OBSOLETE TECHNOLOGY

What's been obsoleted/deprecated recently?

I'll start.

What's wrong with it?

Javascript

it's analog garbage. plus due to its barrel design, it causes interference and noise as soon as you touch it.

the escape key?

>fastest growing language
>literally the most popular lang in the world
stay edgy, kid

This fucking thing! Why the fuck do computers come with that weak-ass shit? It can't even do modern monitors. And it's analog.

There are no alternatives though

>micro usb not durable enough for wire in pocket, even if it was desktop PCs don't have microusb ports
>lightning doesn't even work properly (needs replacing 24/7), again only found on phones

Usb type C probably will replace it though

if your computer comes with any of these ports, it's time to upgrade that antiquated piece of shit. seriously. it's 2016 (almost 2017!). also, upgrade that Windows XP OS while you're at it.

>muh digital audio

Good luck feeding a pure digital signal to a speaker

apple has innovated once again and shown the world we don't need an escape key.

down with walls. down with borders. down with locks. down with oppression. no more escape key bringing us down.

>There are no alternatives though
come on now. there's lightning and USB-C. there's actually headphones out right now that use either of these.

and they sound GREAT! and they don't have noise issues like 3.5mm audio jack.

my current year x99 motherboard came with a hybird ps/2 port. i use it for my keyboard current year mechanical keyboard.

99% of vim users have remapped fucking USELESS Caps Lock to Esc.
no big loss.

>noise issue
you must be challenged.

Won't go away until something actually better is made, even if a few retarded manufacturers take it away. The fact that adapters to get it back are common shows that people aren't ready to give it up.

Bluetooth? Harder to unplug from one device and attach to another, and comes disconnected on its own now and then.

WTF is wrong with using analog for analog signals? It doesn't matter if the DAC is in your phone or in your headphones, it has to be made into analog before it goes into your ear. And putting the DAC in the headphones only serves to make the headphones more expensive by duplicating a component you'd only need to buy once if it was in the phone.

And no it doesn't get interference when wiggled unless your jack is broken.

>noise issue
What?

>you have to change your work flow because apple said so
why did they remove it again? oh yeah an emoji touch bar was more important than a standard key used by millions for decades. jee thanks crapple.

...and then cry while I laugh maniacally when you run into some USB driver issue and have no way to attach any input device to fix your problem.

The new Macbook: There is no escape.

>fastest growing virus vector
>literally the most popular virus vector in the world
eat shit

anyone remember this?

Ayoooo

Physical keyboards are obsolete.

Dozens of times a day. Are you some kind of mouse babby?

Esc key is very useful once you start learning where it is active.

but you don't have to. you still have a touch based Esc there all the time. you can also buy a new Mac with an esc key. Quit making mountains out of molehills.

ps: and why do you care so much? you'll never even buy a Mac anyway.

The top of the line workstations sold by the big 3 vendors all have ps/2 ports.

>my current year x99 motherboard came with a hybird ps/2 port.
what a waste.

>i use it for my keyboard current year mechanical keyboard.
PS/2 is total shit for keyboards. you can't even make 4 key combos.

there's a reason why that antiquated shit was dropped by every keyboard manufacturer.

>analog garbage

just go back to plebbit

Really don't have much of a reason to exist now (just the printer portion anyway).

This has not happened to me in well over a decade.

>Screenshot of a photo
If you can transfer a screenshot, you can transfer the photo itself. Fucking do it right. This is just spastic.

n-key rollover

>PS/2 is total shit for keyboards. you can't even make 4 key combos.
You got that backward m80. PS/2 is the one that can support N-key rollover without special drivers. USB is limited to 6 unless your keyboard requires a driver beyond the generic HID one.

WTF is this for? It has four conductors.

Welcome to Windows 10.

Happened to me a couple weeks ago. Luckily it was on a laptop so I had the builtin keyboard and touchpad attached over internal PS/2.

>it's a missing aux jack argument

Left channel, right channel, microphone, ground

Stereo audio plus mono microphone. Every smartphone that has a headphone jack uses this, and it's becoming common on laptops as well.

>he likes wasting precious cpu cycles on his mouse and keyboard

EAT SHIT FAGGOT

Thanks.

My shit data wont let 900kb or 1mb pics go through

Resize, or lower the resolution when taking the photo.

Alternatively it can transmit video instead of microphone.

Speaking of which, it was fun trying to hunt for a correct length cable for my Cyclone media player.

The long one will work on anything, it'll just stick out about an mm on some devices. The short one was designed by a jackass.

>he only uses real gaming(TM) input devices with non-deprecated(r) ports
Good for you.

It's been 2 months when are you going to fucking quit this meme.