>it's underwhelming
Always the same.

>Who here /waitforvega/?
me
I play helps of AMD games so it makes sense lol

what you've never seen sleeved cables?

Hey folks
I bought this list: komplett.se/wishlists/ce018d0f-fed0-4090-a74b-e65776a59906
And i recieved it in the mail today. I tried putting it together, but i'm getting a warning from the "EZ debug LED" that the CPU isn't working properly.
Can you folks maybe clue me in on why this might be? I already checked for bent pieces and/or grease/filth in the socket.

doesn't work on non k because the fuction isn't enabled.

you just wasted all your money on a Z class mother board when you didn't need one.
Thankfully i can read swedish.

>buys Z board with a locked CPU
>shitty corsair CX psu
>shitty hdd
wtf are you doing nigga

So, do you mean i should return the motherboard and get another one?
I posted the list here a while ago and people told me it was just fine. And harddrives are always something people like to have opinions about.

That PSU certainly isn't "fine."
And I'm sure if someone told you buying that board with a locked cpu was fine, they were probably trolling.

Can you explain yourself just a bit? I don't understand you, I'm new to this.

That PSU is almost bottom of the barrel. It's a mediocre chinese made psu with shitty chinese caps.
I would certainly not trust that PSU If my system was worth more than €500.

As for the motherboard, if you bought a locked cpu, you don't need a Z chipset. An H chipset would suffice and you'd spare some money.

I haven't been waiting for very long. My gigabyte 970-a-u3dp rev 2 shit the bed, so I said fuck it and bought a 6600k and z170. My gtx 960 is acceptable for another 3-5 months. The only game that I play that it does poorly in is Witcher 3, but you don't need a high frame rate for that game as long as your frame-times are decent.

Just arrived today, will have to breadboard because you is Xbox huge

Okay, now i understand a bit more.
In what way will the dirty chinks damage my PC? Will it start subtly implanting communism into me? Will the computer crash?

And when you say all this about the motherboard and the processor compatibility issue, is there a way i can easily solve the issue by, say, flicking a button or are the two products inherently uncompatible?

You have to understand, i really do not comprehend what you are implying.

Wow are you me? My Ivy Bridge i7 said fuck it I'm out so I got a 6600k too with a Z170. Although I do have a 970 that I plan to keep for a while.

was your ivy bridge mobo only 11 months old? lol. Good thing I lost those warranty papers! Luckily my buddy bought my 8350 to mitigate some of the cost but I'm still pissed.
It makes sense that anybody in need of new parts /right now/ would buy a 6600k. Kaby isn't going to outclass skylake by a long shot, and zen is a bit too far off to reasonably wait.

Worst case scenario, if anything goes wrong with the PSU you might be looking at a housefire.

As for the mobo/cpu, they aren't incompatible. It just happens you wasted money on a Z chipset for nothing.

Alright thank you for clearing this up, i was seriously getting frustrated.
[spoiler]Sorry~[/spoiler]
[spoiler]S-so what you're saying is that my issue with getting the PC started not lies in my selection of parts, but my inability to put them together? :d[/spoiler]

Previous post was a 1070, forgot to say, also GPU*

Also got a 6600k with Asus z170 motherboard why does it feel like you're crushing the CPU with the lock

No I mean your wasting cash on something your proessor can't use because its a locked CPU
just get a better cpu like 6600k then you can do something with it.
and maybe get a smaller Mobo to save a bit of coin if you want a Z class motherboard.

this.
>zen is a bit too far off to reasonably wait.
sound like you like to be stupid.
the only reason to upgrade as of this momment is if you can't wait anymore or your motherboard died.

GTFO dumbarse.

But I specifically said that my mobo died and was only talking about need parts right now, lol. Of course it's worth waiting for an upgrade if you already have a working system.

Ok. So the motherboard you got is for overclocking with unlocked "k" processors
But you have a locked, non overclockable processor
So you can't use that functionally of the motherboard, but it won't affect anything else really
It will work fine

That PSU is what I'd worry about. There's are a few components you should always go for high quality on, even at high expense.
#1 being the power supply
A lot of off brand no name psu's tend to have low quality components and poor efficiency. They can get hot, they may cause shorts, uncontrolled "wavy" power output may damage components over time.

I recommend putting money towards a nice Corsair or Seasonic power supply. Always be at least 100w over what your system demands under max load to keep heat down and such.

Power supply didnt fit in the slot?

Nah it's ATX but the old power supply I had (first gen thermaltake tr-2 600w) went poof and took out my mobo and hdd's

Order a BeQuiet pure power 9 600w
Has outstanding reviews and even the non modular version is one of the best 600w psu's out there. Second only to seasonic

have since removed the fan on top. thinking of getting a new case.

also thinking of getting a second 390x but would also need a new power supply and would def need to water cool.

