Is it wrong to live one's waking life on the computer and internet?

Is it wrong to live one's waking life on the computer and internet?

Fuck it's just so normal for myself now. I'm talking 15-16 hours a day regularly.
I feel literally addicted to having so much information/movies/books at my fingertips. ALL of this, obtainable within seconds.

I have literally grown up living on the internet, same today. I can't be alone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XREnvJRkif0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

are you happy, user?

If it makes you sad, yes.
If you want to beat yourself into the shut-in culture, then no.

Be aware it takes up to 15 years to truly accept being a shut-in without depression, etc. This means no social outings, no friends. Nothing.

Nah not happy, not sad either.

I think it's a genuine mental addiction and I can see the repercussions.
Even small things like my eyes being very sensitive to the sun become really blatant.

I wonder how common the lifestyle is though among the younger demographics.

You're a young adult. All of your needs were catered to for your entire life, except your emotional ones. You were treated more like a pet than a person. Your parents failed you by not knowing HOW to parent, thinking that if you buy all the nice things and do nice things and do everything for their kids, they're sure to turn out alright. Wrong.

You have been emotionally neglected, your father was as absent as your mother but your mother is so weak such that she could not tame you. She could not make you do things without a logical reason. Simple things that come to others naturally.

You need to open your mind. Foster a strong curiosity in the world we live in. See the world around you not as your prison, but your playground. But how can you do this with no real friends? Being unable to feel anything real? You know your emotions are fake, but they still feel real to you despite you being dead inside.

Your brain has been wired from the start to consume consume consume. Not create. This is bad, because creating allows us to see deeper into ourselves and obtain a greater understanding of ourselves, others, and the nature of reality. Now what do you create? Art? Music? No. You create yourself.

How do you create yourself? Well, first analyse your thought patterns. Perhaps you have OCD. You would try different things when you feel a compulsion. Experiment. See how doing different things make your brain react. Then you apply your knowledge to create a system to negate that compulsion. You apply psychology and social engineering to yourself to create something greater. This applies to social skills too, so you can learn how to interact with everyone in society and be seen as just another person like them.

Make the world your own sandbox game, other people's minds just machines to you. Learn from every experience. Don't let external stimuli change your emotional state. You can be whatever you want, if you know how.

Same here. Sleep, surf, rice,masturbate,anime,homework,sleep.

So how much of my taxes contribute to your autism bux?

Or he could just go out and do something.

None, i'm very well off and can work if I ever wanted or needed to.

I hardly even spend money too, I don't see the fucking point when the value of just about anything is all shit compared to internet and a decent setup.

Do you feel blame, are you mad?

youtube.com/watch?v=XREnvJRkif0

As someone who grew up as a friendless shut in, when I made 18 I decided to have a taste of what real life is.

All I can say is this: I wasted four years of my life. I have regrets. I dont like anything about me and I feel like I wasted my potential.

Not to mention the fact that I wasted time in a pursuit for a new talent when deep down I always knew that my talent was to be a developer. Now I am struggling to get up to speed on my field and graduate college.

What I am saying is that probably if you spend most time shut in you might be focused and something and you shouldnt lose this focus.

Posts like this one still make me frequent this site.

lol

lol

>Make the world your own sandbox game, other people's minds just machines to you. Learn from every experience. Don't let external stimuli change your emotional state. You can be whatever you want, if you know how.
Really made me think.

Is it a waste if someone studies programming a lot?

Like heroin?

Stick to ice first.
Baby steps.

If you have to ask then yes. For me, I get this undefined thrill knowing I can't be controlled for example completely discarding my favorite foods, quitting videogames or jumping on a nofap challenge. So in my case I could easily ditch the internet, go /out/ and enjoy nature. I suggest just going on a 3 hour long bike ride to get your noggin running and maybe one day you'll find something else to occupy your time with.

I like to shoot in my spare time.
Wish we had American gunlaws though.
Or New Zealands.

>Baby steps.

rely maeks .... u .t hink...

Listen to this man. As a semi-shutin who didn't want to be a shut-in, life gets better over time the moment you decide you don't want to be one. I only realised that it's now 3 years farther, and I'm still not exactly where I want to be, progress is slow, but it's real. I can hold conversations with strangers now, I can enjoy outside activities, my depression is shrinking, I live on my own now etc etc..

Know what you want, know it well, remember it, and act accordingly. It takes time.

It sounds like you're not OK with it.

Try abandoning the computer for a month. You'll get bored and eventually go outside and find things to do.