Goodbye, AM3+

After four years, it is time to say goodbye.

I am sorry, Vishera. RIP.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/10802/desktop-kaby-lakes-lineup-base-frequencies-chipset-names
nonfree.pizza
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're finally getting filtered for this shitty thread.

Thanks.

Feedback welcome.

It needed to happen 6 months ago honestly.

Buying such an outdated platform in 2016 is just not a good idea, the chipset is just so old and the features offered by the motherboards pale in comparison to decent intel offerings.

I hope Zen can help AMD out, but we have to wait a few more months before we see that.

>I hope Zen can help AMD out
So do I, but it is November and we do not have a release date yet.

>I3

We were told 3-6 months ago it wasn't happening for the desktop space until Q1 2017 anyway, so its not a surprise at all. It hasn't been slated for Q4 2016 for almost a year.

another autistic tripfag

DUMB FROGPOSTER

?? How long have you been here?

We are a month away from Q1 2017. Realistically speaking, AMD might not launch in Q1.

Sure from the start of Q1, Q1 doesn't end until March 31st however. They have time.

anandtech.com/show/10802/desktop-kaby-lakes-lineup-base-frequencies-chipset-names

You should replace the outdated Skylake with Kaby Lake launching in January

Triggered are we, MADcuck?

In January when they release, he will.

No point putting it up now since you can't buy it.

As is always the case with computers, there is always something new on the horizon. Wait if you don't need to upgrade now, but if you do need to upgrade. Just get whatever is best at the time. Which right this second is the 6600k and 6700k.

I want to use your website but your javascript is nonfree. Can you please open-source it? Good documentation is on the libre-JS page @ GNU.org

I think your site looks very interesting for building a freedom-respecting PC.

>your javascript is nonfree
What can I say? I am a filthy capitalist at heart. Sorry rms, but pizza needs to be ordered.

All it takes is a file edit
C'mon man just put it under MIT or something please.

I just call the pizza place, i swear.

>moving to dual core
the most disappointing thread of this month

He's saying fuck you he wants to sell it.

Better single-threaded performance though!

How can I sell javascript code?

What do you think about upcoming kaby lake hyperthreaded pentiums and unlocked i3? 7th Gen iGPU HD 620 also doesn't look shabby for entry level

Also pic related

I think they're implying that you want to sell Logical Increments, and releasing the JS as FOSS would complicate that.

From what I read, the performance difference will be negligible. Not that Intel needs it, being so far ahead.

I was talking about the site in general, not the code specifically.

>Even less AMD CPUs in there
Fucking shill.

Just kidding of course, fucking AMD step up your game please. This is just embarrassing.

I would not want to sell the site. It is my baby.

Interesting. A proper K i3? Price is very high though, close to low-end i5.

>Price is very high though
It's only $50 more than the lowest locked i3, that's not that bad if it can hit 4.6Ghz+

>From what I read, the performance difference will be negligible.
Kaby Lake Pentiums should perform very similar to Skylake i3s no? Hyperthreaded and same clocks

They might be good machines used for single thread apps

where is this chart from?

It's linked in the Sup Forums sticky
Logical increments.

What took you so fucking long to take it off?

reverse searched it but no results came up. thank you user.

Wasn't this Falcon tripfaggot caught shilling specific brands for his Falcon guide?

Or are most of you guys too new to know that? Do your own research.

GO BACK TO Sup Forums FROGS ARE WELCOME HERE YOU KEK.

>Do your own research
>Wasn't this Falcon tripfaggot ... ?

Cheap, decent quality 1151 boards took some time to be available in a large enough selection.

Fair enough.

I cannot deny that I only put AMD and Intel CPUs in there. Also, only DDR3 and DDR4 RAM, nothing else.

I bet you only put AMD and Nvidia GPUs

fucking industry shill

Holy wow, how did you find out? I tried so hard to keep that a secret!

>replacing an 8320 with an i3
>quality list

For any games that rely on less than 4 threads the i3 preforms better.

Also much newer platform that can be upgraded to an i5 or i7 later if needed.

rbt
>For any games that rely on less than 4 threads

>buying new hardware for old software
>games
>buying new cpu, later on, for deprecated platform

>mfw

why dont you kids go back to ?

>>buying new cpu, later on, for deprecated platform
>>mfw
Yet you're advocating for buying an already outdated platform with no upgrade potential and several years old peripheral I/O. With single core performance essentially half of what you'd get with a current year intel.

Wew lad

>buying a cheaper, older platform, that provides better performance on newer applications, is wrong because when you update you have to update all of it
>just like the newer, costlier, alternative from the other camp
muh single core games
>Wew lad

Justice for VIA

It's not about games when talking about single core. MOST applications are built for 1-2 cores, some 4 cores. Professional applications can scale well beyond 4 but the VAST majority of programs the average person will be running use less than 4 threads.

Hell gaming is one of the few areas having more than 4 cores actually becomes noticeable because at least most AAA games from the past few years are threaded for up to 8 cores at least.

Keep shilling your shitty site. Be grateful you can leach from this board and other places to have some exposure. I was a little neutral with you several years ago, but seeing your trip in unrelated discussion made me hate you.

>games
Found the manchild.

Seconding this.

Good job, I'll delete the "outdated" remarks in the PCBG thread opener

Give me a game and I'll donate.

this was a long time coming. vishera was garbage unless you invested money into a good motherboard (that can deliver >1.4v without throttling) and cooling, and even once at 5ghz you only got the single thread perf equivalent to a nehalem chip.

seriously though who else is /pumped for zen/

Goodbye and good riddance!

