What programming language should I learn if I just generally like programming?

What programming language should I learn if I just generally like programming?

Haskell.

X86 Assembly.
ARM Assembly

python

Are you retarded? He just likes programming, python has to simple syntax to enjoy it. Rust/Haskell/Assembler.

somebody already recommended Assembly, you've lost the edgy games.

Maybe Ruby. The creator of the language claims that it's made to be convenient to use.

Java

What do you like to program?

java still feels fun

Standard ML, Common Lisp, Coq

Brainfuck, C, PHP, SQL, VIM

Paint, Adobe Flash, Windows Movie Maker

>Paint
i thought they discontinued that one. i was thinking about re writing it in BASIC

Definately Scheme (SICP yay). To have batteries included (scheme is kinda minimalistic) Racket is a really nice language.
Also, I'm a big fan of Haskell which you could try, it's a purely functional language (no side-affects like assignment or IO in the normal sense).

I myself use Python to really do useful stuff. Racket is at least as powerful but I'm having a harder time using it so I don't use it as much. Purely (hah) for fun and experimentation I use Haskell. I feel like Haskell is really the best language right now, but it's so different from other languages that you kinda have to relearn everything. When I started with python, having used java a lot, I understood everything almost immediatly. But when I started with Haskell after having done many different languages for 5 years, I felt like a noob again.

You forgot html

Microsoft Word and Excel.

Javascript

Good old C, and/or C++.

Ruby

slide threaad

perl

Which version of BASIC?

wtf is this shit

It's a Haskell program.

This, it's a beautiful language

There's a great online book called "Learn You A Haskell For Great Good" (not even kidding, it's written with bad grammar like that). Get to it OP.

First line is importing a module, which is like importing classes in Java.

Second line is the main function's signature, which is IO

Third line is the main function itself, which puts the string "hello world" into the IO buffer.

Python. It's a really easy language to do nothing useful in.

C++ as a start
Haskell for entry into FP
Asm if you can find a book for it

MUMPS or M.

What if I told you to store everything in global arrays? And your business logic and database are the same thing?

And no one will hire you? Sounds fun!

lisp

>nothing useful

Explain.

kek

first line is declaring a module, not importing one

C

Python if you don't have the patience for C, C is more difficult/efficient/rewarding

he should be learning MIPS assembly

how does ine "like" programing? ive tried so hard to like it but for me its just an means to an end. i like the stuff i end up with , but programming is just so god damned boring. I would rather read a book about programming then actually do it.

HTML

python

You should learn Lisp.

I would recommend z80 assembly, it's more fun and usable in todays market