What the fuck is this fucking shit Sup Forums?

What the fuck is this fucking shit Sup Forums?
I booted up my Windows partition first time in 2 months.
I installed ext4 driver on it so I can access music/videos from Windows.
It worked perfectly as it worked previous time.
I downloaded some shit over night, this morning I wanted to reboot to Arch and BAM!
Grub rescue. I booted up Manjaro Live and GParted shows me 200GB of FUCKING UNALLOCATED SPACE!!
Why is this even tolerable??
All my fucking data is gone, all my projects, everything.
Is there a fix to this or I'm having a terrible nightmare?

Other urls found in this thread:

tldp.org/HOWTO/Partition/recovering.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

quit roleplaying as a linux guy and just go full windows

I used Arch for two years mate.
Is there any possible fix?
I sincerely hope it's some weird bug.
How did my partition got deleted, and most importantly, how do I recover it?
It was my /home folder.

yeah when i used to dual boot from nix to windows for pro audio hardware i had the ext4
driver installed. i was always thinking about the risks of giving windows permission to see my nix partition

but not sure what planet your are on.... last time i checked ntfs for windows was read only

I'd use a file recov like recuva or whatever. Other than that as far as i'm aware you're fucked mate.

Try testdisk, if you have to resort to photorec everything is lost. Post pictures of gparted. Testdisk should help, it recovers old partitions.

easy one, so a partition is deleted and not overwritten with a new one? just unallocated place ? perfect. just write a ext4 partition to this unallocated place. this will only write a superblock in the first few bytes of the partition. just make sure u dont make a filesystem with mkfs.ext4.
if the superblock is corrupt, just use resize2fs

Hahaha, pacman pleb. This is why I stopeed using arch. Fuck that shit.

tldp.org/HOWTO/Partition/recovering.html

I can't even boot to Windows
How do I fix this in my case?
/home partition should be at /dev/sda6 IIRC
Also sorry for not screenshotting

It's M$ who fucked up something m80.
pacman is god-tier

>i fucked around with some third party IFS in windows and my FS blew up
>how do linux users deal with this
u wot m8

Restore from your backup disk, you do keep a backup right?

>how is this tolerable??
I was pissed at M$
Nope, too expensive :/

Too expensive? All the data you own in your life isn't worth buying 1 extra disk?

This is your own fault for planning badly.

resize2fs on what?
I can't do it on extended primary partition, I don't know/remember how to do it on unallocated space.
Is cfdisk good enough?
I have books and smaller files on Google Drive. But as for audio and video...

Sounds like you need to switch over to Solus, friendo.

Fuck off Solus shill. Solus threads became more annoying than GPU threads ffs

fdisk /dev/sda
n -> enter
enter(use default) primary?
enter(use default) first sector
enter(use default) last sector
w (write changes to disk)
q -> enter (quit)

now check if superblock is ok:
e2fsck /dev/sda4

if not:
resize2fs /dev/sda4
and e2fsck /dev/sda4
everything should now be fine

Still getting GRUB error
Thanks for the effort mate, I'll just fix Windows boot, install Arch again and redownload stuff I guess.

Fuck off Kevin.

kevin pls :^)

Use TestDisk to rewrite the partition table, IF you havent formated the partition. Easy and fast.

I used cfdisk to do it, GRUB still didn't show up for some reason.

Who cares about grub when you lost data? first recover that; you can always reinstall grub afterwards.

No data either, I guess.
I already over it. This will be a lesson to backup my shit.

>storing shit on ext4
>using linux because ``im too good for windows''
you deserve all the shit that happens

read the post m8, windows killed his data

>giving windows permission to see my nix partition
It will see the PARTITION no matter what (unless it, for some reason, fails to read the partition table properly). Whether or not it can read the FILE SYSTEM on it is another matter (and what you probably meant). Confusing the two is like confusing a VLAN with a subnet, it's two different layers of abstraction. Adjacent, yes, but still by all means distinct and separate.

>last time i checked ntfs for windows was read only
lel

>windows killed his data
Proof where?
>any data was actually killed, rather than for instance just partition entry removed from partition table (the "unallocated space" in place of the partition strongly hints at that
Same as above, proof is where exactly?

>w (write changes to disk)
>WRITE CHANGES TO DISK

Yea right, let's overwrite critical logical structures on the disk which might have helped to easily reinsert the missing partition/volume, because why the fuck not. After all, we can scourge the disk for individual files later, it's so much more sufficient.

what's the problem? just install gentoo and restore important data from backups.

>Nope, too expensive :/

Kill yourself, my man

Testdisk exists for a fucking reason, it's meant to repair damaged file system/partitioning data. Fucking around cluelessly with fdisk or similar will only diminish your chances or getting your file system access back intact.

It was possible with xp to reinstall without formatting on an old corrupted boot ntfs to recover the data, that's how I did back with the same problem using mandrake in dual boot.

>All my fucking data is gone, all my projects, everything.
should have used the cloud lad :^)

>not keeping a backup
>messing with disk partitioning

What did you expect? Let this be a lesson, get a cheap USB drive to back up to and never lose your files again.

But I had huge FLAC/Anime collections user.
I tried it, it didn't help me. Fuck it.
Can mods delete this thread?

makr backups bruh

windows 10 deletes linux partitions during update

>2017
>Still falling for winmeme
You deserve it OP

But muh Elder Scrolls and Total War
Steam on Arch was bloat hurr durr

Get a game toy. Sony makes good toys I think it's called PS4

Getting two PCs would be cheaper and more viable solution :')

This is why you never trust windows to coexist with nix, you should've seen this coming. Do what all the other smart people do and maintain 2 machines, windows desktop with beefy hw for games, thinkpad with a docking station running linux, and an ab switch so you can use all your monitors, keyboard and mouse for both.

Also, stop using manjaro, contrary to what everybody tries to tell you, it's less stable then arch, and impossilbe to fix when something like this goes wrong.

I know, I just happened to have Live USB for my school (I had 40 mins to install GNU/Linux distro).
Installed Arch again right now.
I'll just have to dual boot until I buy Thinkpad.