/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News
Rumored specs for the OnePlus 4 surface again: dual cameras, 4000mAh battery and up to 8GB of RAM
phonearena.com/news/Rumored-specs-for-the-OnePlus-4-surface-again-dual-cameras-4000mAh-battery-and-up-to-8GB-of-RAM_id87712

BlackBerry CEO confirms a device with a physical keyboard is in the works
gsmarena.com/blackberry_ceo_confirms_a_device_with_a_physical_keyboard_is_in_the_works-news-21591.php

New report says Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus will come with 5.7" and 6.2" bezel-less displays
gsmarena.com/new_report_says_samsung_has_decided_to_enlarge_galaxy_s8s_display_to_lure_galaxy_note_customers-news-21537.php

Oneplus: "T-7: The @Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (2.35GHz) is coming your way. Find out more on November 15."
twitter.com/oneplus/status/796049807609622528 (embed) (embed) (embed)

Xiaomi unveils Redmi 4A, Redmi 4 Standard, and Redmi 4 Prime
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_unveils_redmi_4a_redmi_4_standard_and_redmi_4_prime-news-21458.php

LeEco Le X850 with Snapdragon 821 SoC, QHD display, and 16MP front camera clears TENAA
gsmarena.com/leeco_le_x850_with_qhd_display_16mp_front_camera_and_3900mah_battery_clears_tenaa-news-21408.php

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/how-to/nougat-beta-g935fedge-password-links-t3497078
amazon.com/Moto-Plus-4th-Gen-Unlocked/dp/B01DZJFYLC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Moto G4 ($200) or Moto X Pure ($250)?

>4000 mah battery

Damn, the O+4 sounds like a must buy

4000mah is pretty much the standard on chink phones these days.

>New report says Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus will come with 5.7" and 6.2" bezel-less displays
NO! This can't be happening!! They were supposed to release a cheap, over-specced phone to win back trust and marketshare!! Not a fancy fashionphone that will obviously be very expensive! It's not fair bros!!!!!

The battery is shit on both of them so you're better off with the G4.
But if you don't care about the battery life then go with the Moto X Pure.

Can the nougat beta be flashed on the Canadian s7 edge without root?

They still obtain the marketshare. It's the "innovation" of the bezel-trend.
>It's not fair bros!!!!!
Samsung never really was fair in the first place.

Oneplus 3T announcement tomorrow. Do you think it will be shit?

CM 14 camera or Google Camera on RN3P?

They are just slowly releasing it. There is no country specific version.

forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/how-to/nougat-beta-g935fedge-password-links-t3497078

Use FreeDCam it's far more customizable.

What did AT&T mean by this?

They don't give a shit anymore.

Just bought a 2016 gear vr for 50 bucks hope it's not a meme

I've read from users there that flashing the rom roots the device and trips knox, which I'm trying to avoid. New to this, so not sure what to believe.

I did [pic related] to my 5S a couple days ago.

Smart phone recs please?

I am on AT&T. The only apps I really use are google maps, spotify and surfing the internet. I don't need a great camera and I don't play any games on my phone. Pretty much that. Looking to spend no more than $300. Is there a better phone out there or should I just repair the screen for like $40.

Doesn't matter, camera will stay shit.

Help! My wife's son stole my old phone and sold it for crack money, I need a new one ASAP!

>Country
USA
>Carrier
Any, switching carriers soon.
>Features
Durable, doesn't have to be a mil-spec phone, good camera, comfy, long battery life, preferably not retarded /tabletsize/ phone
>Budget
~$250
(not willing to go over unless REALLY enticed)
>Size
Not xbox hueg

>~$250
Moto G4 Plus.

amazon.com/Moto-Plus-4th-Gen-Unlocked/dp/B01DZJFYLC

Get a $10 kit off eBay and stop whining.
Or take it to the Asian guy/chick in that arcade off the main drag. $20.

Yeah, the camera on the RN3P is of medium quality, but hey!

RN3P

This doesn't get LTE in burgerland though does it?

>preferably not retarded /tabletsize/ phone
>Not xbox hueg

>waahhh my tiny baby hands
Your problem manlet.

>my hands are so small i have never been able to use a phone one-handed regardless of size. i therefore have no regard for screen-size apart from maximizing it for chinese cartoon enjoyment

I just pulled the trigger on a $300 Note 4.

Wanted larger screen because I think it makes more sense to take a superior screen for no conceivable downside, wanted quad HD, wanted removable battery, wanted micro SD.

