How I enlightened / redpilled a Linux friend

>see an old co-worker I haven't seen in a long time
>after a while he starts complaining about something broken in his Gentoo installation
>I ask him wtf is he talking about
>he mentions some dependencies, I'm not really following (too boring)
>proceed to ask him why he even bothers with Gentoo
>long-winded response he talks about UNIX and BSD and how good the Linux infrastructure is

then suddenly he says

>"Linux/Unix is amazing, I just wish there was... something like a unified GUI for it , basically the power of Linux with the user friendliness and GUI of windows..."

Then I look at him and say: but there is :)

>He says what?

I turn around my laptop and show him my OS X.

It's certified Unix with the most beautiful GUI.

He is floored, like, totally shocked. He sits down, his face is pale.

He realizes that what he hated his all life, was the same thing he was looking for .... a perfect Unix with a user friendly, beautiful GUI.

He was enlightened...

I just received an E-mail from him now that he ordered a MacBook Pro since.

Other urls found in this thread:

elementary.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=KHZ8ek-6ccc
extremetech.com/computing/238878-apple-now-officially-dongle-company-happens-make-smartphones-computers
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues/
youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG5_kU
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i didnt read your post but macOS is good

good job OP. Redpill one person at a time and over time it will be worth it. GNU/Linux/globalism is ruining everything and we must fight against it

sounds like a massive fag like you.

good job.

enjoy that shitty ui and those faggy shadows and retarded animations you can't disable. Also enjoy that lack of focus-follows-mouse and all sorts of other basic window management shit that even wangblows does.

Hell it doesn't even have select-paste, so "UNIX" though.

Amethyst is the only way it becomes even remotely useful and even then it can only do so much.

dunno why people dont recognize the raw power of mac.
Stable af
dat linux compatibility
the looks
has everything between facebook shitposter & heavy programming / pentester

note im talking about max os not, the hardware

>Hell it doesn't even have select-paste
It does, but doesn't function in Finder.

>something like a unified GUI for it , basically the power of Linux with the user friendliness and GUI of windows...
...so literally Bash on Windows?

nice roleplay op, but you have to go to /tg/ for that.

Oh hai

elementary.io/

lol

i got bored of elementary after uninstalling the dock twice, and never got it to function or show properly

>mac
>redpill

>lack of focus-follows-mouse
wat
os x does that 10x better than either ganoo or windows

desu I much prefer developing software on Windows. That's besides the greater amount of software as well.

Always hated Apple without give it a chance because of the proprietary meme. Got a Macbook as a graduation gift and never looked back. It's Unix like you said so you can still do whatever the fuck you want to it

Yes he's an expert on the cyber. I like Trump because he's anti-establishment but he obviously doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about when it comes to that

I hope you aren't trolling

toddlerOS was never UNIX and never will be

XNU's Not Unix

I lost my self help.

>>source:my imagination.

Mac os x is fucking kick ass, if you disagree you're a gurenteeed fgit. Macs are shit though

Jobs was a meme and created meme products for meme spouting generation of ass bandits.

I will never use an Apple product even if given free. Fuck this stupid asshole company and their gimmicks.

>incoherent neckbeard gibberish
That image is proof as to why OS X is the best operating system. You don't have to be a fat basement dweller to be able to use it.

>t. mactoddler

Are you retarded?

>not even Posix compliant
It's fucking trash.

That "neckbeard gibberish" proves that your OS is not Posix compliant, making it a fucking meme OS like Windows. Find another loo to poo in, rajeesh. No matter how many shill replies you leave in these threads, we won't buy your shitty computers.

>mactoddler
>asks if someone else is retarded

>we won't buy your shitty computers
That's because you can't buy them, you poorfag loser.

things that never happened: the post

I own an X1 Carbon with far superior hardware and an OS which is Posix compliant. Grip the shaft and suck, you stupid curry nigger.

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

>I own an X1 Carbon
So it's worth about half of my 15" rMBP

poorfag

how do you rice os x, i own an os x device i just never use it because it doesn't feel comfy enough

It's a $1400 laptop. Being able to plug in flash drives without a dongle sounded pretty good at the time I bought it. I've also been enjoying a fingerprint reader in my laptops for about a decade now. Stay mad, pajeet.

