Is this fucking shit still supposed to be the best way to watch chink cartoons on a tablet?

Is this fucking shit still supposed to be the best way to watch chink cartoons on a tablet?

the last update fucked up something and now my waifu depictions look blurry and pixelated if I don't use hardware mode and hardware mode is not supported by most encodes

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mpv-android/mpv-android
github.com/xyzz/mpv-android/releases
github.com/mpv-android/mpv-android/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not mpv on android

WHY EVEN LIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

the power of open source, once again

>implying anyone on Sup Forums can code.

Of course they can, aren't you using gtorrent and gplayer?

>using anything Sup Forums related
>imply anything Sup Forums related ever get past the theoretical design phase ending with the logo.

Tox went on for awhile.

Plex ftw

Looks like a ckinki happy AV people add stuff

shill time:

github.com/mpv-android/mpv-android

still a lot of wip, but its becoming useable

really old and broken alpha if you can't be arsed to compile from git:
github.com/xyzz/mpv-android/releases

>watching anime on a tablet
>ever

I love tablets for reading manga (which is way better imo) but why are you going to download shitty apps that'll just kill your battery life? Might as well just buy a spare computer and watch anime on your fucking television.

Only excuse are those who are constantly on the go, but if you're watching anime obsessively to the point you choose to watch it in public, you've lost hard, just stay home and watch your moe on your Thinkpad at home please.

This is the only video player worth using on Android, just like neutron is the only audio player worth using. It's disgusting, but the reality is that it's probably not worth releasing and maintaining an alternative when everyone uses youtube or something other streamed video service anyway.

>tablets
>in public

I sincerely hope no Sup Forumsentleman would ever do something that pathetic.

>Might as well just buy a spare computer

Guess what.

I did use my tablet in public, of course the one time I did it, it was when my mom was hospitalized. It was nice watching It's Always Sunny in the hospital, since I hate being there.

Would I watch anime in public? No, unless it was Squid Girl or Mushishi.

Why give the old apk? The newest one is here

github.com/mpv-android/mpv-android/releases

>hospital

IKTF. Brought all my mobile gear tho (2 laptops, tablet, phone), as at that point being locked there was my new, though temporary, living room.

Wouldn't survive on tablet alone, as it's pretty much impossible to shitpost from it.

Nah I've been too busy playing Grand Theft Gentoo

I think it's mostly developing countries/people who don't own any other screen.

I'm in the US, and the only time I watch any kind of video on my mobile is when I'm just home from work and am relaxing in my bed/catch or if I'm getting some noodles or whatever and I'm eating alone.

What encodes are you watching that aren't hardware supported? Also I use VLC if MX player can't handle anything

Well, seeing as I don't have a laptop now, all I have is my phone and tablet for mobile gear. Plus my mom was only there for one day, no need for more than a phone and tablet there.

But the idea of being moved into the hospital even for a week or possibly more... fuck that, I would have to have a laptop if nothing more than to play a little vidya and chat with people.

it's the same old hi10p/ac3 meme (or maybe even hevc+opus, it's nearly 2017 after all).

All seasonal anime is just CR rips which are 8bit H264,please don't tell me you are watching 10bit blu ray on your phone

I watch anime on the bus to work (a 30min ride every day pretty much) and I don't give a fuck.

Ask me anything

What is your favorite train from Thomas and his Friends? You sound like a Percy faggot.

Never watched it, sorry.

Well played, user. Well played.

Don't forget about small encodes (especially with hevc).

But yeah, often times its just lazily downloaded THORA release and not herding LQ encodes at all.

You're assuming a shit ton about someone's living conditions.

just what shitty hardware are you using? i have a device that runs a snapdragon s2 or s3 and it plays 720p with no hiccups.

thx for the Neutron suggestion btw

PlayerPro, nig. It's still the best empeethree player around. Fuck Neutron.

>PlayerPro
Absolutely disgusting. If I'm going to get a meme player I'll get a free one and not pay for the pleasure of not having network streaming and having a gaudy UI.

>it also plays videos!

Unless Neutron has directory structures I'm sticking to Poweramp.

>no fucking loop function
>NO FUCKING LOOP FUNCTION

Useless

Tox was fromma redditor

I use it on the bed, 1080p 10' tablet

I'm a little short sighted (1,5) and I cat just set up a TV without glasses so tablet is good

Will this thing autoupdate itself?

Since my tablet is ARM x86 looks like the current version will just don't work, can I just install it and forget about it since it autoupdates and werks?

The issues are coming from BD rips with retarded encodes, of course, HS have no issues

>android is literally the most used O.S
Still
>no proper music player
>no proper web browser
>no proper video player
>no proper fucking anything

Explain this to me

Becasue you can pic any of those that you want... Or not
In short: choice

It started here, installgentoo then moved on to reddit and became a redditor, then reddit pretended everything started there

Because android, just like any other Linux distro, comes looking and working like shit OOTB