Just a reminder that the Dell XPS 13 is the greatest laptop ever created

Just a reminder that the Dell XPS 13 is the greatest laptop ever created.

Ok?

Glad we got that sorted.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/262658224087?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> coil whine
> auto brightness

enjoy!

>weighs more than a kilo
>greatest laptop
I take it you're autistic, never leave your home and don't really need to carry a laptop around anyways.

I bought a brand new Kaby Lake model a couple of weeks back and could not believe I just paid $1900 AUD for a machine that had so much coil whine I could hear it two meters away. Everything else was impressive but that noise was so irritating it was back in the box later that day. Thank god Dells return policy is fairly good.

I still don't understand how they could not have fixed it by now. New Thinkpad X1 is on the way. Hopefully modern Lenovo is a little better by now.

That thing looks fragile as fuck

>ctrl fn
In to the trash

>no physical touchpad buttons
Throw it over the wall into Mexico.

It's built like a brick actually. Leave your basement and head over to Best Buy for more info.

Reminder to get Panasonic Let's Notes for maximum lightness, toughness and battery life in a laptop.

>Baiting this hard

its lighter than a MBP

1 kilo too heavy for you? Hahahh, what a faggot.

Are you completely retarded?

Or do you just hate symmetry?

I have one. It has the worst keyboard I ever used. The battery life is half of what they advertised. The high resolution screen is a waste of money. Don't fall for the meme like I did.

>not the xps 15 with the gpu

>its lighter than a really heavy paperweight

oh shit

Fix the high res and make it act as a normal 1600x900 by editing the values in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\SHP144A0_1E_07DF_CC^308AEBB00B16BB169DBCDF562C399811\00\00

change 3200 to 1600s and 1800s to 900s

No more shitty windows blurry font rendering and scaling!

Got the kaby lake refresh, it's working great.
Probably the comfiest laptop I've used.

I've been thinking of getting one as well, yet I don't want to buy something that whines.

Is the coil whine complains a meme?

>I can't bear the load of an entire kilo
Maybe you should start lifting you twinky lanky dick.

TFW dell want's $1400 for the version with 4gb of ram, $1600 for the touch screen version.

Being Canadian is suffering :(

oh shit

>gave my mother one in 2015

it's never had coil whine or make any noise. The real tragedy was getting my dad a lenovo y50 with its shit trackpad

That rubbery carbon texture is so disgusting.

I got the Dell XPS 15 with the 4k touch screen and a 960M for $1000 a week ago, I fucking dig this laptop.

haven't heard it in a quiet room or typed on it , but that screen is fucking gorgeous for sure

>no clit mouse
>best laptop ever

Are you retarded?

>Windows machine
>greatest laptop
>webcam pointing at your nostrils
>a tonne of minor things wrong with it

Even with moderate background noise the whining is so high pitched it drives you fucking nuts. At least do some research before buying the 13. The super fast SSD doesn't really improve boot times that much since the bios takes a fucking month to load. Honestly fuck Dell.

>13
enjoy your astigmatism

What the heck is cool whine?

That sucks, not in the market for a new laptop anyway.

Nah, I'm good, not really interested in a $1000 laptop

Super Good laptop, yes.

Greatest ever created? LOL ... no.

>Dell XPS 13
What about it is worth that much money

the sound made by the coils cooling the internals

Anyone ever pot coils in epoxy to dampen whine? Just curious. I don't own anything with whine or I'd experiment then poast results.

how'd you swing such a low price, refurb?

How is it, really?
Thinking about getting the low end model with the i3 and 4 gigs of ram
Is it good for the price?

Yes, Refurbished.

ebay.com/itm/262658224087?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Even as a refurb, I can't find a single thing wrong with it, everything works perfectly.

>the sound made by the coils cooling the internals
>the coils cooling the internals

did it show signs of wear and tear for you? Clean trackpad, keyboard?

where is the camera?

I was thinking in terms of a desktop, like one of these, my bad. Something like this here.

amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/

>>Windows machine

That is not what causes coil whine. Google it, newfriend.

