Just spilled some water on my new rig. How fucked am i?

Just spilled some water on my new rig. How fucked am i?

let it dry for a couple days

it depends

was it running when you fucked up?

if not, wait until it dries then try again

Yeah it was running. It shut itself down and i yanked the power cord.

Turn it on, the heat will evaporate the water.

It's fine you fucking idiot, haven't you ever heard of water cooling??? Jfc.

Why is your power supply upside down ?

I didn't even notice until now.

>what is aerodynamics?
u fucking stupid bitch

>power supply aerodynamics
I keked.

It wasn't your fault, OP. Come here and let me tell you something about computers.

You see, Billy, when a computer is born, it prides itself on it's components and it's management. Your computer... your computer was sad. It wished that it could hide that OEM heatsink and 3rd world cable management, but with that excessive case for your midrange parts being shown off through all those vents and probably a side window as well, the embarrassment was just too much. Your computer did what it felt it needed to do. It set up that scenario. It created the event in which water would spill into it and set it free.

Let it go, son. Just, take it out back and give it a proper burial.

Also, let it dry a day or two before turning it back on, and it may be OK. If you're lucky, some sort of surge or short protection kicked in and shut it off.

Ok, i guess its time to bury her in the backyard. There doesn't seem to be any damage but ill wait and see.

use a hair dryer u fuck

There is a good chance your motherboard is fucked but the rest should be fine. Don't plug it in again until it is completely dry. I would suggest using a hair dryer. Disassemble the whole thing and put it back together. to make sure not water got behind the mobo tray or the CPU socket or anything.

put it in a hot car for a few days and then try it out it may work just fine

Disassemble everything as far as you can (heatsinks off the motherboard etc.) and immerse everything in 99% isopropyl alcohol, then let them dry for a day or two.
You need to replace all thermal pads & compound.

If you spilled some in your power supply, get a new one. Trying to disassemble one can kill you if you don't know what you're doing.

>Trying to disassemble one can kill you if you don't know what you're doing.

Can confirm. I died twice doing this.

Put it in a sack of rice for two nights.

How the fuck did you spill water in your computer?

worthless fucking gook

Will also confirm. It killed me. I am currently in the afterlife.

Kitty litter is better than rice. More absorbent.

its fucked, brah

RIP

>years ago
>find motherboard half buried in sand on the riverbank
>has ram so I grabbed it
>once home, notice battery in backward
>clean thoroughly with garden hose
>final rinse with DISTILLED water
>dry a couple days
Supprisingly, even the processor fan was still good Used that mobo for at least 2 years.

Rinse with distilled or alcohol to remove residue or minerals.
Powered though, you'll just have to rinse, dry and test.

How did you manage to spill water on it?

what kind of nigger goes around using thrown away pc hardware? fucking poor scum.

Do you dumpster dive as well?

>If you spilled some in your power supply, get a new one. Trying to disassemble one can kill you if you don't know what you're doing.
I suggest you stop smashing the PSU against your head until you die. Literally the only way to die if its unplugged. (You could also choke to death if you try to eat it I guess)

You're totally right.
Now go start a pc. Open the psu and touch the 2 pieces of metal under the largest cilinder you can find in there.

Don't forget to post results.

If it's just clear water, just unplug it from mains immediately and let it dry out. On the other hand, if it contains sugar or some other shit which makes it both sitcky and electrically transducive, well...

Why are you literally trying to coerce him into possibly killing himself? Didn't the legendary triforce story teach you that people may actually unironically follow the most unreasonable shit suggested to them?

I happened to spill a liter of Sprite in my computer a while back. The fans went nuts (much, much faster than they were supposed to spin) and I yanked the power cord out as fast as I could. I immediately tore the computer apart and cleaned each component a few times with 99% rubbing alcohol, cotton swabs, and some Q Tips. I let it sit for a couple of days, put it back together, and it started right up (after RMAing the motherboard and PSU, which were toast).

>How fucked am i?
as fucked as a person with an IQ of 27 can be

Reason number #2 why I don't keep my shit on floor or under the desk.

First rig. Have a shitty desk and computer sits on the floor to the left. The top of my case has a place to put in extra fans. Playing battlefield and glass of water i had fell right over. Dripped a small ammount into the case. Its on the motherboard and graphics card.

Slot of people do that. Or go to recycling centers. Nothing wrong with it at all. In fact some of the best builds if ever seen performance wise have been Frankensteins. Use to be how most of were built

>he fell for le rig meme

Pull it apart, let the components dry, clean as necessary, wait a few days put it back together

it will be fine if you're patient

>what are capacitors

I rather wondered what kind of nigger buries a motherboard in sand on a riverbank.

You wanna try it out? I'd rather not. Opening PSUs or CRTs and touching random stuff inside can literally get you killed. High charges can reside within components for months.

rig

Putting a computer together from random spare parts was satisfying.
Youngfags don't know the challenge of finding drivers and getting a CD working from dos to install stuff.

Now days it's just legos, and let the OS take care of it.

Found the short. How fucked am i?

haha rip in piece

>single channel ram

>C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images.jpg

Try harder.

>rig

Does this work or is it just a meme? My brother did the same thing when his phone fell into the pool.

Using a hairdryer will cause a static discharge you idiot.

Had this happen to me about 5 years ago. Everything was wasted except for the HDDs and the processor and psu.

Capacitors in consumer PSU are small and discharge very quickly.

You should just mail me your PC, I'll fix it for you mate.

sprite doesn't even have caffeine what are you Bronze V

The new macbook doesn't have this problem

RIP user, it's ogre.

this is super wrong. you wrong.

but don't fucking use a hairdryer on yer computer guts because you'll fucking melt them you goof. ;)

Its amd, it was trash anyway

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR RAM user.

FIX THAT SHIT NOW

Can't wash the poo.

Quality shitpost

It's thermodynamics and fluid mechanics, you silly goose.

fuk you kek

how to spill water in my unit?
literally how

this is what you get for not putting your ram in properly

Meme. Unless you take the back of your phone off

>erp ready

Stick it in a big bag of rice and let it sit for a day or two, it will asorb all the moisture and your board should work fine unless you've shorted something.

>amd
>2010 + 6
What year is this? 2010?

stfu faggot

Are you that faggot that posted a spilled coffee powder on a laptop hours ago?

A hair dryer isn't going to melt annything. It doesn't get hot enough.

No, im more of an idiot. Thing is probably dead.