How dumb am I?

he was quoting my post hereyou mongoloid fuck

but have fun on the memestreamer x10Z pro laptop hueg edition* looking like one of those retarded niggers who carry laptops/tablets everywhere

*tm

>thins 5.5" screens are big
Cry more, dumb underage handlet.

>Released 2014, October
>Snapdragon 805
Super dumb. sudoko yourself.

I don't play video games.

>not denying the one-handed accusation

You can stop replying now

I can use 5.7" phones with one hand easily.

Not my fault you have tiny baby hands. KYS.

any good qwerty smartphones?

>lying on the internet
>buying a 5.7" phone

I can't decide which is worse

Unless of course you have convinced yourself that changing your grip to reach diferent corners of the screen qualifies as "easy" in an attempt to convince yourself you are a big boy

no
and who knows if the next blackberry will be good

my G4 is shitting on me right now. Screen is completely unresponsive and safe-booting/restarting doesn't help.

Looking for alternatives now, are there any other phones besides LG that has buttons on the back? (And preferably less than 400$)

I could purchase another G4 but it would be my 3rd one.

Which of these would you go for?
>mi5 64gb
About 315$
>mi5s
About 325$
>Honor 8
About 340$

>buttons on the back

Mi5s>Honor 8>Mi5.

>400 max
>must work internationally, deploying to sandbox shortly
>2k is unlikely but 1080p is a must
>ui that isn't shit tier

I have a blu studio 5 right now, anything is an upgrade

are you harambe

OP3.

>my wife's son sold my old phone for crack
OMFG I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THIS SHIT AYDUABSUAHSUSU

>USA
>I'm okay with any of the major carriers, Sprint and Verizon are the best for my areas though
>Would prefer an above average camera. Also will need to be durable or have a cheap, but amazing case like the LOVE MEI series. Currently have an SIII, anything better than its current 14hour battery life would be nice.
>Able to spend 150USD on it right now. It's okay if it includes contract terms with or without that.

Would like to make the purchase on or around black friday sales.

So I guess HTC had some sort of pre-black Friday sale on the 10.

What deals are out there ON black Friday? Or Cyber Monday? Or fucking whatever Tuesday?

Dunno. I'm the guy above you and just starting to look into them now. Bestbuy seems to have the LG V20 that'll come with a 200USD bestbuy gift card and some 150USD earbuds. But the terms say it started 10/14, so you can do this now.

Verizon looks like they have the S7 and Google Pixel for 10USD a month instead of 28USD a month for a contract cost.

>have dual sim phone
>working perfectly
>install CM13
>work perfectly
>after a few months, starts going really slow
>reinstall the ROM, completely clean
>suddenly no network data
>can call, send and receive messages, but no internet
>wifi works fine
>install CM14
>same
>go to SIM settings
>choose my SIM card in ''preferred SIM for data''
>data starts working fine
>reboot
>problem comes back, but the ''prefered SIM for data'' option is grayed out
>go to phone state > state
>says mobile network is disconnected
>IMEI SV (not IMEI, IMEI SV) is 00

Can someone tell me what's going on?
Some issue regarding the dual SIM thing?

What phone do you have ?

Redmi Note 3 Pro

Ok, thanks

Blacklist the time I so your wife's son gets in shit with a sketchy dude. Post results

Wasn't there this guide posted about redmi note 3 and data after flashing? Pretty sure I've seen it around.

>he fell for the "chinkshit is good" meme

Don't know about that, but up until now I never had a problem with data.

>tfw there is no modern equivalent of the nexus 5
REEEEEEEEE!!!

If waterproofness is a requirement I have, is the Moto G still the cheapest option?

CM14 is better unless it completely supports the Camera2 API, which it doesn't
Even when it supports it most camera apps are better than Google's, but Google's has current fads and is easy to use
Depends on your carrier, normal RN3P (Kenzo) supports B2 and B4, RN3P special edition (Kate) supports B20, B2 and B4, which are the main bands american carriers use
check willmyphonework
Yeah, but note that only the MotoG3 is IP68 certified, the MotoG4 is not (ie. Moto G 2016)

Anyone using the Nougat beta on Samsung?

Thanks. Though that's the Moto X Play on the right, it's also only water-resistant rather than waterproof.

Yuropoor, in need of a good smartphone

>Stock Android or close to stock experience
>lcd screen preferably, don't want ghosting or any AMOLED related issues
>good audio experience
>acceptable camera, need good pics from a distance for university stuff
>expandable storage is much to ask?

