Are there any games out there that are autistic enough for approval from Sup Forums?

are there any games out there that are autistic enough for approval from Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

roice3.org/magictile/
users.skynet.be/moz071262/Applets/Magic Polyhedra/
pastebin.com/Vv5LGae5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

darf fart and some other autismal shit probably

TIS-100?

Doom 1 and 2

Aurora 4x

Factorio?

I still haven't been able to crack this one. I've probably got something like 2-3k hours in dwarf fort, but the learning curve for a4x is more like a learning cliff.

I love coming across all of the lazy design, though, and all of the passive aggressive messages embedded in the game by the designer. that guy's fucking autistic.

Playing the game isn't that hard. Building a space ship to go fight stuff that isn't a waste of time and money is hard.

I once saw a job offering for a software development position that listed "NetHack ascension" as a bonus requirement.

www.the-reincarnation.com

Browser text maths management competition autism

Even some higher apes can play Doom 1 and 2

Closed source plebs
You tried. Not as good as pic related though.

>Quake
>intellectually challenging

Openttd

Yup, Factorio is awesome.

saw this and felt an immediate need to go play dwarf fortress again.

>He's never played quake
Literally half the game is outwitting your opponent and map control. You have to be able to think about both your position and your opponents posible position at all times.
pic related: the goat map

Insurgency

Ascendancy. Im not autistic enough for most 4x games but this one is quite nice.

Devs released it for IOS but you can even play it on your non pleb phones since it runs on dosbox.

that's what all well-designed FPS games are about, but it's FPS games don't really fit Sup Forums too well.

funnily enough the only games I play are dwarf fortress, AoEII, insurgency and day of infamy. you should get DoI if you haven't, yet. better than insurgency imo.

I've been trying to get into a 4x game, aurora is pretty impenetrable for me so far though. is ascendancy worth checking into?

>FPS games don't really fit Sup Forums too well.
Why do you think that technology = strategy or 4x games?

it's not that they aren't technology, it's a cultural thing. strategy games and management simulators require a higher, more developed level of autism than run n gun shooters. repetitively making threads arguing over keyboard button mechanics and using micromanagement operating systems also requires this developed form of autism.

also, a lot of popular FPS games have compatibility issues with linux.

Don't you ever call my baby a "run n gun shooter" ever again.
You don't think playing a 17 year old FPS from a defunct sub-genre is autistic? Quake is /the/ autism FPS in terms of keyboard button mapping. I (and lots of other people) use esdf to move so as to bind qwa to different weapons. I also use space to shoot and right click to jump.

Really?! The answer is Life. It's the ONLY Sup Forums approved game.

r8 my implementation

pretty archaic dude. you're right, you sure are hip for playing doom 4 or whatever it is you're on about.

you know they make mouses with more than a couple of buttons these days, right? you can hotkey all kinds of shit to your mouse and not have to deal with all of that nonsense.

My vote goes to Gemcraft Labyrinth, Chapter 0, Chasing Shadows
Pure, sheer endless TD autism

>doom 4
Hey, no need to strawman just because you don't have a response
>using some ugly, heavy as fuck, soverpriced gaymer mouse
No thanks.
The mouse is for aiming, I don't want to have to click buttons on it while I'm shooting, that's stupid.

Come back when you've ascended in NetHack.

why would you change weapons while shooting?

All the time. For example, a pretty staple combo:
Rocket to juggle them
Lightning pinning them to the wall or slowing their descent
Rails for the final burst damage (since switching from LG is instant in cpma because it doesn't reload)

having a 20 button mouse would make this more efficient.

The Ur-Quan Masters?

20 button mouses aren't designed for FPSs. They're heavier and usually have imperfect sensors.
Ideally you're wanting to minimize the overlap between pressing buttons on the mouse while aiming. Having to hit some tiny button which is 1/20 of the mouse is counter-productive in this regard.

hey just because you're too unskilled to use one doesn't make them bad. having more options makes them objectively better, really.

Arma 3

>military sandbox
>looks good
>outstanding mod support
>devs who give a shit
>only occasionally is bullshit

My man!

>tfw no more cpma servers in Australia
Might host one on a raspberry pi desu

what is the worst consumerism game
because Sup Forums is all about tech support and spending big wads of money for the newest shit

Download link?

Overwatch, probably. I don't play it, but it's super popular and I hear people have to buy something sort of like a pack of cards to get skin content. I think CS:GO and TF2 might work like that too. anything where you pay money to get random skin-related stuff.

tales of maj'eyal
openttd
openciv
0 A.D.
openra
ufo alien invasion
open imperium galactica

i like openttd and dcss and they seem pretty autistic imo.

Super Tux

dienworlds is simple as shit, you can learn the rules in 5 minutes.
I still haven't found a way to stay profitable unless i roll until i get non-shit houses

MagicTile
roice3.org/magictile/

Virtual Magic Polyhedra
users.skynet.be/moz071262/Applets/Magic Polyhedra/

I thought it was casual at first, I played TTD back in the day and it felt so simple.

Then I watched with horror into the depths of railroad autism.

pastebin.com/Vv5LGae5

A Sup Forums approved game should be
-free libre open source
-something you brag about playing rather than something you actually want to play ("not like I play it anyway, because games are for manchildren")
-should look to the layman normie like advanced hacking (consider even the name: "nethack")

Chess

How is cellular automata a game? :^|

Make your own

Angband

GLAD THAT YOU ASKED OP

>Grandroids

Literally the work of a mad genius. Have a look at Steve Grand dev log:

>11/19/2015 The devil’s in the detail, they say. Getting the imagination and decision-making process right is proving very hard on the nerves. Lots of asynchronous signals flowing up and down a graph structure, with different meanings according to context, and resonating/interacting with each other and with two kinds of neural networks on the way.

If he completes it it'll be the most advanced AI ever made for a video game. None other game listed ITT even come close to the complexity of Grandroids.