Is there any way to know if a USB is safe before sticking it into your computer?

Is there any way to know if a USB is safe before sticking it into your computer?

I want to set up a free USB "library" of pirated textbooks and distribute them in my local area, but obviously nobody is going to want to use it unless I can somehow prove my USBs are safe and non-malicious.

Is there any way to do so?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/security/2015/10/usb-killer-flash-drive-can-fry-your-computers-innards-in-seconds/
textfiles.com/anarchy/
piratebox.cc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oh shit

>OP makes textbook usb
>nig-nog picks it up
>throws it out because fuck books lol he don't even know how to read

what is sharing files over the internet

arstechnica.com/security/2015/10/usb-killer-flash-drive-can-fry-your-computers-innards-in-seconds/

waddap?

USB sticks cost like £6. I don't care.

1) Only techsavvy people share files all over the internet. Plenty of people who could benefit from pirated novels, textbooks. essays, whatever simply don't know how. But everyone knows how to use a USB stick.

2) USB sticks are less traceable and less obvious than setting up a torrent that can be easily shut down by the relevant authorities.

3) If you tell someone how to pirate textbooks themselves, they will likely be too lazy to do so. If you actually give them the textbooks so that no effort on their part is required, they are much more likely to actually make use of them.

4) I need something interesting to occupy my time

Yeah exactly. I need people to be able to trust my USBs. Is there any way to enable this?

your plan and logic is absolute shit, what are you, from the 90s?

Whats wrong with it?

I think it would be fun to collect a couple thousand worthy books, and just as fun to distribute them. Everyone needs a hobby.

There is no way to confirm by visual inspection if a USB drive will murder your PC. Looking at the PCB will tell you if it's one of those physical zappers but software payloads have to be inspected by software that normals don't have. Plus there's literally nothing stopping some cunt from putting malware on your drive after you drop it. It's happened before.

Also why bother? If random people are too lazy/stupid to get something trivial and unnecessary then why do it for them, for free, and risk your own ass in the process?

Hide a Linux bootable in the pendrive and boot into Linux each time you get it back and do. A virus scan?

Sorry just woke up, thought you wanted to see for yourself upon return if it's fucked up or not.

Easiest thing to do to show others is just install antivirus and take a screen photo with your phone to show it says it's safe.

If it's in nice packaging no-one will care.

I think it would be fun just wear gloves and don't leave cp and it should be a good time.

Normies don't realize that USB drives can be dangerous. You don't need to prove that it's safe.

wow, KYS OP.
>Only techsavvy people share files all over the internet.
Are you one of those retards who think downloading firefox or chrome makes you techsavvy?
>USB sticks are less traceable
Just upload the shit from an IT cafe/McDonalds WiFi retard.
>easily shut down by the relevant authorities.
Nobody cares about your h4x0r "info ring".
>they will likely be too lazy to do so
Reading the book is still 99% of the work, even if it's a short novel, retard. You're not going to make your fight club fantasy real by distributing The Anarchist Cookbook on USB sticks. People have been doing shit like this for literally centuries

Normies do not know how to use torrent clients.

This is undisputably true.

Yes they do. Why do you think uTorrent still exists?

>Are you one of those retards who think downloading firefox or chrome makes you techsavvy?
Confirmed I guess

OP is 14 and just discovered the pirate bay and thinks it gives him access to cool underground information
OP doesn't know that in fact TPB alone is one of the absolute most popular webpages on the entire internet, never mind if you add in all other torrent sites.

lel

Why not just host some website for like 5 bucks a month and do it?

If that was the case, why was Yiffy so damn prominent then?

>You're not going to make your fight club fantasy real by distributing The Anarchist Cookbook on USB sticks.

And regular jackoffs can find a copy of the AC through Google, anyway. Sheeeeeit, look at all this shit - textfiles.com/anarchy/ - and any asshole with a few minutes to spare can find that shit through Google, too.

Why not trying piratebox?
piratebox.cc/

hey this looks really cool
thanks user