>USB Type-C
>2700 mAh battery
>Quick Charge 3.0
>24-bit/192kHz audio
>aptX
>Nougat is coming

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V9oeCFpxz7s
cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/gallium/drivers/freedreno/freedreno_screen.c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Manlet phone

>4.6”
No ty
>23 MP, f/2.0, 24mm camera
Dont care about the camera
>1080p@60fps
Dont care about the camera
>microSD, up to 256 GB
Good
>32 GB
Good
>3 GB RAM
Ok
>Adreno 510
Good
>USB Type-C
Good
>2700 mAh battery
Bad
>Quick Charge 3.0
Dont care about QC. Slow charge = better overall battery health
>24-bit/192kHz audio
Meme
>aptX
ok
>Nougat is coming
Ok

whats the price ?

>4.6"

Dropped

>tfw using a 3.8inch 2011 model android

I wish this fuckhuge phone meme would die. It isn't that I don't want other people to have what they like, its that they shouldn't have totally disregarded people who aren't idiot teenagers.

I think a big part of the problem is that a phone is no longer just a phone, which is what I'm still using it for. I have thought about going flip-phone, but I know that would get judgmental glances so I'm just keeping what I have.

>IPS 720p screen
What year is this?
When will someone make a

Sony smartphones suck, as simple as it can get.
Their mobile branch is totally incompetent.

On paper they have a great camera, but in reality it is shit.
For whatever reason the competition can make better use of the Sony hardware than Sony itself.

>Sony smartphones suck,

LIES

Been using my Xperia Z2 for the last few years and I'm still receiving regular updates.

>Compensating by phone size.

They won't stare at you because of your phone. They'll stare because of your weight and the smell.

>Don't care about camera
Someone has no friends lol

thick, expensive, scratchy plastic (so you need a case which makes it even thicker)

all in all kinda mediocre but priced like a flagship

I can write a message with one hand and I have normal sized hands.

Maybe the image quality will change your opinion on photography because the best images comes from the camera you are carrying.
Great audio performance is much appreciated if you have audiophile headphones.
Charge your phone every night and you'll be good.

$470

Get a tempered glass cover and it won't break. No ugly case needed and it isn't priced like a flagship.

Agreed but that thing is slow.

1080p is redundant on

> Someone has no friends lol
Someone is not a normie fgt

I would so get a Sony phone if they weren't ridiculously overpriced

> I wish this fuckhuge phone meme would die
this

looks comfy, would get one if i didn't already have an iphone

Huaweii p9 for the win

It isn't ridiculously overpriced

One Plus is releasing a new phone with 8 GB RAM. I prefer to carry tinier phones like iPhone SE. It is very durable with a cover. It doesn't have as good performance as the Sony but as an everyday device maybe non of the specs above matter since they are as fast as each other. It is jailbreakable and there will never be a good rom for the compact. I think there currently are no >5” from Samsung or any chinkphone that can match up with the X Compact.
A smartphone is too helpful not to have.

>2012-tier 4.6" 720p display
>not a Nexus
>most Sup Forums phone

>expensive as fuck
>same thing as the redmeme but with shitty battery.

no thanks.

Too bad the camera lens is plastic and scratches to fuck easily

>not mentioning any

>Downgraded shit from the ZC line
No.

The Aquos Mini are miles ahead except software.

Yeah, for a midrange soc.

kek

I love my LG G2, it's like dog's meat if you bought a good case (Otterbox is good).

It has more upgrades but no waterproofing is a tiny disappointment.
What makes the Aquos Mini better? Is higher refresh rate noticeable on phones?

What do you prefer?

It's too big.

I find it funny how Sup Forums are always going on about 5.5" vs 5" debate.

Both are fucking huge. Like actually, colossal. Just grab your old 3.5" phone and experience the utter ease of use with one hand. How phones were meant to be.

