Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Pro tip: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-E5550-Notebook-Review.131834.0.html
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T460-Core-i5-FHD-Notebook-Review.164879.0.html
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X260-Core-i7-FHD-Subnotebook-Review.166601.0.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

On a Lenovo laptop?

The screen pretty much always.

Even if the screen isn't just genuinely shit Lenovo have the worst LED backlighting and the PWM is often at like 200hz which is WAY too low and manually upping this comes with its own issues.

Fucking chinkshit idiots

>find a flaw
Your thread
sage

wangblows.

Why you have to worry about screen in laptop? This thing not made for movies.

>ULV CPU
>no real GPU option
>no TB, or at least EC

American botnet in the OS
Chinese botnet in the BIOS
The Thinkpad logo on the lid is upside down.

>GPU in 12-inch laptop

>babby's first laptop

THIS. if you want a thinkpad get a real one and install GNU/Linux on it. it's not very powerful, so you'll need a GNU/Linux server as well so you can SSH into it

fugg, forgot pic

What is this disgusting dinosaur laptop doing here? Ewwwww

$15 were deposited to your itunes account

chiclet
16:9
6 row keyboard
lacks some FN utility of earlier models for no reason.

>T60p
>2006
>1600x1200 IPS
>comfy CCFL backlight doesn't hurt the eyes even after a ten-hour workday under constant harsh LED lights
This was even a Lelnovo machine, what went so fucking wrong that they had such a bad transition to LED?

The software and BIOS/BIOS.

Is low PWM still an issue if the screen is always set to maximum brightness?

How can chinkpads even compete?

Dell is shit

As is Lelnovo, sadly.

>Grand Theft Auto V
yeah fuckin right

Hi-end thikpads are still good

Because low PWM rapes your eyes and tires them out and if you're sensitive which a surprising amount of people are it makes them unusable unless you want a headache after two minutes

Not to mention for the price you pay for a new thinkpad they should come with fairly decent screens anyway ignoring the PWM issue. Not made for movies? Sure. I'd still like some non retarded viewing angles.

They go by some retarded study regarding PWM that was done with CCFL and was only about "what makes a picture not look like a fuzzy mess when still to the human eye or some shit" and not "what is the minimum hz that isn't literally eye raping"

PWM often stops at maximum brightness. Not always. It depends. 99% of the time PWM is a non issue at 100%

There are also some other issues regarding LED backlighting in most laptops like the spectrum being a bit too harsh on the blue for some people etc.

Lenovo just need to stop skimping on screens and fix their PWM regardless.

Do you know if Dell Latitude laptops are better as far as PWM goes? I was 99% sure I'll get a used ThinkPad, but then I learnt about the PWM issue.

I am concerned about this because it would be my only machine, no external monitors or anything, and it would be used for many hours daily.

Windows 10.

>botnet meme
gtfo

PWM isn't a big issue for a lot of people desu most people are able to "comfortably" use a low PWM screen that's why they still make eye raping laptops.

Latitudes are just as bad unfortunately.

You can force a higher PWM but that can come with its own problems such as a high pitch noise but you might be fine around 500hz and not hear anything that annoys you. It all depends.

That fugly red clitoris, I mean does seriously somebody use it when he has touchpad available ?
Also, that native windows shit, I am not a linux fag, but for fuck sake,
>Frozen Free Fall
in promo shoot picture ?
Really ?

>ITT: iCucker makes everyone mad

Trackpoint is useful as fuck. You dont need to get hands off keyboard while typing. Trackpad is only for scrolling

But it is so slow or too fast, nothing in between, plus you loose that rubber thingy and you are done. (saw it happen only once, but still)
Also, I am not really capable to move mouse and type at the same time, so personally for me it is pointless.
Bu ok, I get your point, guess I am not such a big hardcore user as I thought :/

The speed changes depending on how hard you press.
Imagine a console analog stick but instead of travel it registers pressure.

As for the unlikely event of losing it, the nibs can be had for $1 a piece on Amazon.

>that touchpad
how the fuck am i meant to navigate and click at the same time?

