Which music streaming service do you use?

Which music streaming service do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/11/for-five-months-spotify-has-badly-abused-users-storage-drives/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I stream from my local .FLAC library using foobar2000.

Also relevant:
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/11/for-five-months-spotify-has-badly-abused-users-storage-drives/

Spotify but only on my phone

>my local .FLAC library

How do I access this service? Which services do you rival?

deezer subscription is included in my $10/month phone plan, so that.

>deezer

>only on my phone

>children's website pocketmortys.net

>paying even a cent for music

>streaming music

Spotify

>streaming music

soundcloud and jewtube

It's actually very practical and I can play millions of songs whenever I want

Apple Music.
I never really got on with Spotify as I didn't like the interface and I didn't like having two seperate programs/apps for my music. Whereas now everything's all together and treated the same way.

Torrenting music is just as practical.

GPM because it comes with YouTube red and unlike Spotify it won't brick your SSD. It also had a proper "show me all the downloaded songs only"

I used to think like this but 10 sheckels a month is really nothing.

bandcamp, but I rarely use it for it's streaming functionality. It's just a good place to buy and download music.

>music streaming service
sorry I'm not a cuckold

Spotify for discovering new music

That have a lot of world music that is great and some obscure music that I could never find in other places. Their Web UI for music is amazing, and they're good for keeping track of your favorite music, if it's not available anymore they simply darken it out unlike other music services that simply delete it .

I use google play music for uploading my bought music collection to and their podcast player is great.

None of them.
I download my shit.

Unless you're away from a computer and want different music on the go.
And yes, you can torrent from an android device or a jailbroken iPhone but come on, that's not as practical as just opening up a music app, searching and tapping once.

>people actually believe this

Groove

That's why I carry a music player with my library on it.
>support the creators!!1!1!1

That's not in the list of options, loser.

>Poorfags actually convinced themselves torrenting is more convenient

Just kidding. None.

Fuck off kikes

That's a bit difficult I have this much music and I'd rather just carry my phone around. Feels fine to just stream stuff as and when I want to. There's wifi everywhere in my city and even when not, I've got 20GB of 4G to play with.

GPM because it's more focused on library building and comes coupled with YouTube Red which is nice

Checked, please teach me senpai.

Custom script which uses mpv
Torrenting FLACs and converting them to .opus

I understand that in Europe you get very huge mobile data amounts or even unlimited mobile data, but how do people in the USA, Canada and Australia use these services given they usually have data caps on mobile plans that are 10gb or less?

>Europe
>unlimited mobile data
They put speed limit once you've blew X GBs.

Yeah but how much is X, and what does it slow down to?

Also are you charged for any data beyond X?

For me it's 2GB. When I cross the line I get ~15KBps

I don't get charged extra. When I blow 2GB it's basically unusable.

Suddenly my 2.5gb limit doesn't seem as bad.

Still, I can't really get use out of Spotify etc in mobile because it would chew through that limit very quickly.

>music streaming service

I'm hosting my own Subsonic Server for me and my mates, so we can listen to everything we need.

Spotify for just listening, Pacemaker using spotify for gym or driving mixes.

Groove, never looked back.

Don't get why it's not. It has a huge library (including the most obscure shit) and comes bundled with mobile plans in most EU countries.
Enjoy your Spotify botnet amerafag...

>Everyone saying Spotify

HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE SSDs

For almost five months—possibly longer—the Spotify music streaming app has been assaulting users' storage devices with enough data to potentially take years off their expected lifespans. Reports of tens or in some cases hundreds of gigabytes being written in an hour aren't uncommon, and occasionally the recorded amounts are measured in terabytes. The overload happens even when Spotify is idle and isn't storing any songs locally.

Three Ars reporters who ran Spotify on Macs and PCs had no trouble reproducing the problem reported, not only in the above-mentioned Spotify forum but also on Reddit, Hacker News, and elsewhere. Typically, the app wrote from 5 to 10 GB of data in less than an hour on Ars reporters' machines, even when the app was idle. Leaving Spotify running for periods longer than a day resulted in amounts as high as 700 GB.

Holy shit. I just checked, and Task Manager says Spotify has written over 1TB in the past 15 days. I've played maybe 5 songs on this computer during that time.

i download music with torrent :^)

>gibegibegibe
u voted 4 shillary, amirite? :D:D:D:D

I happen to live in the California Bay Area so I've got options to shop around. I use T-Mobile and have the unlimited plan. 70 bucks a month. Tethering used to be good for watching videos on my tablet or laptop, but TMobile started throttling tethering, but I was limited to 10 GB for tethering anyway.

I use about 100 GB a month between uber, consuming nearly all my media on my phone and streaming/tethering and apart from tethering, I don't get throttled. Though connection can be spotty in the hills and south of San Francisco and more towards the valley of if I'm in the Mission District.

If I were to have the cheaper plan of only 5 GB a month, I would basically do two things: Lower the bitrate it streams at and then start downloading playlists directly to my phone.

I would proabably use only 3 GB of data that way a month, saving me another 2 GB of data for GPS for driving for uber (quitting soon, fuck that job and fuck the hipster pieces of shit who made and use that service) and the occasional youtube video.

Prime lets me download videos now too, so I can pre-load them before leaving.

tl;dr Lower the bitrate, download playlists on wifi.

>throttling my tethering
How are they able to make a distinction between tethering and mobile traffic again?

