The meme is real

The meme is real.

youtube.com/watch?v=ObzRBPwbHKE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gR0u8Ic2i6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is an intriguiging computing concept that I hope gets developed further. In the box is a laptop dock along with two compute modules - both powered by Atom X5 Z-8350 Cherry Trail processors with 2 gigs of RAM and 32GB of storage. Both have full Windows licenses too.

What am I looking at? What the fuck is this thread even supposed to be about?

youtube.com/watch?v=gR0u8Ic2i6M

Sorry, wrong youtube video.

I'd buy the shit out of that!

I sure hope they offer a OS-less version so you don't have to overpay for two Windows licenses

>16:9
uh oh! laptop discarded

Even though I'm not particularly interested in this product, I strongly support more modular design concepts in mobile devices.

Fuck off autismpad.
No way to replace the eMMC, it's trash.

Manufactures can get a Windows license for free on weak devices.

MS don't want Android to win this market segment.

Pretty cool. They need to work on the design of the laptop part. The screen and trackpad could be improved a lot.

What's the point of having 2 modules ?

Why can't we just do this with our cell phones?

why can't someone create an empty shell of a laptop that I can just hook up to my desktop with wires for bedposting instead of this useless shit.

I think once wireless display technology gets better, this concept will take off. You carry the compute module with you all the time and basically just connect to screens when you want. Your phone would just be a screen, and when you turn the screen on it connects to your compute module, when you sit down at your desk/laptop/pay terminal/refrigerator/television/ sun glasses. It's the future, anons.

We can, look up "the superbook"

Yea, ok, that's shit though.

Of course it is

There's no reason it has to be.

Fuck your Norwegian shit

And you still need to charge it which makes it worse than just connecting normally

So it's a laptop but worse. Sign me up

Do you charge your phone every time you take it out of your pocket? I charge mine at night, don't be so fucking obtuse user. Plus it's the future, so it would get a trickle charge from movement.

it will be shit until smartphones get an HDMI port witch will be made possible by USB type c
And look up "Gentoo RAP"

No, it'll be shit until you can get a legitimate docking connector onto phones.

Fucking love the concept, but with the mobile processors.. I cant bring myself to bother.
let me bring my 6700k on the go, and Id buy the shit out of it.

Right now it doesn't look any better then a chrome-book. But with improvement, to everything it can be viable.

Computers are trivially cheap, so I don't need a notebook with a swappable "computer" to use on something else.

If I want to swap OS hard discs, I can use a Thinkpad with a drive caddy, and another Thinkpad or Thinkpad in a dock which fits that caddy, and swap drives easily that way. Linux gives no fucks about boot drive swapping.

A notebook body and a desktop dock system which takes smartphones would be handy as phone ergonomics extenders though, but again isn't even close to critical. My phone sits in a RAM holder next to my bluetooth keyboard, but I don't usually connect it to a monitor since no need.

I hope the future will be more like renting some computing power along with some cloud space and having all your devices be just empty shells. Seems viable if Internet coverage gets better.

you can also just use any old pc or laptop and run linux as a bootable os from a usb flash drive, just plug it in and turn it on