Windows 10

fucking apple ruins everything

The XPS 15 offers a GTX 960M which should easily play GTA V

Unlike chinkpads, the XPS 15 comes with a 45W Skylake quadcore and a GTX 960M.

I have the X260 and its pretty gud, much comfier than my X220.

Just missing a second sodimm and nvme

>second sodimm
What.
Doesn't it need a second dimm for dual channel?

> he can't put his desired OS on his laptop
Lol macfags

Solus isn't installed on it by default

I want a thinkpad, but my exposure to the computer was something I only associated with teachers. Every teacher in my high school had a thinkpad. That's how I originally saw the thinkpad, a teacher computer. Now I see it as a neckbeard autist computer, thanks Sup Forums, so I might get one.

It's not a t430

It has acer build quality for MacBook money

Bring back the old keyboard. The new keyboard is crap.

ctrl and fn keys in the wrong spot. huge fuckin flaw

>Lenovo
Done.

Three words.

Forgotten BIOS password.

>shitty key travel compared to 14 inch models
>no touchpad buttons
>shitty rear hinges instead of top hinges, preventing battery from extending out the back
>ULV which means awful throttling and not much better benchmark scores than the fucking X230

I find it's the opposite. I don't know why anyone would use a touchpad with the thinkclit available.

Only in layout. The typing feel is actually better than the T400-T420 era. (On the T460 that is, the X series uses awful key travel since X240 for some reason)

You can swap them in BIOS.

>Windows 10
>Lenovo
>Laptop
There's three things right there.

my x41t is great tho

~13 hours battery life with a backplate battery

the key travel in every lenovo chiclet keyboard is still shorter and with a worse actuation.
The 00-20 series WAS better, you've just lost touch because all the other keyboards out there are even worse. Don't even get me started on IBM-era keyboards

Superfish, or whatever the hell Lenovo's proprietary malware is. Also, Windows.

I have a UXGA T60p and while the screen is absolutely gorgeous, the colours are very warm due to aged CCFL. It's much nicer to use than LED monitors, but I wouldn't dare use it as a reference for colour accuracy.
It's very unfortunate that the backlight can't be easily replaced.

Never affected their business class laptops.

Man, I wish some company still made CCFL backlit laptops and monitors.

Niche market? Sure

They'd have their market cornered though and would make a lot of money. A tonne of people are sensitive as fuck to LED backlighting and it's generally more comfy to use anyway.

>ven if the screen isn't just genuinely shit Lenovo have the worst LED backlighting and the PWM is often at like 200hz which is WAY too low and manually upping this comes with its own issues.

>own a t540p because you're an idiot
>was promised a 1080p IPS display
>TN-panel has such shitty viewing angles that you can't use most editors' dark themes without constantly adjusting your viewing angle
>display produces unsettling noises in quiet environments
>speakers make fucking annoying hiss

But apart from that this thing is actually pretty great. Sturdy, good keyboard and great to carry around.

What even is the point? These things (referring to laptops in general here) aren't even equipped to properly handle the heat put out by these components, and will just burn themselves out in a year or two.

Speaking from experience here, got a Sony Vaio back in 2010 that packed quite a bit of punch for the time, but after a couple years of regular use, it degraded to the point where now it can't even handle 720p video playback without shutting itself off.

>inb4 clean it
Cleaned it several times, replaced the cooling unit and applied my own thermal paste in place of the stuff the new cooling unit came with. I see no returning it to its former glory, short of gutting it into a desktop case and strapping water coolers to the cpu and gpu. At which point I might as well just build a damn desktop.

All the while the desktop I'm actually using right now, which I got from a friend and is just as old as the laptop (if not slightly older) not only still works just fine, but also blows it out of the water performance-wise just by being a desktop.

>tldr: I thought gaming/performance laptops were a nice thing to have until I actually had one. Now I see no point because they can't handle their own power.

>lenovo

>acer build quality
t.non sexyxps owner

Is there any word on when to expect the 2016/17 refresh of these?
The 9550 is over a year old by now.
Does Intel even have quad core Kaby Lake ready yet?