I have a di.fm premium subscription but I'm not constantly tuned in.

>but muh own playlists

I don't have time to fuck around with playlists. I tune into a genre I feel like listening to and di.fm fucking delivers.

spotify+ublock

Deezer, only thing the frenchies made that is actually good

Because I have an non jailbroken iphone 7+. I could get around it if I tried, but I don't feel like it. It's good enough to get my Herolab patches on my iPad, which is all I really tether it for these days anyway.

Yeah but I mean what specific mechanism they use. Some iOS API to count data? Or is iOS using a different connection for tethering than for mobile internet?

That sounds retarded and infuriating desu. You buy a connection endpoint, what is behind it should be nobody's fucking business but yours.

It was a joke. And I actually voted for Donald Trump. District 26 of Westchester, New York.

download form soulseek an dplay

spotify is cheap and just werks

How do you have a JB 7+ when there's no jailbreak for iOS 10?

What the fuck.. Removing this shit from my computers immediately

Tidal

It's fixed now, don't panic, just update to newest.

>lichess.org

where do you live to have so much internet?

soulseek and rutracker

I use Spotify. It works and there's no issues with it. I like the design and simplicity. The free version is more than enough. I use(ed) the premium version only because of my phone. Otherwise I think it's pointless.

Google Play is amazing because you can store your own music, but since I have Spotify, there's no reason for me to store music at all because I just stream it. Play is the go to if you have a lot of "legally purchased" music on your hard drive. Doesn't have a desktop application and I'm not going to use the web player bullshit. Someone on github made one, but ehh... I don't really like the design of it. It's annoying to use. Seems like they just took the mobile design and changed the resolution. It's interesting once you get used to it, but Spotify is much better. Play is amazing on mobile, though. Use it instead of Spotify premium if you're a Jew.

Apple Music is a joke.

Amazon Music is a meme, didn't know it even existed. Unless they give some moist benefits to Prime members or something, there's no point in it, but I'll be on the lookout for some good deals from them because they'll need to lure in customers.

YouTube Music is irrelevant on top of YouTube Red. Just use Firefox with an adblocker or use a vid to mp3 website and put the song on your Google Play account. :^) Beat the kikes at their own game.

Groove Music is PURE trash. Used to get albums for $1, even new releases. However, most artists don't allow streaming on it and you have to download the songs, which you can just send to Google Play and never use Groove music again, except for buying albums for $1 and repeating, but Spotify is free and better... Makes no sense.

To be fair, I don't use iPhones. If I did, I'd probably exclusively use Apple Music. Furthermore, I'm boring so I don't have like 5,000 albums that I like so that probably has something to do with my decisions. Maybe not.

Also irrelevant... Stop spreading propaganda you autists.

>mfw you fools don't own your music in this day and age

I use spotify because im lazy and i listen to variety of music.
Never tried another service, but i was thinking about getting google music too

Ungarn

now we've confused practicality for convenience

>Just use Firefox with an adblocker or use a vid to mp3 website and put the song on your Google Play account. :^) Beat the kikes at their own game.

kek, that's what I do
Ive yet to wait for a proper functioning vid to mp3 editor (putting high quality albums, changing the tags to look legit, editing song duration). But for now, ill make do with what I'm doing

I-I'm still buying CDs

rockbox.org

Spotify, been using it since it was invite only beta and have had no reason to try anything else

>vid to mp3

You probably shouldn't even be posting on Sup Forums

>he pays for his music

It's impossible to own your music. Either you paid for your copy, which means you are licensed to consume it indefinitely, or you subscribed to a service, which means you are licensed to consume it for a set period of time, or you pirated it, which means you don't own it at all.

Soundcloud

>He's willing to work FOR FREE

Neither do you buddy, unless you wrote and recorded all those albums

I'm not a streaming cuck anymore, but when I was I definitely found Apple Music to be the better service.
It had more music (that I cared about) compared to Spotify and with a couple jailbreak tweaks the interface could look and work amazingly well. It was definitely my favorite.
Spotify UI is crap, especially in tablets.

I'm streaming from my hard drives

>spotify
>can't even play a single track without paying, have to listen to whole album
>can't even stop a track, only pause
>have to pay for skips and shuffles

great software

Google play, of course.

Fuck off kike

Youtube

applel music

if you're going to prattle on about semantics then I have no doubt streaming will suit you well enough.

Google Play

None of them, it's local playback of my Opus encoded FLAC sourced material or I don't fucking listen to anything.

mpd

Bump.

All of them use nonfree software.
I was able to play spotify with despotify(free software) but now its not working anymore.

also install Trisquel

This

They offer no real davantage over pirated software or oficial alternatives that support the owners, like YouTube.

If anything I just buy it to support my favorite artists. Our god emperor said that propietary is alright from time to time as long as you are able to brake from their chains. Just buy it for them, then just pirate it and play it in your favorite player.

SoundCloud Go has all the underground artists and big artists and albums, for the same price as every other service.

But I really like their music

Apple music
>fast, clean and responsive
>integrates with macos and ios perfectly
>full itunes library

What more can a nigga ask for

A non third party flac player and SD cards maybe.
Fucking 5 yo mp3 players holds up better, at least you can insert an SD card in them.

more like where does he live to have so small amount of internet

you guys literally are on Sup Forums but dont even have unlimited LTE? how the fuck is that possible, its so cheap here and i already have used over 60GB this month

>paying for soundcloud