Sony isn't Sup Forums, their phones look good, they are comfy to use and stock rom is very good. They also prefer 1080p rather than meme resolutions -Z5 premium is an exception but it is a "look we can do it/show off" product. it should be the opposite to attract Sup Forums.

also youtu.be/V9oeCFpxz7s

>3.5mm jack for your favourite headphones

good thing they have an arsenal of head/earphones to sell so they can't jump on the remove the headphone jack bandwagon

yes good goy, keep the wheel turning, meanwhile I think I will get a Z5 compact for peanuts. It has better battery life, it is water proof, still micro usb which I still own a fuckload of chargers and if I go out I can borrow one without problems and Nougat is comming too.

Holy fuck that's a small phone

other than every single surface being a huge fingerprint magnet i've liked it so far

> 2700 mAH

'fuck outta here

5.1/10 bait

>Having friends is conforming to shallow societal ideals
Ok mr. seecret klub

No it isn't. X compact is a disgrace to the zc line.

Thicker than z5c
Huge bezels, seriously
Outdated desing
No waterproof
Midrange soc

But there's no other "small flagship" Android phone and probably the last one so manlets once again cucked forever.

I would love to get a flip phone with a camera like that. No android would be a plus.

I use a flip phone as primary and you're correct. People will give you looks. Hilarious when I'm using my android phone as well.

2013 actually since nexus 4 was the best phone of the line before it died.

>$470
No and thank you.

fpbp

Sony did differently with the compact phone this time. it used to be the compact version of the flagship, but this time, they did the compact version of the regular Xperia X with the design of XZ. it should have been XZ compact with most of the XZ's hardware.

I got a used Z5 compact for $200 a few months ago and it's probably even easier to find one at that price now.

>not a OnePlus 3T

>fucking glossy plastic body

WHY SONY WHY

>Snapdragon 650 (MSM8956)
>470$
No user, just no.
You can't even install *nix on it, because last Adreno which support is 430.
cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/gallium/drivers/freedreno/freedreno_screen.c

>not waterproofed
z5c>xc

No magnetic charger, I'll stick with my z3c thanks

It's a phone with the right idea, very nice configuration, but I'm not going to pay $450 for a phone. Fuck that.

>not Verizon

Dropped

>sony

how are you liking it so far? I don't give a shit about recording 4k videos, but I would like to know how is it as a daily driver.

Agreed, I miss that phone.

>GSM only
Complete garbage

>CDMA
>2016
you belong in a garbage can

>4.6”
>having manlet hands
6.4" or get out

>Regular updates
I'm using z2 but there is no more updates after 23.5.A.1.291
Its cool to get from 4.4.2 to 6.0.1, but now I just hope that they can release security patches.

sony phones look like utter shit

THIS

Samefagging is not cool kid. Also buying huge cars to compensate the lack of dick. I understand you must feel insecure and you need to buy large shit so people don't laugh at your microdicks but, please do not draw attention to yourself.

manlet detected.

But no fingerprint in Le trash

Kys

I like stuff to fit in my pocket and not get in the way

Also sound does matter

Everybody laugh at this Americuck

>lol 720p
>sent from my much much lower DPI monitor

Diminishing returns user.

That being said, why buy this over a z5 compact? If my replacement g4 Shits out before my usual time to buy a phone, I'd probably grab that

mAh battery
In the trash it goes

>numerous people commenting about the battery size
>being unaware of sony's elite battery optimisation
>not realising how much battery life is improved by not using a placebo meme resolution

Brah
What's the point of having a pocket computer when the screen is too small to interact with comfortably?
Or do you dual wield?

>tfw can't use my new phone one handed that well
The worst part is being right handed and having a password that consists of only the left half of the keyboard.

>mfw pulled the trigger on getting a Z5 premium a while back, only to find out a week later that they discontinued the series

Fuck off already Sony shill.

I don't know... Sony's kinda dead to me since the Z5 bullshit. The X series is overpriced and underspeced plus shitty plastic case. The only thing worth while made by Sony lately is the new M series (slightly lower specs, can be dirt cheap with a plan)

Moto X 1

I'm really having a hard time understanding why people keep buying new expensive smartphones instead of cheap 2-3 generations old smartphones.

>USB type-C
>bit better camera
>new android os
That's the main difference I see.

How is that a surprise?

