Do we really need higher resolutions on phones?

Do we really need higher resolutions on phones?

Other urls found in this thread:

clarkvision.com/articles/eye-resolution.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

Yes, but it's not too important anymore. I'm gonna guess you TRULY can't see higher than 4k.

1080p is only really acceptable on budget phones desu

I have a 1440p phone and I can't tell the difference between it and 1080
But I can tell between 1080 and 720
I feel like after a certain pixel density, one can't tell unless they're really looking for it. Overall, no. We're good where we're at, at least according to me.

Don't fall for the meme "le human eye" meme

clarkvision.com/articles/eye-resolution.html

No. What manufacturers should be focusing on is optimizing battery usage and hardware utilization for the OS. 1080p is more than enough, and I really don't want my shit to become stuttery and short-lasting because some dood thought it would be a good idea convince people that 9 trillion pixels will make their experience better than having a battery that lasts for > 10 hours.

MOAR COREZ!!!

Your eyes must be fucked then...

See About 4k is the true limit, you can easily see higher than 1080p and the iphone resolution is flat out terrible.

Yes. Better phone resolution means better screens for VR.

we need a better user experience in the smallest package. 4" 720p is enough and any more is useless.
>muh movies too small
then get a 7+ inch tablet if you watch movies on your phone so much.

>need
no

Post YFW iPhone screen resolution is still only 750 x 1334 pixels

>750
>x
>1334
>PIXELS

God damn, I bought my Nexus 5X for $150, which is only a 2015 phone, and even THAT is 1080p.
It's unacceptable that a fucking $850 phone has that low of a resolution still, in the year 2016.

What I am meaning is no matter what, a higher resolution will be more pleasing to the eye, and can be distinguishable. Like the FPS War.

Is there a need for a pixel density higher than 300 ppi?

There are more important things to focus on with phones like efficiency and better screens in general.

The screen wars they're having atm are dumb

I have a normal galaxy s6 (1440 x 2560) and a oneplus x (1080p)

I prefer the oneplus x's screen even though the res is lower and the colour is a little more saturated and off. It has a higher PWM which makes it way more comfortable to look at for long periods of time especially on less than full brightness.

I also find the res difference negligible when it comes to "which one is more enjoyable to look at" both look sharp @ 5/5.1 inches

and check out the performance and battery life b/c of it.
#optimized

Except the iPhone has even worse battery life.
Somehow.

Why just on phones? Full HD is the best resolution on every screen. People disagreeing with are either hopeless consumerists or they've been cucked.

On monitors or televisions above 20", 4K/1440p is better.

1440p is ok for > 35"
4K is ok for > 50"
For smaller screens, Full HD is the king.