Whats the best brand of tv?

whats the best brand of tv?

i sometimes see people saying that some manufacturers use bad displays or things like that.

if i were to get a 50" 4k UHD vizio (which is a cheap brand from what i hear) and compare it to a 50" 4k UHD sony, samsung, lg, or whatever, would there really be a big difference in the display?

same goes for 1080p displays

Go to the store and look at them. Your question is exactly why they have them all out on the floor.

Once Sony throws their OLED tech into the consumer market it'll be the best. Right now their panels aren't the greatest but not bad either. Still their other features tend to make up for the absolute shit that is Korean TVs/monitors.

>showroom floor
>good comparison
Hello neo/g/.

They dropped out of oled a long time ago.

>only slightly related
doesn't lg make like 50% of the panels on the market?

I'll admit I'm new here. What's the issue with the ones on the floor?

Not really considering they switched to OLED for their BVM last year, kiddo.

TV's on the showroom are in terrible conditions. Super bright lights.

They also usually have their brightness maxed since the average retard consider that a measure of quality.

3rd year fucko. Sony will never have the resources to mass produce oled for the consumer market. Their high end stuff is only used for video mastering. Best they can do is wait for LG oled factory in 2017 and apply some software to those.

Every single panel manufacturer has an entire line of sets to compete in specific market segments. Even sony and samsung have their own "bottom of the line" variants that are dogshit.
Vizio is actually a pretty good brand from my experience. They compete with televisions that outclass them significantly at prices that undercut the competitor by quite a lot.
Although that depends again on which product line you purchase from. Their top of the line is the p series. Look it up, it gets pretty great reviews and has local backlight dimming which is really impressive from what ive seen of it. Though their sound quality is horrendous and their tvs tend to look and feel "cheap."
Plus theyve offloaded all the "smart" features onto an included tablet which is hit or miss.

And dont trust the showroom floor. Theyll put some tvs on a completely unsuited display setting and another on vivid or something similar to get you to buy whichever one theyre trying to sell most.

k

Any decent TV without paying for muh smart

Yes.

Check RTINGS.com - they do a great job reviewing and giving unbiased opinions.

I have a Vizio P65-C1 and it's gorgeous. I love it.

I remember the last time I went and checked the store used the same feed for all tv's and monitors and since 4k was relatively new they were using a 1080p video feed.

I mean, come the fuck on.

Vizio rebuys panels from other manufacturers surplus or previous year models and then puts them in. They're obviously still good, and only ~1 year out of date. They're also usually LG panels.

t. TV repair man

here, buy a Sony or a Sharp, possibly an LG. Don't buy a Samsung. For what it's worth, I own a Sony KDL60W850B.

>an LG
Been looking at KS8000 I dislike samsung , SONY 930d 55 inch gaming lat is terrible though.

k

any recommendations for a 65" dumb-tv in the price range of 2000-3000$?

Good luck finding a consumer TV in that price range that isn't a smart TV

there's literally nothing out there. all i want is a really good panel with speakers that i can hook up to a pc.

Why don't you just buy a bigass monitor, then.

Then dont bother limiting yourself to a tv without smart features. Its no longer a premium thing, its just the norm. Its not like you have to use that stuff anyway.

Any TVs run free software?

LG top end OLEDs for picture quality

Sony for unjustifiable prices, seriously their high end is good but no OLED, just local dimming LCD and it only comes in hueg size so it costs a fortune.

50" is the most I'd get personally.

I'm after a TV myself, i'm not sure if i should go for a budget one in the short term and splash out on a 4k HDR once they've dropped in price a bit or just bite the bullet now.

Basically £200 vs £600 or so

As far as brands go i'd mostly like to go for Sony or Panasonic. Apparently Sony don't use shitty processors on their Android TVs any more, and Firefox OS on Panasonic is quite nice.

I have an LG 4K OLED 55" and I sit about 5 feet away from it, I would have gotten the 65" if I had the money and my time again.

You have to see one running one of the HDR 60 FPS demos, it's fucking amazing!

The only downside with a TV is input lag but unless you're a competitive game (and I'm not) it doesn't really matter.

0.02ms response time is fucking mint for sport.

Panasonic still makes tvs? Lol i remember when they were shilled as the best shit ever by like every major retailer. I cant remember the last time i saw one on display though.

Since they stopped making Plasmas they've become kind of irrelevant, their LCDs are meh, they have an amazing fucking OLED but it costs like 20 grand, its not really for home use.

Just bought a samsung ks8000 65 inch. Using it as a monitor. Best buy on sale for 1499 right now. Probably some of the most satisfying 4k I've ever seen and input lag/response time is way low.