Firefox is too slow for me

I don't know if it's because of Google or firefox but youtube videos are too choppy for me in full screen, scrolling youtube comments too.

Gmail is also choppy, and sometimes scrolling big threads on Sup Forums.

I love firefox but I need a good alternative.

Are Vivaldi/Opera any good? What else is there?

Other urls found in this thread:

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dragit/bnmedfjfiggbacggokfddhocaignedbk?hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>click "Help"
>Troubleshooting information
>Refresh Firefox

There, I solved your problem.

>remove all add ons and restore default settings

no thanks mate

If your combination of addons results in an inferior performance and 'choppy' user experience, you have the opportunity to:
>a) try the same behavior on literally any other web browser and in time feel like shit again, or
>b) stop using unnecessary shit that bogs down your browser

Your call, mate

I have like 7 addons on firefox and they're all minor shit like mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts for bookmarks

I'm trying Opera right now and it's 100000000000000 times smoother

I'm using Opera developer and it does indeed run smoother on my laptop. Just saying that some addons can and usually do create a conflict and the browser shits itself.

Good for ya, OP.

Try upgrading your 10 year old chinkpad

I have an r9 290 and 8 core cpu

Youre wiling to change browser but cant let go chamged settings in fox

Persobaly i just export bookmarks to a new profile and reinstal addons. Takes 3 minutes

Opera is just chromium nowadays

fox is slightly shit at videos. And some google servives make fox javascript go crazy indeed.
But not gmail

And Sup Forums is light as shit (with blockers ofc) idk whats ur doing

or you can try safe mode which disables them temporarily...

I just tried with no addons (safemode) and scrolling still feels worse, both regular scrolling and dragging

It's noticable on pages with a lot of shit going on like the catalog page

I'm using a Phenom II @ 3.8GHz and a GTX480 without the problems you're having. Something odd is going on there. Are you sure you didn't accidentally install some mining malware?

Yeah

Is it just as smooth for you when scrolling in the catalog at firefox vs edge(or anything else)?

Vivaldi is decent. It's a step up from FF anyway.

What do you use?

I try out a bit of everything. My main go to browser was Pale Moon, but that is starting to have a lot of compatibility issues on some sites. So now I am using Vivaldi as my main browser.

After seeing I can basically get a mouse gesture for every single thing on vivaldi (unlike opera), and it has ublock origin, and tons of options with tab management, I don't see a reason to use firefox anymore.

I wasn't even using greasemonkey anymore aside from for Sup Forums

Vivaldi can use tampermonkey which is basically the same as grease monkey anyway, so you can still use 4chanX and OneeChan or whatever.

Have you idiots noticed that the dev of firefox has taken a halt and they stuck at 50.11 beta for a while?

>mfw edge is a better browser

Is there a way to make the scrollbar darker/customize it? only thing I can't find

Install "Just a scroll bar" from the chrome store and set it to dark.

+ for Vivaldi
It's the best of chrome browsers.

UNGOOGLED-CHROMIUM MUSTARD RACE

Shit I just realized I'm missing something else

Is there any chrome addon for drag and drop searching? Like if I drag any phrase and drop it it opens a new tab with it

Opera also has free inbuilt VPN, great for people outside the US wanting to watch restricted YouTube videos

Does vivaldi not?

Just highlight it and right click it.

No thanks too slow, anyway I found it chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dragit/bnmedfjfiggbacggokfddhocaignedbk?hl=en

Do you use anything that turns url text links into actual links?

nvm I just changed it in the native Sup Forums extension

over 200 lawyers work full-time at mozilla, thank you for your donation ...

??????????????????

>windows

There's your problem

Why even consider closed source browsers

microsoft aple gogle are one thing but specificaly a browser i would use a closed src from some random dev

(Eell its not like ive actualy used from.any of those 3)

Because I am not paranoid enough to care about some random guy.

Opera is the master race.

use brave

i moved from Firefox to Opera and have been enjoying it so far
especially the VPN so I can watch youtube videos not available in my country

>2016
>not using a Chromium based browser

OP here, I started using vivaldi now and loving it

tried opera but I didn't like not being able to customize mouse gestures

people actually use mouse gestures?

How does their "free" VPN work? How can they afford it without selling user data? If its the same method as hola then in to the trash it goes.

i don't know, i just use it whenever i can't access a website because of country restrictions

>What else is there?

Any number of Firefox forks, specifically ones that remove bloated features you're not likely to use.

Pale Moon doesn't give me any issues with rendering times.

I would want to know if I were you. You dont have to be using the VPN for them to be selling your info.

i don't see what info they're selling that would be useful

GPU acceleration issues maybe? This is how my Arch GNU+Linux ThinkPad works before the "get gpu working again" weekend sessions.

Yeah, it's faster and more efficient

DON'T WATCH YOUTUBE IN YOUR WEB BROWSER YOU TOOL. USE A 3RD PARTY APPLICATION (I use Baka BT player because it can speed up playback, and avoid the boredom that is caused by watching videos at 1x speed)

THERE IS AN ADDON CALLED "OPEN WITH" - USE IT

why the fuck?

Why the fuck what?

Microsoft Edge doesn't have this problem.