>deep travel keys
>excellent driver support
>crisp HD screen with deep blacks
>amazing trackpad
>solid metal
>swap the optical bay for a second hard drive or battery
>cheaper than new ThinkPads

I regret not trying it sooner

I would like to try, but can't live without thinkpad's clitoris.

But what about the CPU and GPU? It's an 8 year old laptop after all

>core 2 duo

fuck off Sup Forums
my 2008 X200 is fine, c2d is fine

How about the early 2011 model?
>user upgradable battery
>user upgradable RAM
>user upgradable SSD/HDD
>deep travel keys
>excellent driver support
>crisp HD screen with deep blacks
>amazing trackpad
>solid metal
>cheaper than new ThinkPads
But also
>i5/i7
>intel hd 3000

I own one.

I bought one new when it came out. I don't know if I can say it was worth what i paid, but it has a lovely DAC, bright clear screen, and the best trackpad out there. Used mine as a daily driver for 7 years.

That said, the reason I'm not using mine any more is because the display is falling apart. The glass is attached to the aluminum case with what looks like a thin strip of airplane glue, which is a big problem when the vent expels hot air right beside the hinge. The lid on mine has been separating, which makes the display not want to work most of the time.

If al you do is shitpost, sure. There are other resource-intensive applications besides videogames.

I compile Chromium and my company's projects with no issues.
The main thing that you need is RAM, X200 supports 8 GB fine.
And btw, I can play 10 bit chinese cartoons with no issue.

>old as fuck CPU is not important
>having expandable RAM is

Seriously? That's awesome. Can you play HEVC encodes? My shitbox can't

C2D is not old, tell me what kind of stuff I can't do on it.
Protip: hash bruteforcing and other heavy stuff can be easily done with botnet or other cloud

>HEVC encodes
I didn't face the need of it so I never done that.

This. It's a cheaply made, shoddy laptop that you get very overcharged for. Why would you spend so much on something, especially if you're not going to use OS X?

>not a thinkpad
its shit

Muh niggu

non retina 2012 is the best user, you can go up to 16gbs of ram, put two drives on it, has decent battery life and they were i5/i7 . After that Retina models are hit or miss.

You're shit

Got the Mid 2012 model(last before Retina) and love it to death. Just wish the screen was at least 1080p

>>swap the optical bay for a second hard drive or battery
holy shit, you can actually swap it for a battery?

>breaks after 7 years of daily use
>cheaply made

are you retarded?

only good if you get the poor mans 13" edition without a dedicated gpu.

and 'user upgradable battery' forgets to mention that even though you can remove the battery, you can not find an actual replacement that will last longer than 30 days before refusing to hold a charge anymore.

ive got a 2011, but dont kid yourself apple tars

yep, had one for a good amount of time before I handed it off to a buddy for a 15 rMBP. Solid machine :)

>no clit

>battery

no you cant you fucking idiot

Atleast I can collect my semen in there.

See Macs are trash.

Fuck you Sup Forums. The Core 2 Duo still works fine.

>you can not find an actual replacement that will last longer than 30 days before refusing to hold a charge
Ebay? Buy an official battery? This applies to all machines. You get what you pay for.

This.

I'm not a macfag but yes you fucking can. I did it on my Thinkpad T400.

you cant buy official batteries anywhere, and the ebay batteries are all $50 and pieces of shit.

>Post mentioning functionality of 2011 Mac
>Called out for being wrong
>B... b.. but yes you can! My Thinkpad can!

Grow a brain

I'll be right back with another screenshot of ebay for you...

Are you literally retarded?

>talking about batteries
>posts a hdd caddy

jesus fuck you are dumb

I responded to two people at once (unless you're actually a desperate samefag). I can't post multiple pictures. The first is proving that you can replace a macbook's optical drive with a hard drive bay and this picture is showing that you can buy genuine Apple parts online. You're about as dense as a fucking neutron star and as dim as the inside of your asshole where your head is stuck.

>You're about as dense as a fucking neutron star and as dim as the inside of your asshole where your head is stuck.

those are not official, they are knockoffs. the same stuff you buy on amazon where people who actually wait to review mention they all take a giant shit after a month or so

there is a reason they are that cheap, its like buying the cheap as fuck chinese knockoff lenovo batteries

>those are not official
Many of them are. You just have to read before you buy. Do not purchase items that you can't return. This is common sense stuff. Just stop shitposting and start reading ebay listings.

Any elitebook with i7 its better in:
>price
>super fast and easy cleaning and maintaining
>has similiar design