>mac

Spotted the poorfag.

>Being able to plug in flash drives without a dongle sounded pretty good at the time I bought it
My MacBook Pro can do that, does your ChinkPad have dual DisplayPort? Or a dedicated GPU? Or an SSD with read and write speeds of 1.5GB/s?

Nah, it doesn't, poorfag

>mactoddler
>bragging about specs on an overheating throttling toddler toy

Hello apple.

That's not the model I have, and when using the stress test in CPUz with all 8 threads clock speed flucuates between 2.9GHz and 3.2GHz.

Nice try though, poorfag.

Stupid troll is stupid. Lots of laptops have dual display out, same with dedicated GPUs. R/W speeds of that caliber come from PCIe ssds, which are becoming more and more common.

Get rekt scrub.

>closed source
>do what you want
Apple is one of the biggest enslaver of humanity.

okm8

>Lots of laptops have dual display out, same with dedicated GPUs. R/W speeds of that caliber come from PCIe ssds, which are becoming more and more common.
Your ChinkPad doesn't have any of those features though, does it?

>dual DisplayPort
Hot garbage.
>dedicated GPU
Yes.
>SSD with read and write speeds of 1.5GB/s
Also yes.

Can you use the internet while using an external hard drive?

Nah, you can't, poorfag.

You linked the wrong post Pajeet. That guy doesn't like Apple. Take more English classes.

>Can you use the internet while using an external hard drive?
Of course I can, I don't have the 2016 rMBP which is a piece of shit.

>t. poorfag

>I don't have the 2016 rMBP
POOR
O
O
R

youtube.com/watch?v=KHZ8ek-6ccc

>rMBP

Piece of shit.

very carefully haha

extremetech.com/computing/238878-apple-now-officially-dongle-company-happens-make-smartphones-computers

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues/

youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG5_kU

youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o

>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>keyboard shallower than a hollywood slut
>keyboard louder than a sheboon nigress
>proprietary SSD
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>tamper tape on battery screws

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously/

>it's 2016 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

APPLEL IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

MACFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

I don't replace my computer every 12 months, and I will never upgrade to a MacBook that has only USB-C.

elaborate

>I don't replace my computer every 12 months

Spotted the poorfag mactoddler.

this

I don't need to upgrade when my MacBook Pro is still faster than your ChinkPad

i didn't rice os x i riced iterm2 and firefox

>I don't need to upgrade when my MacBook Pro is still faster than your ChinkPad
Such throttling, much shittieness! Nice fake benchmarks.

Doesn't throttle

Enjoy the Windows 10 botnet, maybe next year you'll be able to opt out of updates.

>Unification
Freedom & choice is better.

give him a new mac for free.

>Windows 10 botnet
Lolno, I run Peppermint OS. Windows is shit. You also look like a massive retard for implying that OS X doesn't spy on you.

>throttlebook
>fast

good joke

It doesn't, Apple won't unlock devices for the FBI because they care about their customers.

Apple is for intellectuals

>Apple won't unlock devices for the FBI
False. You should read into that a little more. It was only recently that Apple stopped working with law enforcement. Hell, iOS didn't get user partition encryption until iOS 7.
>because they care about their customers
That's rich, user. See above. Adding to that, Apple has encrypted system files since iOS 2. Apple cares more about your money and keeping you in the walled garden than they do about your wellbeing.

With that picture you could convince me otherwise.

>Hell, iOS didn't get user partition encryption until iOS 7.
>iOS didn't get proper encryption until 3 years ago
so still 3 years earlier than most Android devices

I don't own an iPhone anyway

My shitty Motorola phone from 2011 running Anroid Gingerbread had limited encryption support. Apple is not new or innovative. You're just stupid.

>people are taking this obvious bait seriously

>PEOPLE ARE TAKING THIS OBVIOUS BAIT SERIOUSLY

This is dumb. Your friend should not be using gentoo if he doesn't know shit. Most DEs on Linux are much better looking than OSX