Also what would be the best place to get suggested phone? Enlighten me Sup Forums. Free me from darkness

So the LG V20 apparently sold 200k units in 10 days in the US

Is that a success? A flop?

How do the sales numbers compare to other Android flagships?

Is it too much to ask for a cheap chinkphone with Snapdragon 82x and a msd slot?

Nexus 5X
Moto G4 Plus
yes

Don't know, but Best Buy is having a promo for them now. 200USD giftcard giving in another smart phone. And you get a 150USD pair of ear buds in the mail in 4-6 weeks or something like that. Looks like the promo was backdated so the people that bought them some odd week ago get it too and lasts until the 20th.

5x is pretty solid, any alternative as for a metal body? Feels cleaner

Sup Forums bros is the axon 7 only a meme or is it really a good phone?

Guys, I want to buy a case for my RN3P.

It's an "international version", and it seems it's 2mm bigger than the chink version, but on ali and others they're just labelled "redmi note 3 pro". How do I know if it'll fit?

Any of you upgrading their phone and have no use for the old one? I really need one, mine died after 3 years of use and I don't have the cash to buy another one, won't go into detail but if you want the whole story just tell me. [email protected]

sent ;)

Well having contacted a few vendors, they're not, and apparently, there's like only 2 cases for the international aka "special" version, and they're both fucking garbage.

Honor 8 experiences lag and random freezes throughout the day. It's hit or miss, is that because it's not using a Snapdragon processor? I ordered an HTC10 via Swappa because it's so bad and will be returning this asap. Otherwise brilliant phone, camera(s) on back are solid.

Had the same issue. I think the alternative names for that version are "Kate" instead of Kenzo and "Special Edition". Try searching for those terms. Otherwise I could only find those cheap clear plastic cases were pretty much SOL. Check the Ali stores

I think for LG those are good numbers. The top Android phone for the year S7 Edge sold just shy of 14 mil YTD.

When is the OP3T gonna be presented?
Isn't it today?

For 80-90 bucks more, I demand a greater battery capacity resulting in better battery life, better camera and more storage.

Regarding display I am not to sure, needs a review first.

AMOLEDs have great colours, but OP uses a pentile matrix display, which is too grainy.

guys, a dindu asked me to get him that shit called IEvade.
what do?

Thanks user but I already fapped twice.

Tomorrow.

21 hours ago they posted a tweet saying 2 more days.

> "I have mongoloid hands."

> "I have sissy hands."

Joke's on you, I'd rather be a retard than suck dicks.

is the Honor 7 Lite any good? or are there better choices for that price point
i need a somewhat cheap smartphone and that one is being recommended in a tech forum in my country

MIUI 8
>it just werks

> unlimited data for 30 shekels

You forgot to read the part where you only get 1 gb of fast data but the rest will be 2g.

Go with the right choice, and do straight talk.

Hey does anyone with a moto g4 have overheating issues? Looking around it seems to be the best budget phone with CDMA bands, but I'm wondering if bad the snapdragon 617 temps get. I don't really play games or record video and those seem to be the two biggest problems for it.

Thanks

It overheats when playing heavy games or doing intensive stuff like F@H or BOINC, otherwise it stays cool

>With a body made from glass
Why must they make phones so fragile.

When do you think they will even start shipping them? I think I'm going to need a new phone for this year and may just buy original 3.

It's replacing it, no more OP3.

P9 lite>Honor 7 lite.

P9 Lite is 100€ more than Honor 7 lite

Well the specs are the same, P9 lite is only lighter and weighs less. although it has a 3GB RAM version, not sure about the honor.

My Z1 compact is starting to crap out on me. Should I stick with Sony, or get something else?

So I have a G5, and quit literally out of the blue while using it, it develops screen burn. Like theres bleed over from apps that I was just on.

I love this phone and done wanna get rid of it, so is there any way that this will go away? Or will I have to get a warranty replacement?

>It's replacing it, no more OP3.
But what does that even matter for people who bought OP3 like 4 weeks ago without ever hearing of 3T.

What does Sup Forums think of buying used/refurbished phones? Anyone have experience with this? I was thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy s6 used i think I can get one around $240 verizon version.

What case and screen protector should I get for my s7 edge?

Why are LG G phones such unprecedented garbage in every way concievable? As if that wasn't enough, they decided the bad design will somehow make it better?