Keyboard browsing

What is your estimate mouse to keyboard usage ratio when browsing your OS, or the internet?

for me I'd say it's 60/40, although sometimes I find myself going back to old habits and using only the mouse, which is a lot slower.

Post native shortcuts people don't know about, the ones you set yourself manually, your programmable keys, etc.

About 60/40 usage for me as well, OP

CTRL + TAB for swapping tabs in my browser.
CTRL + T for opening a new tab
F6 for typing new URL
Those are probably my most used when on the interwebs.

whats the difference between the ctlr+f search, and the < one?

I use ctrl+pgup/pgdn for swapping tabs because you can swap both ways.
ctrl+L for typing a new url

I have been trying to find a way to scroll with my keyboard but the arrow keys scroll to little, and the pgdn/pgup to much.

If you're using chrome you can change the amount the arrows use in a setting/flag or some shit, I forget where tbqh. I just know its possible.

Also, nice combos, never knew about those performing the same function. It'd be too cumbersome for me.

>Mouse
>Slower

It's like you don't bind your additional mouse buttons to something useful...

Its still slower, and tiresome for your wrist and arm.

Whats your mouse and setup?

85/25 For me, Never learned to type the right way and use a shitty membrane keyboard.

mostly my mouse because it's comfier

>85/25

retard

>does not have back and forward buttons
>has copy and paste

Whats the purpose?
Back is used 20 times more often than copy.

5/95

I hate the mouse; ratpoison is a great window manager to cut down on mouse usage (hence the name)

Also, vim greatly reduces the need for using the mouse. Once you understand how to use vim, you can install the vimperator plugin for firefox to navigate that completely with vim commands. If you don't like firefox, uzbl or jumanji are pretty decent alternatives for vim like control of browsers.

i turned mouse emulation on my keyboard and use the numpad for the mouse. i got sick and tired of constantly moving my hand back and forth on the keys and mouse. i pretty much never touch the mouse now.

vimfx
doesn't mess with the appearance of the webpage like vimperator does.
I would say I'm still about 70/30 though. 30% mouse is just a bad habit though. its objectively slower

I'm just being a faggot

I've had the same MX518 for years now. Just use modifiers for the side buttons when browsing. Standard is back/forward, +shift is back/forwards tabs and keyboard for the rest.

Also
>2016
>People exist that don't middle click for open in a new tab

they're on a different set

So you mean to tell me you change sets while browsing to copy and paste, instead of just using the keyboard.

Either you're an idiot, or a liar.

my mouse wheel isn't clicky so it's ridiculously comfortable to use
i'd say i'm a majority mouser because of it, but not by too much

>my mouse wheel isn't clicky

What do you mean man?

Probably that it doesn't step, which sounds fucking weird

ctrl tab/ctrlshift tab or ctrl 1-5 for tabbrowsing
ctrl L new url
master race

if you want full keyboard control use vimperator
j + k for up/down

ctrl+shift+page up/page down moves tabs around in chrome/chromium

i found it by accident, they don't have it listed on the chrome shortcut page (or i can't find it on there, at least)

I have 5 programmable keys on my keyboard, only use one for my password.

What do I do with the rest?

clicking the mode switch button cycles through the sets