>MOST applications are built for 1-2 cores
[citation needed]
>you won't because you have 0 (zero) programming experience
>inb4 some lame quote from a normie website to back up claims

And can't even read properly, but, somehow, still thinks his """""opinion""""" matters

>mfw normies and Sup Forumschildren might believe the info on that MS Word table is of value

Thank God I'm upgrading to an i7 6700o
K on Friday now falcon would I be well serviced sticking with my 780 or should I start making the leap to 1080?

Kek

>i3 6100
>2 cores, 4 threads
>2 cores in 2016
>Thinks that moving to a dual core is a worthy investment
>Not waiting for Zen or buying an i5
Wew lad

>investment

Stop lying to yourself you are not investing when you buy PC parts just calling it buying you pretentious twat

Start moving towards a 1070 instead it's a better deal than the 1080

I already know the 1070 will disappoint me when I get a 4k monitor

Weirdly enough, now is finally the time that the FX cpus are becoming relevant again due to the higher thread count and games moving to become better threaded. I wouldn't recommend a dual core or an FX for gaming unless they want to replace the system relatively soon.

Piece of shit intel shill

So will the 1080. You're kidding yourself if you think the 1080 can manage 4k but the 1070 can't.

i5 4460 on an lga 1150 board is a better valu

I have seen the bench marks the show the 1080 squashing the 1070

I still have a phenom x4

nonfree.pizza

and neither will give you great 4k performance, sorry but no single card will

i3's being 150-200 retail is a big nope.

>switch to Canadian currency
>$955 tier
>i3
fuck this country

/thread
no reason to upgrade, the market is stagnent and AIDs ridden.
hurr durr rebrand, rebrand, rebrand, lets through in a price hike while we're at it, couple more rebrands, and still nothing new or of value is on the market

>you'll never be able to buy a $180 gpu capable of maxing out every game at 1080p ever again.

be grateful your currency is being propped up by the U.S, otherwise it'd be like venezuala.
this is what happens when sack of shit islamic state faggots sell stolen oil for pennies.
idk why nobody has set their oil feilds on fire again, the economic damage is fucking awfull for more than a few countries.

Buying a 1070 over a 1080 is admitting you are a pussy and not suited for anyone who is powerful

>someone took time the make this

and paid for hosting

>hosting
No, just the name.

>sticking with my 780 or should I start making the leap to 1080?
Depends on what you are playing. If you are mostly doing Dota 2 and WoW, then the 780 is still a great card. If you want to play Witcher 3 on 1440p at near max settings, then an upgrade is in order.

My 560 Ti passed away a couple of months ago, after 5 years of faithful service. I only upgraded after it was gone.

So the answer is yes cause Witcher 3 is a game I would love to max out

well a single GTX 1080 can't touch witcher 3 ultra at 4k without stuttering down to 30fps.

>game released in 2015
>top of the line 1016 card can't max it

Your not even a good shill just get a normal job

It's a fucking fact you dumb nigger, just look up reviews.

Look at that, with hairworks disabled TWO GTX 1080's barely to keep things above 60fps.

Turn hairworks on and that falls below 60fps.

And look, a single GTX 1080 is sub 50fps.

Stupid prick

And yet a single 1080 still eats the 1070s lunch you are not doing a very good job convincing me to not get the 1080 why is this even a concern of yours

>yet a single 1080 still eats the 1070s lunch
10fps when both are under 50fps wow, amazing.

And look at 1440p both get 60fps+ on average.

cheapest GTX 1070 is ~$390
cheapest GTX 1080 is ~$590

So a roughly 50% increase in cost, for ~10-20% performance

I mean, it's your money, but the math don't make sense.

And what will I do with the money I "save" buy more delivery food and get fat again? I'd rather be running at 80 on average than 60

My point is turn the settings down so it runs on whatever you have and buy the 1070 because it makes the most economic sense for the performance you will gain.

Set aside the money and buy the GTX 1170 when it comes out if you want.

I just don't see the point in spending $600 on a GPU that is only going to get at BEST a 20% advantage (and generally closer to 10-15%) over the GPU that costs 33% less.

Spend the money on literally anything else, retirement, another monitor, sex toys.

>turn the settings down

No Fuck that I will not be limited I already went 10 rounds with my isps about data caps and got them to not implement them in my area limits and having limits is a bad thing no one ever got anywhere my being limited

you're on a GTX 960 right now, going to either the GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 will feel the same to you because both are going to be massive upgrades, however the difference between the 1070 and 1080 is fairly minimal.

I will just leave this here...

No I'm on a gtx 780 I only upgrade every other generation or so so spending 600 every 3 or 4 years isn't a big deal to me at all

>6100
Just buy the fucking 8320 and a 212 and call it a day, clock the fucker to 4.7 and sim sa la bim you're cooking

What I did and I haven't looked back

Should I clock my 8320 up for the last week I have it in use or will it spoil the experience of the 6700k?

>a single GTX 1080 can't touch witcher 3 ultra at 4k without stuttering down to 30fps.
I did say "near max settings". Turn a couple of things down from "Ultra" to "High" and you can get 60FPS on 4K.

It's because of arguments like this I want software that makes a game out of having the user guess how many fps a segment of video is running at. I bet most people can't tell the difference between 50fps and 60fps, if the only difference is the fps (so quality is identical). It'd be even harder to notice the difference between 90 vs 120.

Then you should wait a little longer for 1080 ti.
I honestly doubt you would even notice the difference between 60 frames and 80 frames. I further doubt you would notice the difference between ultra on a modern game and high on a modern game, given what card you're coming from.

But do whatever you want famalam, it is your money as you pointed out.

The pentiums performing similarly clock for clock is an intriguing proposition. If they are close enough, the top end pentium would completely undermine the 7100, though. Wonder if they're going to lock down the cpus even harder, though. If overclocking is possible it presents an extremely tantalizing budget system. At 70$ for the cheapest pentium.