I am gonna use a crippled player cause Sup Forums told me to

>I am gonna use a crippled player cause Sup Forums told me to

Why people? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/manual/master/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

With a few minutes of config editing, I got it looking as nice as KCP and it plays webvtt subtitles whereas MPC doesn't.

it plays videos well and does not have useless bloat that many others have.

>crippled
what do you mean?

anyway, how to play a video with reduced FPS?

the intent is to lower cpu usage even further for use as a live wallpaper, i know mplayer has a flag for this

Because some people prefer command-line software. No one's forcing you to use it.

>crippled
If anything, MPC is an autistic, crippled, paralized child compared to mpv.

>CODEC PACKS
>2016

Everything down to the very grain of sand is configurable in MPV.

correct me if im wrong but it seems to me that mpv and mplayer build on ffplay which is awesome because ffmpeg plays everything under the sun

Where can someone learn to do this? The documentation is shit... I spent days trying to figure out how to speed up and slow down the video and never did so I went back to vlc where all features are available.

What the fuck are you guys talking about? You don't need codec packs - MPC-hc already plays everything - ever since 1.7.0 it ships the LAV filters within.
Well, maybe you could add VSFilter or Subfilter, but that's not really necessary.

RTFM
T
F
M

mpv.io/manual/master/

just transcode it into something more suitable

The documentation is shit, the key bindings only works on a US keyboard layout.

Copied someone else's and then edited it until it looked nice. Documentation can be annoying but do read it.

What? I've never used a codec pack and the only codec I ever had an issue with on MPC-HC was Cineform when it was new.

Recommend me a player that automatically hides on one side of the screen, just like your taskbar does on bottom

>cause Sup Forums told me to

stop doing this and just use MPC-HC like any sensible person.

People are idiots. That's why..

>he's too dumb to configure mpv
I am the biggest shill and supporter when it comes to proprietary software but when it comes to video players even I have to say that mpv is the best.

It's configurable as fuck and I also love subliminal which automatically downloads subtitles for me because I hate manually looking for them.

What the fuck are you talking about? You can create your own bindings you stupid fuck.

mpv actually stands for Most Powerful Videoplayer, the only thing crippled here is your brain

FFplay you mean, lol.