I am attending a 2 hour talk tomorrow by Bjarne Stroustrup titled

I am attending a 2 hour talk tomorrow by Bjarne Stroustrup titled

>What C++ is and what it will become

what questions should I ask Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /I_did_it_for_you_all
stroustrup.com/Myths-final.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you need to ask us what questions to ask, you should not be asking questions.

Why do you like putting your feet up on desks?

ask him why c is still superior to c++ and why hasn't kys'ed himself

ask him if he even lifts

What does he think of Rust, Swift, Nim? (elegance, robustness) If you know something about C++ ask him if polymorphism of generics can be fixed. What buildsystem does he use for large projects.) What does he think of pragma extensions like openMP.

Many thanks in advance!

This dubs.

ask him why the FSF is so shit

Ask him why he doesn't just buzz his hair?

This

Also what's the deal with that undecidable grammar.

What does he think about the modern parts if the STL causing C++ to be a less convenient java rather than a more convenient C?

Ask him how it's possible for a language in 2016 to not support file system IO.

Ask him if there is a language that he considers a successor of C++, maybe C#, maybe D?

Ask him why anyone would use C++ instead of Python with C modules.

Shieet, I also go to AU.

When are we getting an alternative S-expression-based syntax?

FPBP

This

Ask what c++ is

ask him why c++ is the leading cause of baldness

Do you think it's reasonable to expect people to use a language they couldn't write a compiler for? Are you happy with how C++ turned out?

Ask him why he thinks it's necessary to keep adding more features to a language that already has too many.
And how he thinks that will improve anything.

Ask him if it's possible to create a new pointer type using typeof and strings in the manner:

int lvlsOfIndirection = 4;
string var = (typeof T var)
while( lvlsOfIndirection-- > 0 )
var += "*";

I'm trying to keep a binomial heap running under a single strategy with no hiccups in the optimization at compile time.

change:

int lvlsOfIndirection = nextInt();

Where is this talk being held?

C++ is still missing support for base shit like filesystem operations

I
"If structs existed, what was the need for classes?"

did you fucking try doing that?

Ask him if he plans on deprecated C++ in favor and Rust.

When will C++ support algebraic data types?

You can write one on your own.

Interviewer: I have to say, I’m beginning to be quite appalled at all this. You say you did it to raise programmers' salaries? That’s obscene..
Stroustrup: Not really. Everyone has a choice. I didn’t expect the thing to get so much out of hand. Anyway, I basically succeeded. C++ is dying off now, but programmers still get high salaries - especially those poor devils who have to maintain all this crap. You do realise, it’s impossible to maintain a large C++ software module if you didn’t actually write it?
Interviewer: How come?
Stroustrup: You are out of touch, aren’t you? Remember the typedef?
Interviewer: Yes, of course..
Stroustrup: Remember how long it took to grope through the header files only to find that ‘RoofRaised’ was a double precision number? Well, imagine how long it takes to find all the implicit typedefs in all the Classes in a major project..
Interviewer: So how do you reckon you’ve succeeded?
Stroustrup: Remember the length of the average-sized ‘C’ project? About 6 months. Not nearly long enough for a guy with a wife and kids to earn enough to have a decent standard of living. Take the same project, design it in C++ and what do you get? I’ll tell you. One to two years. Isn’t that great? All that job security, just through one mistake of judgment. And another thing. The universities haven’t been teaching ‘C’ for such a long time, there’s now a shortage of decent ‘C’ programmers. Especially those who know anything about Unix systems programming. How many guys would know what to do with ‘malloc’, when they’ve used ‘new’ all these years - and never bothered to check the return code. In fact, most C++ programmers throw away their return codes. Whatever happened to good ol' ‘-1’? At least you knew you had an error, without bogging the thing down in all that ‘throw’ ‘catch’ ‘try’ stuff..

>harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /I_did_it_for_you_all

Ask him why this board is so fucking retarded.

ask him if he wants to butt-fuck you after the talk. he looks like he'd be up to that kind of shit.

I think class enums as well as the variant and optional types coming in C++17 cover most of the practial use cases.

Ask if he knows the joke with the nigger with Alzheimer

Aarhus university, Denmark

looks like trolling java

>c superior to c++

Yeah, and hand cranked windows are better than automated windows. This is why companies don't hire anyone over 25

Interviews that never happened

>Be OP
>Try to be generous and give Sup Forums a platform to speak to their mind to an influential man in the field of computers
>The first post of your thread is some condescending cunt

Fuck off from earth you spastic dick-muncher.

>doesn't know c or c++
fuck off you chai latte drinking cuckold

or you know... unions

I never said I didn't know them, retard. Learn to read.

Why does C++ try to do everything?

Unions aren't memory safe.

ask him what is C++ and what will it become

Should also add that they aren't typesafe, either. If you add generics, destructors and a safe API to C unions you eventually end up with boost::variant, which will find its way into the standard in some form or another soon.

Ask him if he visits Sup Forums

stroustrup.com/Myths-final.pdf

Fucking Dadcoders

He can't Fizz it.

this

if he does, how much and when did he start

Can you ask if Solus is his daily OS driver?

Ask is Benjamin Franklin ever called for his hairstyle back.

Ask him what an object is

His pdf doesn't address the undecidable grammar. It also glosses over the fact that most of C++'s "user-friendly" features are a leaky abstraction-- hence the 5-page compiler error messages and the 500 clicks to single-step through "i++" in a for-loop in your debugger.

upvoted

Rust and for example Scala also create horrible error messages. For C++ switch to libc++ instead of stdc++.

Haha, surely BS invented the quality of the programmer's life itself.

He does if he knows anything about computers.

Yeah agreed.

Install Solus

>or you know... unions

Communist spotted.