>sexy
>bad macbook ripoff

16:9, 12inch,
chiclet keys,
probably garbage-tier TN panel (if it's IPS, then in best lenovo traditions 50% of adobeRGB).

Oh and did I mention, it's lenovo laptop? (with all the spyware implications)

This is way to easy.

2014 HP Omen here. Never above 95c as long as it's elevated for intake. Aluminum body/dual pipes FTW

>Make laptops great again

2006 T60p with 1600x1200 IPS, was the peak of mobile computing.

I'd kill for the same thing with modern specs and ports, maybe some weight chipped off, everything else left intact. The ultimate laptop.

It has Windows 10 on it.

Less battery life than x250.
1 Ram slot

Basically the screen is the only flaw in any lenovo laptop. Otherwise, they're fucking perfection

it´s tenkeyless

>Find a flaw.
Keyboard layout.

>200 nits brightness panel
>flickering and grid, play lottery for meh LG or horrible chink

Dell Latitude with Samsung Panel
>better
>every
>fucking
>day

Keyboard isn't standard size.

That's really my only complaint, but for me it makes it unusable because I can't switch between two keyboard sizes.

Which Latitude model are you referring to?

>the screen is the only flaw in any lenovo laptop.

My T460p screen is awesome.

shit keyboard layout and stupid fan control

E5550 and E5570

the brightness and contrast, its really something else when you see it

notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-E5550-Notebook-Review.131834.0.html

Do these come with dedicated GPUs or only integrated?

only integrated, its a bussines notebook
not for gaming
inspiron and xps from Dell are for retarded gamers who cant wait till they come how to their desktop

Lenovo offers 3 screen options for the X260:

>12.5" HD (1366 x 768) TN, 200 nits
>12.5" HD (1366 x 768) IPS, 300 nits
>12.5" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, 300 nits

I haven't seen an X260 irl yet, but the X250's FHD screen was very good.

You don't cheap out on a Thinkpad.

go find me T460/t560 with that panel

here is T460 FHD
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T460-Core-i5-FHD-Notebook-Review.164879.0.html

terrible all around

but yeah, seems great
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X260-Core-i7-FHD-Subnotebook-Review.166601.0.html

T460s or T460p
It will be QHD instead of FHD, but that only makes sense given the bigger screen area.

iirc even the L460 has one?

For some weird reason Lenovo decided to gimp the T460, which is a huge shame because it does serve a niche for having a better battery configuration than both the "s" and the "p".

Aren't they exaggerating the bigness differences?

"nits" is a linear scale, right?
So the difference between a "terrible" 230 and an "average" 265 is only 0.15 ev - hardly noticeable.

I can assure you that the difference between 200 and 300 nits is absolutely huge
and I am not talking about some direct sun light
just regular office setting during a day

Literally install gentoo.

I mean it.

Install linux on that bad boy and see what you can get out of it. Its not like those windows exclusives will run on it as it is anyway.

>16:9
>shit screen
>no top of the line processor
>no decent discrete graphics
>thick as fuck but somehow half the battery capacity of top of the line competitors
yeah nah

pretty much the best keyboard on a notebook you can get though, and the trackpad is passable

It's still just 0.5ev, right?
By comparison the difference between a sunny and a cloudy day is 2ev.

According to Wikipedia televisions can go to 1000 nits.
That's way too bright for close viewing in an office of course.
But go outside and you need closer to 10.000 nits.

Find an actual flaw
protip: only retards neglect installing a new OS when buying laptops

> no bottom mouse touchpad buttons
> no expresscard
> no thunderbolt
> no latch to lock the lid

OP is a fag.
Shit keyboard, last good one was on T420
Shit hinges, seriously chinks?
Newer docks are retardedly priced.
I miss Touchpad buttons aswell, they came in handy seimtimes when I was using the laptop in retarded ways.

Probably using a hard disk, running windows 10. You're going to get rekt.

Chiclet
6 row keyboard.
lacks some FN utility of earlier models

ouch

It's boring.