Veracrypt is technology too

Veracrypt is technology too.

Femanon here. I need a solution. I have an external hard drive that I encrypted with Veracrypt on a Mac. I forgot to decrypt it before I got rid of the Mac. I'm using Windows now and my external hard drive can't be accessed on Windows because of the encryption. What would you do in this scenario?

I'm a grill by the way.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafour.com/software/macdrive/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Read the sticky and fuck off to or

Veracrypt is a forensic OS if you alternatives to backup your files it's not gonna happen unless you decrypt it. You might need to format the drive and delete data left over. Data still remains you need to wipe the entire hard drive or you'll receive dropouts.

You did install veracrypt on windows, right?

Forensic software*

install gentoo

Yes.

I'm not stupid. I just need a solution for this problem.
See:

Yesh

I've never seen anyone on this site who is so obviously not a girl

If you know the password you should be able to decrypt it, AFTER you do that, you'll have the decrypted HFS partition which you can mount with another utility.

Are you trying to clear the device, or just access it?

I'm glad someone here is not stupid.

OP here. I may just partition my computer's hard drive, install Mac on it as a hackintosh, decrypt the Veracrypt encryption, and then access the external hard drive on Windows. I didn't really want to go through all the trouble but it seems there's not a quicker solution.

/thread

Veracrypt doesn't care what the underlying filesystem is. A Veracrypt container is a Veracrypt container, and any version of Veracrypt on any OS can open it. Next time, format your containers as FAT32 or exFAT

Access it on Windows. I don't have access to Mac right now, yet.

Stupid fucking roastie

Install OSX in a VM and install Truecrypt in the VM

>Femanon here

I can't even view the actually container on Windows. It's not showing up. I even tried putting my password into the drive where I know for sure the container is located but it doesn't work.

Yeah, that's another option.
See:

this. are you sure it's because of veracrypt itself, and not the fs?

Did you put a VC container INTO the drive, or did you turn the entire drive into a container? If it's just a container file sitting inside the drive, then of course you're going to need something that understands HFS to be able to get to the container file

I made a container inside of the external hard drive, the whole thing is not encrypted.

Well then you'll need a Windows utility that can mount HFS-formatted drives. Google for one, I'm too lazy to care

Also, yeah I think I formatted the whole drive to HFS before I even put the container on it. So yeah, I guess I will have to just use a Mac OS.

Good idea. I hope this exits. Thanks.

>femanon
>grill

I'm trying one right now.

It should work, I'm using HFSExplorer and I can now see the container. It's a lot easier. Thanks again.

OP here. I used MacDrive 10 and that worked much easier. I can access all the files now with Veracrypt on Windows now.

mediafour.com/software/macdrive/