How do you switch between headphones and speakers easily on a computer?

How do you switch between headphones and speakers easily on a computer?

I've got headphones, a headset, and a set of speakers that I have to manually swap between by changing what is plugged in to the I/O panel.

Do any of you do this or have a better solution? I figure buying some sort of audio switcher is a solution but I'd rather ask you guys because there might be a better way.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/sirWest/AudioSwitch
audinst.com/en/items/186?ckattempt=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Plug headphones into headphones port, and speakers into back audio port, it should use back port by default unless headphones are plugged in

well i've only got two outputs, counting the front one, and three audio devices i want to swap between.

it seems like it would be easy enough to build a switcher with parts from radio shack.

Make sure to have quality wire

You can switch between if they're both plugged in.

the problem is i don't have enough 3.5mm jacks on my computer. i've only got a front one and a back one, but i'm trying to swap between headphones, a headset, and speakers.

Like this

>How do you switch between headphones and speakers easily on a computer?
10ft extension cable from back of computer to the place where i put my headphones down

it's not that much of an extra step to find the right end to plug in when i'm picking my headphones up
it's not like i need to fiddle around with the jacks on a computer, everything is all obvious and staring at me

oh shit that's not bad. the whole issue i have is having to get up and fiddle around with the back of my computer. if i have the output closer to me, it eliminates that problem.

>easily

if you have an audio interface, you lower the volume on the monitors' knob and turn it up on the headphones' knob

can do both at once on my integrated amp.

>>easily
isn't it easy to click settings, then sound and then speakers?

Buy a mixer. By far the easiest way

I'm using AudioSwitch which I think is damn easy.
github.com/sirWest/AudioSwitch

apparently not for OP

the issue isn't changing audio outputs from a software standpoint.

the issue is i don't have enough holes in my computer to plug all my headphones into.

Get a dac then and connect your audio devices into that and you'll have an easy time switching between them

>corsair gayming headset

>X headset that doesn't have cables because I use them for more than gaming stuck at the chair.
Yes.

git yourself a bunch of these

>front audio port is faulty
>computer does not detect headphones plugged in but plays audio through them anyways
>computer also plays audio through rear port to speakers
>leave speaker amp turned off unless I need them
>can merely pick up headphones without touching anything else and they work
Pretty easy desu.

kek
got the same

splitters for daaaaaaays

i did mention an audio interface, does not have to be anything fancy, m8

get a used scarlett 2i2 or like somebody mentioned, splitters

You could get a 3.5mm splitter,a sound card,a usb to 3.5mm adapter or a stereo mixer.

Splitters reduce quality.
Buy a proper audio interface with enough outputs.

t. musician

I bough a Audinst HUD-mx2 for exact this reason. It has a small switch to change between headphones and speakers.

audinst.com/en/items/186?ckattempt=1

It powers my Beyerdynamic DT 880 (600Ohm Version).

pc plugs into amp. amp can switch between speakers and headphones by turning a knob.

>t. musician
Post discarded. Depends on the splitter, how it operates and what is connected in the load side.

Exactly