Just a reminder that the Dell XPS 13 will never beat the macbook

Ok?

this
and keyboard looks like shit

oh shit

xD jkz x33

trackpad is shit

always starts fucking up and I have to restart

>he cant afford antialiasing

b-but blingee was made f-for niggers....

Great now justify me owning a laptop

I can use computer while lying on bed
I can take it to lan parties with ease
I can take it with me when traveling

I can use my phone in bed
I don't go to lan parties and I don't even think they still exist
I don't travel

Typing anything on phone is a pain though.
I can type whole papers while lying on sofa.

I graduated years ago I no longer type papers

i wonder why it's so cheap

bottom left

>He thinks people only type to write papers.
I need a keyboard, especially when shitposting. Shitposting on a phone is okay, but on a laptop it's on another level. Plus, you can multitask better on a laptop.

Still not giving me a reason to get a laptop if you have a use great I still see no reason for me to have one

>Greatest laptop
>Chiclet keyboard

I'm not trying to convince you. You obviously don't have a need for one.

>Dell XPS 13
16:9 is cancer

>>Dell XPS 13
>16:9 is cancer
Your entire life is cancer. dafuq you need 1:1.2937294729374 or 9001:0.38373923747383 for anyway?

16:10 was much better for notebooks, moron

You can't watch movies in that aspect ratio and most games are also designed for 16:9

>watch movies
>play games

Once you WORK with 16:10, youll know what i mean

And winner of the most predictable response goes to you a word processor and notepad can both run in any aspect ratio

>word
>notepad

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

What other work are you doing other than programming or righting reports?

Yes 16:9 gives you more horizontal work area than 8:5.. what's your point?

Using your retarded logic of course.

Is there a big difference between the i5-7200U and i7-7500U?

i7-7500U-(i5-7200U)
cancel the i and U
7-7500-(5-7200)
-7493-(-7195)
the i5 is better by 298, room temperature in kelvin.

You cant give me a reason to have a desktop either. What is the point of this discussion?

about;
1MB of cache
200-400MHz Core
50MHz GPU

>WORK
>on a 13" laptop screen
Well meme'd friendo. Nobody would be that stupid. There are external screens for a reason. If you just do something really quick while on the move it doesn't matter if it's 16:9 or 16:10.

>I have no idea what the fuck a transformer is

did they ever fix the auto brightness issue? Does it come with Windows 10 Pro? A computer that doesn't come with full disk encryption support out of the box is not a computer you should trust your personal data with..

Got the kaby lake i5 qhd a few days ago, there's no coil whine on mine but after literally two days of use the taskbar is burned into the screen. Also had shitty thermal paste, cpu was 10°f cooler after replacing it

The autobrightness(CABC) can only be disabled on the 3200x1600 models, it's a panel firmware update utility you can download from dell. It comes with 10 home and the upgrade to pro is either $30 or $60 usd.

meant 3200x1800, whoops

W T F

No coil whine on mine, but I might have been lucky. From what I've read, you can ask for replacement if there's whining.

No autobrightness on mine, and I've got a 1080p screen. Maybe it was only on older generations?

I went to the store and touched the rubber finish on the palm rest.

It was not good

>rubber

it's carbon fiber

No signs of wear and tear at all actually! It still smelled new. Honestly, I was pretty amazed, I could not tell this was used before.

I don't know why it's so cheap to be honest. I ordered it because the seller has a buttload of positive feedback on ebay, but I spent the entire 4 days worried that I was getting ripped off while it shipped, but needless to say, pic related.

RAM and SSD are both upgradeable in this model too. Being the 4k touch screen, however; you do lose the second HDD tray in favor of more battery.

The screen is fucking amazing too, it looks REALLY good, however; this user is right about the BIOS. For some reason, the BIOS screen takes FOREVER to go through. Other than that, no coil whine (might not be on the 15 at all)

What's that model?
btw can you upload the wallpaper looks really nice.

Its the Dell XPS 15 - 9550 w/ 256GB SSD, 4K Touch Screen, Core i5, 960M GTX, the eBay page I bought it from is here linked here Attached is the wallpaper.

Thanks, might get one for uni.

I'd buy it if I had the money.
So I have to stick with my used T420