Sony always does 6 month cycles with their flagships.

The hardware is still good and they still are updating the firmware. I see no real reason to complain.

I never had a Sony before.

The biggest issue seems to be it isn't waterproof. Do all of you own a pool?

Stay with it, user. That's the last great phone that ever come out from Sony. I work for sony and their later models are just plain pitiful. Dont even bother with the x series.

Tried one in a store. Good damn sub 5 inch phones just do it for me

With bezels that big you might as well get a 5.5" phone

Digits prove user speaks truth.

Avoid Sony phones like the plague.

>Sony

fuck no

>5.15" 1080p
>12mp f/2.0, phase detection autofocus
>2160p@30fps, 1080p@120fps
>128GB
>4GB RAM
>Adreno 530
>USB Type-C
>3200mah battery
>Quick charge 3.0
>Fingerprint scanner

this phone is better in every way

Alternative?

Neither camera or memory is convincingly better and I charge my phone every night.

it has a much faster CPU also and 1080p screen, the main reason why I would chose it over the compact. its cheaper too lol

>t. someone with a 4.5" penis

>Sony X Compact
FUCK SONY WHY

> Snapdragon 650

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?

> Xperia Z1C
Top of the line specs in compact form.
> Xperia Z3C
Top of the line specs in compact form with godly battery life.
> Xperia Z5C
Top of the line specs, same great battery life.

> Xperia X
> JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
> Shit-tier SoC edition

WHY?!

I really wanted to stay a Sony customer, the Z Compact was the best pocket phone I ever had... but fuck I won't use a cripplephone.

I have a Note 4 and a Z5C.

The Note 4 is great to view media, to play with emulators, to check an Excel spreadsheet.
The Z5C is great to carry in your pocket without even noticing it and without going bankrupt (iPhone SE/7).

>but no waterproofing is a tiny disappointment.
Shit weak soc, and NO waterproofing?
What a fucking disgrace.

I'm tempted by the z5c but the specs aren't really increased

Just dont. That snapdragon 810 is a power hogger.

Yeah it's shit.

>not water resistant

A powerful chip is power hungry? Oh wowz, NOES!?
Do you use the phone as a phone? Ie.: Execute short - load inducing tasks?
Then the more powerful, the better.

It does not matter if the phone drains 50% less and takes 50% more to load.
Most people want speed. Including me.
When you want to call someone, you need Maps ASAP, you have to send a file ASAP, and so on... you want SPEED.

Also, Sony had great standby time on Z3C/Z5C, so I don't get the point.

>5.15" 1080p

you do realize people buy the compact series because they are... compact?

Fashion or something? I prefer to buy a chink phone a year instead of paying 5 times as much for a "brand" phone. It's not like a phone isn't totally outdated in a year even if it has some logo on it.

sonies really good when making phones
sadly the software (androind 7.0) ruins otherwise incredible hardware
pity.

Honestly welcome to the 21st century, aka the death of the niche market. Nobody can grasp that people have different preferences.

ThinkPad is a pretty good example. You had a cult following of people who used this as a go to laptop for like 10-15 years. Why? It was the best at who it was for. Sturdy, well built, and easy to fix. Now, along comes investors, and hungry for more, try to push it for mainstream consumerism. Chiclet keyboard, 16:9 screens, muh ports. Sure, you'll sell more, but you are now at the mercy of change. You no longer have a die hard following of your product, and all it takes is one slip up and everyone is going to avoid you like the plague. (see samsung)

We no longer see cell phones that fit specific roles, and unlike the laptop market, there is a LOT more room for variety. Instead everyone is competing for the same market, that doesn't care about key boards, removable storage and battery, or a compact size, even though there is CLEARLY an untapped market for these things (the iPhone SE is an example of this)

Sony failed at a higher level, but their compact line is pretty alright all things considered.

The point I'm getting at is there are tons of untapped markets that would ALWAYS have a following so long as you listened to your consumer base, and it Sucks that we live in a world where variety is fucking dead. I blame Apple desu. I can't wait for Trump to tax the shit out of China so their profits drop.

>4.6
>One handed

>having manlet hands