as it gets here i'm taking this thing back and i'll just eat the 35 buck return fee. Wish I hung onto the Note 7 longer till the next Samshit phone came out. They might blow up and kill people but at least they have features. If I wanted a phone that doesn't have features i'd just get a fucking iPhone.

My question is why everyone complains about the chin on this thing but not the chin on LG phones for example.

Nah, the iPhone one almost makes it feel like the frame itself Is clicking. The one on the pixel just feels like any other haptic feedback engine. I'm using the pixel xl right now and it's just slightly tighter than my old nexus 5x.

it's for you to be angry about it

Look up LG G5 or the V20, then compare their bottom bezels to the pixel. It's fucking almost twice the size.

I have nothing against Google but god damn, the Pixel is uuuuuuuugly. I have a high tolerance for bezels (currently rocking an Xperia X which has large bezels itself), however, its colossal chin is right there, all up in your fucking face, as if eager to rub its fingerprint-laden surface on your cheek.

If India was a phone, this would be it.

Pixel 2 when?

To make it look like an iphone for normies.

>What is this part for?
It's the storage compartment where Google keeps your blood and semen sample. It helps them curate content specifically for you.

AESTHETICS

oh shit nigger what are you doing

why cant they put a forward facing speaker there

Hey fellow X owner! How's the phone holding up for you? I like the software but the Wi-Fi is shit and the fingerprint sensor can get iffy for me.

Cut it out and tell us what stopped working.

>Apple has an excuse
LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT AND LAUGH

I own a Z3 Compact and honestly I don't know what to get next, X, X Performance or a ZX. X Compact is mid tier at best but at a premium price so it's a big no no.

Coherent design I guess, would look worse to have white at top and not equal white at bottom

>a home button that's also a fingerprint sensor
Vs.
>blank, wasted space
Holy christ are you a retard.
Retards like you that cock suck even when you're wrong are why people think androidshills are dumb

X is fine, no better or worse. Fingerprint sensor works nice most of the time but some days it just doesn't work. Wi-fi is shit so I hope you have a generous data plan and the NFC is on the front for some reason. Decent enough front facing speakers and headphone output is par for the course. Screen is nice enough too but some colors are way oversaturated at some points. Camera works very nicely but you have to use a third party app to record 4K and the Camera2 API only works at 4K and lower resolution so no manual photos. Battery life is very good, 5-6 hours SoT. I'm surprised, considering the SoC is inefficient as fuck and gets hot under load. The phone is nicely sized and should be waterproof if the rumors are correct. Sony just announced a concept ROM for the X too that's based on AOSP, but don't expect any other ROMs, and if you want root you will have to unlock the bootloader and lose the DRM partition unless there's a root exploit. The X performance and ZX are based on the same platform so they should be decent but I don't have experience with them. X Compact is based on the same platform as the X and both are 400USD now, knowing Sony they'll get even cheaper in 6 months.

>Not putting a speaker there and making it like the Nexus 6 with the front firing stereo speakers
Fuck you Google

remove that part of the phone and look how stupid it looks

Can you even trust google phones? It's google so I assume they're just trying to suck even more information out of you. At least a brand like apple seems to be about the product.

Do you even look at what you're buying before you buy it?

The pixel looks like a $5 smartphone made for the India market. It's specs and overall features suck. There was never a reason to buy it because every single phone is better.

say, you have an airplane, and you need to make an emergency landing, thats what that zone is for.

you have no control over what runs on either
chances are you are using google services on ishit as well

came here to post this

Specs are the best you can get it's just lacking features. And I should have looked closer before I ordered it. I'll never make that mistake twice

I wonder when other phones will adopt such a good motor, it might just take up too much space.