How can I prevent a program from installing and figuratively throw out the key so I can never revert it outside of...

How can I prevent a program from installing and figuratively throw out the key so I can never revert it outside of reformatting Windows?

I've been clinically addicted to Hearthstone since beta and I seriously need to stop myself from playing. It's become clear that I lack the willpower to not reinstall it, so I need to resort to brute force here.

Just man up and don't play so many video games, you faggot.

I'm not sure about permanent solutions but what I normally do is add it to the prohibited programs tab or whatever in my antivirus. Hope that helps Senpai

This would be a good excuse to switch to Linux

I physically can't, that's why I called it a fucking addiction. It's destroying my life worse than cocaine or meth could ever hope to do.

Common Sense 2016 and Windows Defender apparently lack that feature.

I'm not a cuck.

This. Can't play games on Linux.

you can but it requires a lot more work than "install game, play game"

So either he'll quit playing games or he'll learn something

Learn what, exactly?

There are probably other programs with similar functionality but I use avast. just google program blockers maybe.

>lacks the willpower to resist video game ''''''''''''''''''addiction'''''''''''''''''
>thinks he isn't a cuck
L O L

how to solve things on his own instead of crying on Sup Forums

A cuck is someone who pleasures himself to a bull fucking his wife in front of him.

That has literally nothing to do with video games and everything to do with using Linux.

Bull: Blizz
Wife: Your hopes, dreams, and ambitions
Cuck: You

I'm not a cuck.

Ironically Hearthstone runs really well on wine. I play it on my linux quite often.

If you lack the willpower to not reinstall, you'll eventually just reformat windows/undo whatever mess you did.

If you really want, you keep adming from yourself, and lock yourself out of the computer.

But if you are willing to sacrifice a fair bit of personal control over your pc, you can.....

This only works if your mobo won't lose it's bios password when the cmos battery is removed, which many mobos will do.
Business laptops should be good though, or just enterprise mobos/computers in general.
Alternatively, put a lock on your computer case.

A) Set a bios password/admin password
Makes these really complex and write them down so you can't remember.
Make sure you write it down legibly, and on something durable.

B) Set up your windows install, ban programs with the methods said here.
You can either blacklist it, or only run whitelisted programs. You can also modify your host file to block Sup Forums and other time "wasting" sites for more productivity.

C) Take the password and go put it in a bank deposit box. (If you locked your case, the key also.)

Reboot and now you're stuck as a limited user with whatever restrictions you set up.

Bypassing them requires.
- New Mobo/Breaking the physical lock on the case if there is one.
- Driving all the way to the bank, if it's open, waiting in line, and getting your password note.

Oh, also, bank deposit box is just one option.
Some other options...
- PO Box at local usps. (Also convenient for mail!)
- Relatives/friends house
- Etc

A fucking bank deposit box? That's retarded.

There has to be a more practical way to block a fucking process from running.

Opened steam on arch and could literally play every decent game I owned

>he can't stop playing a game
Kill yourself. I'm not saying this ironically as a joke. Even if you manage to quit that game you're still a waste of oxygen at this point.

The edgy teens are here.

The uppity moron who doesn't realize that addictions are a thing is the one who's a waste of oxygen here.

Or PO box, or friend, or etc.
Anyway for your to not have root at hand.

And there isn't an easier way IF you want to ever have root on that machine again.

If you have root, you can run a process.

If you lock yourself from root, someone has to hold the info or you'll be perma locked.

I guess you could use one of those timed access websites, sites that let you write down a note and and have it only accessible at certain days.
Or send it to a friend, and then delete the email on your side.

But if you've already got a bank deposit/po box, it works nicely.
You've still got full control of it, your password isn't leaked, but it's a significant barrier to access.

And a little slip of paper isn't going to take up any room either, so it's no cost if you already have a box.

I guess you could also do the digital version of a time locked safe, (or a real time locked safe!) and make a daemon that runs as root, and adds you to sudoers once a week on the weekend for a few hours to let you run maintenance and such, but I'd prefer the bank deposit method. (And in that case, I guess make a file that only root can read with the bios password, and epoxy in the cmos battery if that's an issue.)

>Video games
>Windows
Go back to Sup Forums

Weak willed genes shouldn't be passed on.

Thankfully we don't have to worry about that in your case.

You might want to go join a twelve steps program with the other junkies. Addiction is a little more complex than you make it to be.
Or end yourself. Whichever stops you from making shitty threads.

Yeah because I'm not a loser who gets addicted to games.

Or I could just, you know, block an exe from running.

Of course, Sup Forums is clearly too incompetent to even know how to do that. And don't try to bullshit me with some pathetic excuse that you do know how but just don't want to say.

You just admitted to having weak genes, numbskull.

I guess you're retarded too. You don't even have a chance.

Wew, this projection is getting embarrassing. Don't you have school in the morning, kiddo?

>'clinically addicted'
haha no, go for a walk dickhead or do something productive instead

if your cunt family or gf is harping at you about it either tell them to fuck off or follow the above advice

enjoy being an autist the rest of your life

windows users, everyone!

Nobody is harping me but myself.

I realize I'm a weak fucking faggot, but killing myself over a video game obviously isn't a viable option. So I'm trying to do something about it instead.

I don't even enjoy playing this shitty ass card game yet I consistently come back to it for more abuse. If that's not an addiction I don't know what is.

Okay, so, OP.

First off, you're retarded.

Second, unless you'd use some kind of trojan bullshit techniques, it's always possible to stop programs.

Third, solutions like that don't really work.
The closest thing to it is parental locks.

Fourth, if that's such an issue to you, simply install Linux. You'll never be physically able to play games again.

So how does this Hearthstone game compare to Yugioh?

This is really sad.
There's nothing about a video game that can "clinically addict" you. Your body can't form a chemical dependency on an action. It's all in your head.
Seriously get an inkling of willpower and read a book or something. Shit's not hard

>simply install Linux

I already said I'm not a cuck.

Psychological addictions are a thing, you know. Physical addictions are what you're talking about.

Write a script that looks for the game to start, then kills its PID.

Installing a different operating system has nothing to do with being a cuck, young one.

You said it yourself, you can't stop yourself normally.

People offered you advice, yet you simply don't care.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be a problem for someone with any actual control over their lives.

He could just kill the script.

KEK A DOODLE DOO

Disenchant your collection. Enchant some stupid shit garbage card. Golden Greenskins or whatever. Disenchant those and enchant again, until you have no dust. You will not want to come back. Or just ask blizzard to wipe your account.
You will do none of those anyway because matter of a fact is you are borderline underage college student looking for attention and not solution, and you have no intention of quiting gaymes because mum will keep paying your bills anyway.

>you are borderline underage college student looking for attention and not solution, and you have no intention of quiting gaymes because mum will keep paying your bills anyway

I'm 28, have a job, and my mom is dead. You're wrong on literally every single point.

Even though this is bait I'm sure there some autist out there actually doing this.

He's right, fuck up your account beyond repair and delete it or set the password to something impossible to remember.

Hearthstone is just a shitty game you play when waiting to play other games or play while you talk to other people in the background. Just stop being a faggot

Buy cards IRL and play with nerds in person

>underage college student

what did he mean by this?

You're asking for something that's literally impossible, retard. As long as you control your computer, you can always reverse whatever you said. Also, you're a cuck for using windows, and for getting addicted to games.

Play Shadowverse instead

>People offered you advice, yet you simply don't care.
This.
The only option left is killing yourself