What are some trusted free public DNS servers?

What are some trusted free public DNS servers?

Other urls found in this thread:

alternate-dns.com/
noad.zone/
github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/blob/master/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv
opennicproject.org/
wikileaks.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS
developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/privacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

comodo

what about DNS servers that has built-in adblock like:

alternate-dns.com/

noad.zone/

Are these trustworthy or are they part of spy agencies?

github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/blob/master/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv

Was OpenDNS ever "trusted"? What about now that it belongs to Cisco?

OpenNIC

opennicproject.org/

root dns

Wikileaks maintains a list.

wikileaks.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS

>public
>trusted

You know, those people have to make a buck somehow to keep shit running..

Anyway, and are what you should be looking at. Great stuff.

bind9

why should i use a DNS?

>google
>cisco
>comodo
>jsc marketing (don't know what this is but just the name is enough to understand it's botnet)
>half of them in united states of surveillance
lol why the fuck would you recommend them when OP is asking for trusted ones

>trust something that costs money for them and they provide for free
unless they have adverts doing this does not make sense

Try freenom.world. They are a dutch company.

What is a good VPN?

I don't think you understand what trusted means in the scope of a DNS server. Google's are extremely accurate and fast.

That's reliable, not trusted.

Your ISP DNS.

A trusted DNS source is one that is accurate.

No, a trusted DNS source is one that is trusted.

Yes, and trusted = accurate, where DNS is concerned, there is no other definition.

You're wrong.

Explain how?
I contend that you are just an ignorant asshole with more opinions then practical thoughts.

Depends on how you define "trusted". It's trusted because it's not malicious (i.e. doesn't redirect major domains to some malicious website instead) but at the time you can't really call anything made by Google trusted when it's clear they're out to sell your data.

None of these DNS sources are secure or private. Calling the Google one untrusted has no meaning in that respect.

use your isps, at least then if something bad happens you have some insurance

Accuracy is a simple and factual metric, it defines the accuracy of the DNS server, the other is subjective and it related to trusting the entity that provides/runs said DNS server.

Google DNS is very accurate (fact) but I don't trust Google (personal opinion) therefore it's not a trusted DNS server.

OpenNIC as a project is insanity. The way the handled .ing domains was a complete fucking disaster. They offer them first, then when ICANN rolls around and starts offering them too, they drop their version of the TLD altogether. Then they put on airs about their democratic decision-making processes and how dropping an entire fucking TLD isn't that big a deal when 50.1% vote for it.

OpenNIC wants you to think they're independent and live down the street to ICANN, when in reality they're living in a tent in ICANN's back garden and wont actually do anything to interrupt the current order.

I already knew you held that opinion. I was telling you that you were an ignorant asshole specifically because of it.

>my opinion is fact

babby pls

>opinion
>you were an ignorant asshole specifically because of it.
faggotry like this is why I don't respect tripfags

developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/privacy

root dns

I mean I'm quite paranoid but I'm 99% certain google would lie if the nsa told them to

>implying google isnt a NSA project

this guy gets it

I actually I don't hold that opinion, It was an example but it's nice to see you have no arguments left, not that your previous posts could be considered valid arguments.