G-Sync

Isn't this kind of useless if you have a good video card since you'll never be dropping frames that hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/996874/0b1ee344a79/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

saged

>(you)

its about consistency not every game runs locked 60+ or especially 120+ fps

>57532616
>57533885
(u)

G-Sync, it's so bad Nvidia is already phasing it out.

Can you give me the source for that image, oh kind user?

well gysync is kind of a rip off but on variable refresh rate is probably the best technology added for gaming in the last decade at least.

no tearing is fucking awesome.

exhentai.org/g/996874/0b1ee344a79/

How do you avoid the sad panda on mobile?

says its missing

It's kind of easier on mobile since there are dedicated apps for it. Also you can edit the URL to be an e-hentai link and it should work.

Make sure you're logged in to e-hentai before opening any exhentai links, or you'll have to clear cookies.

>incorrect or missing key
what did he mean by this

works on my machine

you fucked up the link doofus

how have I not heard of this until now
whats the catch?

monitors with gsync are more expensive also requires nvidia gpu ofc

G Sync is fucking amazing and makes everything feel smoother. It's rare that a game runs better without it and depends entirely on your config and performance levels as well as game optimization.

your gpu will always be at 100% load (assuming that you don't have a shitty cpu) and it's not as smooth as vsync

Fast Sync isn't G-Sync and doesn't require a G-Sync monitor. The catches are that your card will always be running flat out as if vsync were off, and the fact that it's just not that good right now. There's lots of stutter and small issues, and it doesn't work properly with games that are locked to your monitor's refresh rate or below.

There's no card in existence that can properly power 1440p/144Hz or 4K/60Hz in modern titles, so it's good in situations like that. You can get what you get without worrying about tearing. G-Sync already lost though. AMD and Intel are both supporting the open VESA standard, and there are a ridiculous number of FreeSync monitors compared to G-Sync ones.

It might be a while before Nvidia swallow their pride and get on board, but the development of Fast Sync is already a sign that they're looking for a way out on G-Sync.