That corsair isn't chinkshit, it's just low end garbage tier corsair.
Which really isn't much better but at least it has a warranty

I want your PSU so bad just to fit my black/yellow aesthetic

It would go well with my shit

hi

You might think more fans actually help but in reality you got real messed up airflow in there. 5/7

Fuck, thats is some scary shit. I had 3 PSU's fail on my pentium 4 computer but never took out anything else, and 2 of them im certain were chink 10 euro PSU's.

Waiting on new ssd.

I need to drain loop this weekend.....

I decided to rackmount all my shit

I tried.

And succeeded, looks clean

eh its alright. not a fan of those cables spewing out like tentacles.
6 / 10
poo fans / 10
its a tad bit messy. could do a little better job with the cable management. image quality isn't the greatest.
6 / 10
ide / 10
pretty clean. always room for improvement in the cable management area. example are the cables peaking behind the bay area.
7 / 10
very sharp looking and clean. excellent job matching the color scheme. not a fan of the msi dragon though. the poop fan looks out of place.
due to poop fan,
8 / 10
video card / 10
its blue
blue / 10
very clean and nicely done. like the inverted style. all those fans. air flow must be insane.
8 / 10
very bare but also clean. the random purple fan is out of place. only one single channel stick of 8gb? couldn't go with a 2x4gb dual channel kit? they're like the same price.
6 / 10
poo in the loo my friend. i hope i provided you with great customer service
since you have an amd gpu i'll give you +3
7 / 10
ruined it with the figurines
7 / 10
always love the snow colored motherboards. nice them you have going on. very impressed with the cable management in such a compact case.
8 / 10
ruined it with the anime figurine
7 / 10
housefire / 10
+4 for rackmount
8 / 10
very clean for a tight case
7 / 10
very clean m8. shame the fans don't match
7 / 10

Thanks man I love the system so far cant wait for more ssd storage, kinda want to try pcie nvme. But probably should upgrade NAS drives soon.

nobody pointed to the fact that his gpu isn't plugged in?

>use datavac
>thin but consistent layer of residual dust clings to fans + grommets

:

In what way? Looks like it's in the slot
He has no PSU

It's a dual slot mini Itx board

looking at an H440 or Define C

>xbox huge
Heh
It's been a while

Not plugging in your GPU is an 'in' thing.
>Especially if you use nVidia cards

>Rose
>Le good old times youtube-tier meme
>Making a post about it

Wat.

>low profile cooler in a mini tower
>open back fucking up air pressure
>buying a Fury X and then pumping all the hot air into the case

Maybe look at fan orientation before you talk shit.
His top fan is intake and the rear two are exhaust. Just because it's not right to left, you go all 'sperger on him? Kek.

oh no

i'm the retard

Not that user, but he's not dumping air into the case. Those fans are pulling hot air out the front of the case. Also that's not a Fury X. That's a Pro Duo. Dual Fury X GPU. Can tell by the 2 metal X braces in the backplate and the 3x8 pin requirements.

Shit happens, live and learn.

You look knowledgeable.
What's with the double-wide chamber on the rad?

More than likely a larger reservoir for the CLC. Cooling dual Fury X chips on a single 120mm radiator is no easy feat. That and it also makes the radiator look flush with the fan it comes with. Gives it a cleaner look. I personally would have liked if a Pro Duo with EK block from the factory was made. Like the MSI Seahawk.

Tl,Dr

More water

Makes sense. External res mods on CLC's always help a lot.

How does /guts/ feel about my current build? It's a hackintosh for light gaming and programming. What should I upgrade next?

Mobo: Gigabyte H81N
CPU: i5 4660 3.2 Ghz (IIRC)
GPU: GTX 950
RAM: 8 GB 1333
Storage: 128 GB Samsung Evo boot drive, 1 TB Seagate main storage , 750GB Hitachi scratch disk for renders.

Yeah def get a new case. Your 2nd gpu is completely starved for air. What do the load temps look like? Do you have any space to move one of your ssd's to?

first computer I've built almost two years back, might aswell start again than try to expand at this point.

Pardon me then , my mistake.

Pretty warm. Here's what temps look like after a quick stress bench.

>couldn't go with a 2x4gb dual channel kit?
Nah, ill just get another 8 gig stick when this becomes obsolete in the next 5 years.

r8 my rig gee

Molex connectors are the bane of my existence. I tried to clean up a bit since last time though. I also put in some new poo fans! Much better than the OEM trash

I'm thinking of putting in another exhaust along the top. I'm worried there's not enough since the HDDs generate a significant amount of heat.

How much storage have you got there? It's related to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but I suppose you can't do much with what appears to be an SAS backplane.

