Boots up in 5 seconds from when you press the power button

>boots up in 5 seconds from when you press the power button
>literally 3x faster than Ubuntu

Why aren't you using Solus, the greatest distro?

Other urls found in this thread:

openbenchmarking.org/result/1606039-HA-1606036KH29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i barely ever boot my computer. i put it to sleep and bring it up from that.

these kinds of benchmarks are ridiculous. like the people that work on solus spend all of their time lurking internet forums and figuring out what metrics they should use to assess their progress, rather than doing any kind of user studies or anything.

Might as well use Temple OS if you want fast startup.

Because I don't trust measurements like this from a random guy on the internet.

Or maybe it's just more optimised for performance and stability compared to other distros?

Test it yourself then.
You are capable of creating and deleting partitions, aren't you? Install it on a 5GB partition and test it out.

Go to bed, Kevin. Your astroturfing is just starting to put people rabidly against it, anyways.

>Or maybe it's just more optimised for performance and stability compared to other distros?
startup time doesn't really indicate either of those things. if anything, obsessing over startup time sounds like stability is an issue, for you to be concerned about how long it takes to cold start.

and using startup time as a metric for performance is super flawed; an operating system can defer stuff that the user wants, but isn't strictly necessary to look like it's finished starting up. if you want to gesture vaguely toward "performance", you need to figure out what you're actually talking about, and then find a metric that actually speaks to that.

Kevinposting should be bannable.

Because I use Debian Testing

>boots up in 5 seconds from when you press the power button
That's a lie. Better mobos POST longer

This.
~ $ systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 12.343s (firmware) + 257ms (loader) + 1.741s (kernel) + 1.072s (userspace) = 15.415s

It is _not_ cold boot.

Using no OS at all means a 0 second boot time. Why are you using an OS?

>Better mobos POST longer
This

Ever tried booting a high-qualtiy server mainboard? They often take a minute or longer because they actually properly initialize and check all hardware and memory, and have more hardware to begin with

Becuase the Solus devs never put up the system reqs for Budgie. I use a low spec PC.

Because my fucking BIOS takes lime seven seconds

Why does anyone care about boot time? This has always fascinated me. Do these people just sit staring at their computer screen, hyperventilating, until it's done booting? Like those people who complain about screen tearing, they presumably just sit there moving windows around while crying all day.

I mean come on, can't you do something else for a minute while it's booting? I turn mine on before I go for my morning shit.

It's overhead. Especially on laptops, it's painful.
On desktops, logging in and opening programs can take longer than booting up, so getting an SSD kills two birds with one stone

My Ubuntu boots up in 4s.

My BSD boots up in 3s.

how low, I tried solus on a C2D T5500, iGPU and 1.5GB ram and it ran just fine, except firefox

What's with all the desperate Solus shilling recently?

Also, booting time is NOT a universal metric of an OS's quality.

lmao no. Stop trying

You're just jealous you smelly moist festering cunt

Pathetic

My BSD doesn't even boot

Exactly this. Startup time and performance are often in conflict.

I'm using it on a d2500, 4GB ram, and hd5450.
It runs perfectly fine for web browsing and watching movies and shit.

They've released a new version with mate instead of budgie for lower end PCs.

It's got some nice optimisation's that you won't find in any other distro besides clear Linux.
openbenchmarking.org/result/1606039-HA-1606036KH29

Go away Solus shill, it's not any better than any other distro that changes it's DE and calls itself revolutionary.

>>boots up in 5 seconds from when you press the power button
Sounds like Windows 10 to me.

This desu. Budgie has nothing new / novel to offer, its existence is pointless.

>he doesn't know what a shill is
>continues to use that word multiple times a day
>every day

You can use other DEs on Solus, they just ship budgie it's lighter than cinnamon and (subjectively) looks nicer.

See
Solus MATE.

Kevin mate, you need to get yourself a girlfriend or something. Come on son.

What now?

Why are you showing us a conversation between you and your mother? You're just making everyone uncomfortable.

I just don't see how Solus is superior to Manjaro or Lubuntu.

Incest is Wincest, user.

>my mother is a 21 year old Latina I regularly have sex with
So you dislike Solus AND have fucked up sexual fetishes?
Good job user.

