Projector Thread

What is your opinion? Do you have one? It's a good technology for home or just a elitist meme because TVs are better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mc5FKh9Ub6E
youtube.com/watch?v=GXpkvXi7db8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

projectors are better

Pro tip: Buy projectors from Alibaba. They are ridiculously cheap.

Are they decent?

Yes. Research the company first so you don't get chinked.

>chinked

bump

>projecting this hard

Best purchase I've ever made.
110in screen with 1080p Epson projector

I want the 650$ Optoma GT1080

youtube.com/watch?v=Mc5FKh9Ub6E
youtube.com/watch?v=GXpkvXi7db8

Decent dlp projector. Not the easiest to align but as long as it's permanent install it serve you well.

How much per minute do bulbs cost on average?

10 bucks

I'm on my first bulb at 1500 hours. Estimating from the amount of brightness I've lost I'll get to 2500 easily and I might be able to stretch it to 4000 .A new bulb would be $250 so about 10 cents an hour if I'm being conservative.

Not bad at all.

I like blacks to be black, not slightly brighter than the screen. Home projectors just aren't worthwhile for most use cases.

Projector bulbs are cheap

Retard

The good ones are very dark

Never brighter than the screen though, and I like to have some comfy reflected-off-matte-surfaces lighting at all times.

>I live in 2003: the post

I'm agree but tb-h that's not a problem nowadays

No. It's physically impossible to project darkness, so the blackest black will be at least as bright as the screen. Enjoy sitting in the dark all day, neckbeard.

>he doesnt sit in the dark all day

if your tv/gaming/movie room has any light you are a stupid fucking cuck.

glare a shit faggot

The new projectors will not ''project the dark'' my son...you probably has a shitty LCD projector.

My displays are in the middle of the room, with warm light reflecting off the wall behind them. No eyestrain or glare and I can read dead tree.

sounds right at first, but keep in mind that if you want a proper black on a TV, then you need your room to be dark too. otherwise you get gray at best.

who buys a projector because he wants to watch television all the time? nobody. people buy them to watch movies and series or game. and they buy them because they want their image to be large.
nobody who buys a projector wants to keep the lights on while using it.

is that the girl from game of thrones ?

No, game of blacked