Razer Blade (2016 v2) vs Macbook Pro (2016)

Razer Blade (2016 v2) vs Macbook Pro (2016)

Both are sleek as hell, good battery life, thin.
Razer has 1060 GTX inside. Mac has .. trash.

Any reasons to select Mac over Razer?
(Doing mostly dev work)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
youtube.com/watch?v=bOXxyeKWd80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

16:10

Mac has a good enough card. You should save gaming anyway for an eGPU for the Razer Blade or a desktop.

Cuck confirmed

It looks like Razer took a Macbook shell and painted it black.

Game on a desktop. Get the MBP for dev work.

>Any reasons to select Mac over Razer?
Trackpad.

Heat on razer

As pretty as the Blade's aluminum chassis is, it doesn't take much to turn from a cool customer into a hot potato. After 15 minutes of running around White Orchard in Witcher 3, the touchpad measured 106 degrees Fahrenheit, which is above our 95-degree comfort threshold. The center of the keyboard was even hotter at 111 degrees while the undercarriage hit 119 degrees.

Once the system cooled down, we started streaming a full-screen HD YouTube video. Fifteen minutes later, the touchpad and middle of the keyboard hit 87 and 90 degrees while the bottom reached a comfortable 91 degrees.

And the macbook is straight trash

>Any reasons to select Mac over Razer?
MacOS is a pretty big one, trackpad and display are also nice. Are you tied to a Windows workflow?

Fisher price os with a fucking disaster window system. Siri spying, shit filesystem

~43.3 degrees Celsius too hot
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
It gets to 34 degrees outside on a good day
Fantastic temperatures for a laptop

>Disaster window system
Nothing's stopping you from using a window manager, I use Spectacle (which is a tiling WM)

>Siri spying
Turn it off, block via the hosts file if you want.

>Shit filesystem
Still better than NTFS

- Better keyboard (No gimmicky multi-color bullshit)
- Touch Bar
- Better display (Wide colour)
- Better, larger, trackpad
- Not called "3LADE"
- The Razer is 0.7" vs 0.59" for the MacBook Pro
- The

The MacBook Pro is a better laptop, also look at this disgusting power block.

This best be bait, but just in case it isn't:
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
youtube.com/watch?v=bOXxyeKWd80

Asus ZENBOOK UX305 w/ i5 or i7 > this

This guy is a colossal fucking moron, he obviously has some long running hate for Apple or is simply using it to drive his 18-35 year old white male audience nuts.

Yes, you are right, how could I have been so blind. Thanks, friend, really made me think :^)

(The crappier Apple is the more money he makes fixing their shit, so if anything he should shill for apple.)

Well I imagine stirring up shit and making videos about it is fairly lucrative.

How is Macbook keyboard better? Chroma effect is entirely optional to turn on and having multiple colors to choose from sounds pretty comfy

Touch Bar is trash and serves no purpose
Name doesnt change shit for the user

So the only point is a better display. In some ways?

>Touch Bar is trash and serves no purpose
But the comfy Chroma effect serves a purpose? The Touch Bar provides useful shortcuts and a new means of interacting with your Mac in all first party apps and many third party ones as well.

>The Razer is 0.7" vs 0.59" for the MacBook Pro
>Muh light n thin

Fair point.

>card
haha

why do you want a sleek macbook? I'm a girl and I have no real trouble travelling with a reasonably thick 14" laptop. You'll just get a bad keyboard.

>shitty no travel keyboard
>better

You'll get a bad back. I noticed this in Uni, many of my windows toting friends had heavy laptops compared to the MacBook Pro and they all hated taking their computers with them.

Have you used it, I doubt, but lots of users are quite fond of these low profile keys.

bull. I take mine with me everywhere and it's really not that strenuous.
I write a lot so the strain a low key travel keyboard would inflict on me is much much worse.

would you really not like thin and super low weight notebook instead of a bulky one?

Sure, you cannot upgrade it, but if you take the top-spec Blade, with 1TB SSD and GTX1060 you're set for years

No, it's not a matter of power. Even price, there are too much build quality sacrifice. It's not like my laptop is tremendously thick, it's just as big as it needs to be. I need a keyboard with keytravel.

Which looks fantastic.

osx