Clear AESTHETICS

Will they ever come back?
Is there a laptop that has it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Jz2W_o9AdQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump for interest. those imacs back in the 90's really were quite fun.

no bec noone wants to see ugly chinese components through a yellowed transparent plastic

No because normies are scared of visible tech.

Tech only has to work.

Clear laptop would not be very interesting... The back of the LCD panel is just a sheet of aluminum.

Nice clock you got there

The sad truth is that circuit boards are getting more boring with with ongoing integration. They just have fewer and fewer components.

And what about translucent keyboard and body?

Compare this PS4 mainboard with a PS2 mainboard

This, plus EM shielding.

A laptop? No, not since Hackers...

Why won't the major fashion designers release special edition clear clothing, with women being the main focus?

Clear top, clear pants, clear undergarments... etc.

Or maybe just make a big one or two piece transparent outfit with proper support built-in, rendering undergarments obsolete?

I think the aesthetic body features of a woman are far more interesting than the clothes that cover them. Why hide all the good parts?

I mean really... who gives a shit about some fancy fabrics? Lets see dat ass, dem tits, and dat puss....

Now THAT's interesting, and unique for each woman.

Depends on how strict you are with your definition of a laptop.
There's also a prototype out there with a non-colored clear shell.

are there any devices with large, monochrome screen like this that could run a gameboy emulator?

Bought one at a garage sale for twenty a few years ago. Booted once and then never again. IDK what happened to it.

I do

These at least are interesting to look at IMO

I'd like to reverse engineer a Thinkpad case on solidworks and then see if it can be 3d printed.
Sounds like a nice project for 2017.

Seems like the closest we'll ever get is a clear window in some desktops now.

I have this fetish too.

obligatory hackers laptop post

Clear shit always looked cheap to me.

I have this

i have one of those crystal xboxes, but all you can see is the EM shielding, so kind of defeats the purpose

No, because it's ugly.

You should go outside and look at women in the wild. Then you will be asking why designers dont make more hijabs.

Would be neat. How big is your printer?

I actually hate this shit, it always reminds me of shitty plastic toys you get in a happy meal in the 90s

makes it look cheap as fuck

Currently I dont own any, but been looking around to finally buy one.

Probably going to get me an Ultimaker 2+ since it has a 400mm~ printing area.

>not atomic purple
ONE JOB

>not gb boy colour

enjoy your no backlight fagmo

shieeet

Maybe it's the boring midwestern US city I live in...

wew 2013 is so far

>shitty d-pad
>AB labels are just ink instead of being molded on the buttons
>start/select looks like a pill
>chinese botnet
>lacks Nintendo's Seal of Quality
no thanks

It's triggering me so hard right now.

>not backlighting and biversion modding a Game Boy or Game Boy Pocket

only shitty laptops are made with plastic and afaik there is no clear metal or alloy

that being said, I do like the idea but like this guy said all the cool shit wouldn't be readily visible

not gonna lie, these look pretty fucking cool. they were out at the same time gb color was around?

I'm sure they're more modern than that. Shit, there's a GBA SP form factor version, still only GBC games though

>Kongfeng

This makes my dick hard for some reason

I have an old ipod video with a clear case

Shit looks dank as fuck

There's one for the old Mini too

This desudesu fampai.

I'm currently in the process of making myself a tiny MP3 player out of a Rpi Zero, which I then plan on dipping entirely in acrylic along with battery and everything. And just assembling it is making my dick hard already.

Modern electronics look like shit, there's no reason to look at them. Part of the reason why my interest has been dropping over the years, it used to be magic, now the magic is gone. The overall design took a huge hit as well. Electronics of old were designed to be actually used, there's something truly incredible about holding them in your hands, feeling the nice shape that indicates how they're meant to be held, instinctively placing your fingers on the buttons, feeling each of them to be so precise and strong... now it's just black glass rectangles with OH WOW LOOK AT THAT DANK STEEL FRAME???, and it's just a touchscreen, hailed as the perfect HMI, just because it can display anything and make anything touchable, and is thought to be able to do anything. Well no, it still can't do anything that is truly good, it still can't be efficient and precise, it still can't be grabbed instinctively without even looking at it and just pressing the buttons required to achieve the desired purpose.

Instead, it's Power > Unlock > Code > Press icon > Press item menu > Swipe > WOW THERE'S NO NETWORK SO YOU'LL HAVE NEITHER YOUR STREAMING MUSIC NOR YOUR OFFBOARD GPS APP, ARE YOU FUCKING SORRY???

Modern electronics really are shit, I'd rather have plain white and black color than be forced to look at this travesty.

if you wanted to spend like 8-12 hours of hard work for ok craftsmanship, you could do it.

remove some or all body parts of a laptop (one where this is possible, say, a thinkpad), fill any screw holes or small vents with putty, and then make plaster molds out of them.

then, get clear casting resin, mix it with a small amount of turquoise or purple casting resin, then cast it in the molds.

then, touch it up, using carving tools and heat guns to perfect the vents and edges, and then drill appropriate holes for screws, slots, w/e.

the only problem i can think of is the durability of casting resin. (idk how much of a prroblem it would be, might not be one at all)
you could reinforce it with small bands of steel, but that might take away from the visual effect.

i looked into it, and it seems that acrylic resins also can be very clear, and would probably be fine for durability, especially in a thinkpad with the manganese shell and all.

Where can I find earphones like that?

Yotaphone 2.

Probably has a similar refresh rate.

I have a red one, came with Pokemon Red.

Wish the top screen was bigger, but otherwise its handling is vastly superior to the normal 3ds/3ds xl.

these are fakes lol, you can tell by the bezel

pick related is a onechip MSX computer

whoops

What is the cxd90025g and 1328km476

Sweet

youtube.com/watch?v=7Jz2W_o9AdQ

You are probably in need of where it is abundantly clear (ok, no pun) that such a fashion is best suited for 25 year old anorexic models.

>Now THAT's interesting, and unique for each woman.
Indubitably.

>LE RETRO XD
>LE NERDY XD

kys yo'ure'eself

>tfw you will never experience the joy of playing game boy in school ever again

>I don't like thing!
Okay. So?

>LE KYS MEME
>LE YOU'RE MEME
Even more pathetic

thats a fucking nano

>360 controller shell is showing its age after all these years
>Order pic related as a replacement shell

Considering using the original thumbsticks and dpad though, or order new black ones.

Had one of those. Lost it sadly.

Reading that gave me a very powerful boner

He doesn't know about transparent aluminum.