8x 2TB in RAID10. The majority of these drives are pretty old (3-5 years) but eventually I'll replace them with 8TB when they're more affordable.

The SAS card is actually a JBOD Mini-SAS to SATA. Good eye though

The rest (950 Pro, random 2.5") are OS / VM drives. The majority of clutter comes from the top 4 5.25" bays (1x 3.5" bay, 2x 2.5" bays, 1x BDRW, 1x card reader).

GPU or SSD. GPU first imo, provided your SSD is not consistently near full

gutsu desu

>enough fans to blow out chernobyl
>still use stock GPU heatsinks
I will never understand the average gamer, you could easily get much better temps and a much quieter system if you didn't do shit like this.

also arr look same

>tfw nobody paints their boards these days and nobody takes cool ideas and puts them to work
why bother living

ayyy.

gotta get that sick nvidia branding on the side

I always get anxious about video card sag whenever I go into these threads. Why is there no industry standard extra support for them?

money needed to make the metal brackets, pennies that can be spent somewhere else. blame the bean counters and the clipboard warriors.
and, OEMs get more money from replacements in the long run than they do with properly reinforced cards. this is why some also have a fairly abysmal warranty period. there's plenty of ways to prevent sag otherwise, though.

olden AMD cards of the past from I believe the 5870 onwards had backplates that made it harder for them to sag, some nvidia cards in the 400+ series did as well. but again, it all comes down to that which can be built to a price to make aforementioned bean counters and clipboard warriors happy.

Only non-ref card sags
Get a ref one

reference cards tend to have horrible blower fan designs, even today, sadly. there are places you can get thirdparty backplates for reference-PCB cards with vendor-attached heatsinks however. there are entire businesses that revolve around that.
there are some that even have thermal pads for certain board areas as well, which is very nice, especially in this lead-free world of fab we now live in.

I'm always confused about why people don't do this kind of shit on their own, it's obviously out of reach when it comes to the card manufacturers because of certain builds and how they work.

In fact, I'm confused a lot about the anti-DIY standard about everything computer related these days, people always getting some overpriced shit that doesn't even fit their needs, from parts to software, it's just so fucking stupid.

>boo hoo don't paint your mobo
>boo hoo don't use extenders
>boo hoo don't use type-X fans
>boo hoo don't overclock
>boo hoo don't have fun

they want you to use the parts the way they were intended to be used in their eyes for the duration of the warranty. after that, it's all on you and they're not liable for shit. also a better reason to sell idiots overpriced "enthusiast grade" hardware with possibly the same build quality depending on vendor, at a higher pricepoint.

>they want you to use the parts the way they were intended to be used in their eyes for the duration of the warranty
I meant people, not companies themselves or their employees.

The general building and modding community (and Sup Forums for some reason) seems to get really upset at you for not overcramming your build full of shit that shouldn't be there in the first place, and spooked when you modify something.

CPU heatsink on a GPU without a fan bolted ontop of it, but rather somewhat near it?
>Holy shit ahm spooked this isn't regular

DIY removable and re-attachable monitor bezels?
>fuuark witchcraft

Non conductive paint for a mobo/gpu?
>call fbi this is terrorism

Any modification to the case outside of stuffing leds and fans (with leds) into it?
>heresy

I mean I'm glad everyone is finding something plug and play that they love an have found an affection to, but I yearn for unique cool shit.

>enough fans to blow out chernobyl
There are 5 fans. I have the four rad fans running at low RPM to both promote airflow and silence.

The graphics run cool enough on a blower since they're not recycling hot air, what's the issue?

>mrw

>whole build is "do you dare enter my magic realm"
>greenforce GTX
W - H - Y

I don't know what it is but I just love that looks with out the lighting. Maybe it is the matte heatsink and that gpu aka the best looking card ever made why did i buy a 1060 gfuck fuck fuck fuck we3uibfwubwbf23ui

I was not aware this was possible. What kind of paint do I need? I need more information.

1060/6600k/16gb I call her "but mom I need a full tower"

BIC Gel Intensity pens. Bear in mind that the best glowing colors are pink, orange, green and yellow. Dark colors such as blue, black and purple will not glow at all.

also UV coat spraying is a fucking 10/10 glow in the night alternative to LEDs, best combined with LED fans as well.

Or you could go maximus autismus and dunk the led fans with the spray.

Please for the love of god, if you do intend to spray shit, please spray on a non-absorbent surface and test the puddle with a voltmeter firsthand.

Thank you so much. I have been active here and on other PC enthusiast sites since 2007 and I have NEVER seen that before. The image in your first post is incredible, I LOVE that green.

grats welcome to the cool kids club
expect to not see anything like it again for 10 or more years

lol

>tfw no dreamcast development kit to stuff my computer in
just end my life

Cable management from 3 days ago.
(Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 BTW.)
How'd I do?