It's much better made than any Ubuntu/Debian distro.
Not sure about manjaro/arch though.

>21 year old
>Latina
She has to go back.

Kevin, Kevin. Whether this girlfriend of yours exists or not, you make yourself look like a fool when you brag about her.

Also
>bragging about sleeping with a shitskin

Autism - many such cases!

>bragging
If showing evidence of having a gf after being told to get one is considered bragging to you, then you really need to solve some personal issues before you die alone buddy.

No you misunderstand me. I accused you of bragging because you felt the need to say you regularly have sex with her / him / it.

It's a damn shame, Kevin. I nearly respected you. You're a disgusting shill, sure, but you showed tenacity and always stood by your beliefs. Now any semblance of respect I'd grown for you has been lost forever, and I very much doubt I only speak for myself in that regard.

Now fuck off.

>Arguing on an anonymous imageboard

Autismo

Just bored while breakfast gets cooked :^)
2 eggs, black pepper, garlic, Italian herb mix, and salt

>now fuck off
Ooh, big guy. I'm so scared of the big tuff meanie on the anonymous image board I'll never meet in my life :(
WAAAAAAA

>Ooh, big guy. I'm so scared of the big tuff meanie on the anonymous image board I'll never meet in my life :(
>WAAAAAAA
What the fuck did you fucking say about me, you little bitch?

NOBODY WANTS YOU HERE KEVIN FUCK OFF

YOU'RE NEARLY AS BAD AS THAT FUCKING TRAP WHO KEEPS POSTING THE SAME DESKTOP PIC

No but seriously, your frothy-mouthed rampant shilling of Solus is having the opposite of what is, presumably, the intended effect. You're turning people off of it. It could be the very best distro ever made that cures cancer and sucks the user off on command, but nobody will ever know because you're a cunt.

All right I forgot where I was going with that last part, but basically you're a cunt.

I didn't say anything cunt.
I wrote it down for eceryone to see, right here.
Keep acting tough online if it helps you handle your insecurities :^)

What the fuck have you done to those poor eggs you fucking pleb? Did your nigger girlfriend give you that recipe?

>I'll never meet in my life
Good thing, too. I'd beat the ever loving shit out of you, piss on your shitskin girlfriend while you watch, dd the latest Solus ISO onto a flash drive, and slowly insert said flash drive up your piss hole while I hold a lit lighter to your balls

actually wasn't me, but thanks for playing.

Real talk tho, those eggs look delicious. I might try the recipe myself in the morning. (It's midnight here.)

just use a base upstream distro like debian or arch and put your DE on it instead of locking into a specific snowflake distro nobody uses

What the hell is wrong with all you people, arguing over a damn distro? I tried it live for a bit and it seemed comfy.
Also,who the hell is Kevin?

>pretending not to know who Kevin is
Even your trips can't save you.

Trump ain't hiring more bodyguards. Don't try too hard.

For real, I overdid the herbs and it turned out a little dry, so just remember that if you try the recipe out.

The distro itself is better than Debian though, in many ways, unless you enjoy having massive repositories full of software you most likely won't look at or bother installing.

I honestly don't know user, I'm a Sup Forumsack that sometimes come over here to see if "it's finally the year of linux desktop".
Guess I'll just fuck off from Sup Forums then

thx bby

Yeah maybe you should.
*whips out flash drive*
*throws it like shuriken*
*it goes up your piss hole*
*balls explode*
MEIN URETHRA! (you shout)
*smile plays on lips*
NOTHING PERSONAL KID

I do have a girlfriend lol, we're nearing our one month anniversary soon.
Not me lol, I've only posted a total of 2 solus threads and that was over a week ago.

>he doesn't know she's been cheating the whole time
lmfao

Okay

Hi Kevin!
Quick question, Is Midori stable on solus?
It's a crashy mess here on Fedora, but no other browser is as light and functional.

HI KEVIN I LOVE YOU TOUCH MY BALLS PLS

Mate, Midori is a fucking mess regardless of distro

>solusposting
SAGE

Seems stable enough.

KEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN

not me lol

Been using it on this old PC for a while now. Boots up in like 10 seconds off an old 150GB western digital HDD.

Really nice distro overall, I recomend it to anyone if they haven't tried it yet.