Here in Romania we have to solve the informatics graduation exam on paper...

Here in Romania we have to solve the informatics graduation exam on paper. We have excercises when we have to use backtracking, binary search, basic stuff like that, but it really annoys me that I can't compile the code and I always make little mistakes that sometimes fucks up the whole solution. (We should write code in Pascal or C++)

What do you guys think about writing code on paper in exams? Do you have it this way too?

>on paper
Ahaaahaa
Top Kekā„¢

>pascal
(Top Kek)2

become a compiler and git gud m8

Lasa-te de scoala si fa freelancing

Why? I think it's the easiest language to understand because of his basic keywords (begin, end instead of {} etc)

>Why?
Becouse you will not be able to find a job?

Exactly the same thing in Brazil. Romania truly is 3rd world shitfest like us

Tell me that you use windows for education lmao

It's only the graduation exam come on. I don't have a problem with other languages but if they will teach programming here only in C++ I will kek at the stupid hoes not understanding a word.

Someone not able to learn any programming language in the span of two weeks deserves the title of code artisan. Congrats Pajeet.

We have pirated windows on the school PC's :)

>Pascal
just fuck my shit up, senpai

Why not linux?

>Education
>Paper
>Pascal
>Exam
No, it's a bullshit, I bet your teachers can't code, only fuck your brain.

My teacher can't code better than me, I'm serious, he's a math teacher.

Because the system sucks. You fucking have office on linux too. But oh well, I bet my teacher can not even install an OS.

Gymnasiums in Croatia are the same. I didn't mind it.

, I .

>programming
>math
Same shit in russia, lmao.
They teaches you how to do a bullshit.
Find a real job and work, join to open-source projects, that's how it works.

Thanks for being a piece of shit, Android. Anyways, here in hueland our exams are on paper, but our projects are properly coded.
>u teaters no programminz ::D
Most of them are doctors with published papers and murican phd(since national PhD programs are worth nothing)

Got my CS degree in Sweden and we had that too

Honestly better way than having it on the computer where idiots can just get by with trial-and-error

Also we had our LISP exams on paper

>On paper
But why you SHOULD do it on paper?
>trial and error
This is how it works.

In Germany
we had to compile C code to x86 Assembly or Motorola 68000 on paper in an exam. We were free to choose between the 2 ISAs.
We also had to read Assembly and "decompile" it to C, on paper.
We were allowed to bring a paper reference.

Easy peasy, difficulty 1/10 compared to theoretical computer science and abstract algebra.

ive never seen a programming gypsy before

Im loving this "one can only learn a maximum of one language" meme

Best test of your understanding of the material. You have to understand what you want to do, and why.

Pretty much the same experience as I had over in UK. Well except that we weren't allowed to bring any references.

Pussies can't get over coding on paper. Sure its cumbersome and makes your solution messy if you want to say add a line above certain statement or refactor but it forces you to think about your solution instead of recompiling hundreds of times until you debug your shit and get it working.
Man up and stop whining.

In the US I do it on paper too