Mousepad / Mouse General Thread

What mousepad are you using? Do you have several? Which do you recommend? Also it's worth mentioning what mouse you use; how does your combination preform for you? Do you prefer high or low DPI?

------------------------------------------------------

I am most interested in a hard pad surface because I'm getting a Logitech G502 and at the moment I plan on using it at 12K DPI; all DPI are native to the G502.

( I haven't used the mouse so I don't know if I will stick to 12K; but I use 1600 now and I like the smoothness/placebo. )

At 12K DPI (or any) I do not want any unnecessary data from a cloth or oddly textured surface. With the G502's weight a smoother surface will be preferable too. I would like to avoid Aluminum pads. I want the most durable hard surface there is.

youtube.com/watch?v=EplLoJFyTL0 - High DPI + Low sensitivity = More responsive aim.

From my research it appears that some of the most highly regarded Hard surfaces are in terms of popularity are the...

1. Steel Series 4-9HD pads - I've seen people talk about how the designs on the surface of these cause tracking issues.
2. Logitech G440 - I've seen people say these wear very quickly.
3. Corsair Gaming MM400 - I haven't seen any complains about these.
4. Razer Destructor 2 - I have also seen complaints about very quick wear.

In terms of the personal reviews people have left, with the least negative reviews...

1. Func 1030L - Discontinued, very rarely sold, very expensive now.
2. Func 1030 Revision 2 XL - Also Discontinued, also very expensive.
3. Corsair Gaming MM400
4. Icemat v1 or v2 - Discontinued, I haven't found any online.
5. Mionix Propus 380 - Has silver flakes in the surface plastic for reflection. I've seen mixed reviews.

I'm very interested in what you use and what you prefer. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1448
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826972001
youtube.com/watch?v=q5_qsht7Hhg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I ordered a ducky secret RGB and it came with a free flipper mousepad. I've never had one of those giant meme mats before. What am I in for?

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1448

I love Ducky. I use a Zero Shine Keyboard.

I'd expect it to be well made. The texture looks fine. The advantage of long mats is that you don't have to worry about running off it horizontally. As far as I can tell the only advantage of having your keyboard on it is that maybe it'll be more comfortable for your hands.

I use a K70 so the mat will pretty much be covered by the sturdy wrist-rest of the keyboard.

Thats good to know, I'm excited because I finally found a good mouse with a non retarded shape, simple layout, and NO gaymen software bullshit.

It looks excellent.

Do you like having a wrist rest for your keyboard?

steelseries qck+

large mousepad thats cheap with no gimmicks, also the most common one used by pros

I use a iZEEKER Extra Large XXL mouse pad
pretty good if you wan to put your keyboard ontop of it so it adds more grip

aluminum mousepad master race

1 dollar cloth mousepad with animu picture

Been using SS QCK+ for years, never wanted anything else. I don't like non-cloth pads because the coating grinds off after a few weeks and then they don't slide as well, and they are very overpriced considering how long they last. And on top of that, it causes the teflon feet on the mouse to grind down, causing me to have to replace that too.

XXXL glorious gaming master race mouse pad covering my entire desk.

I took off their le reddit cringe logo and its great.

Its stitched on the edges so i can throw it in the washing machine every now and then.

tracking is fantastic with my logitech laser mouse.

I use this mouse pad and I like it a lot. It's huge, nice material, and has no ugly logo.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826972001

fucking this but if i give out my coupon code so you guys can buy one ill get fucking banned for advertising

another qck+ user reporting in. just got mine though and was using a hard plastic pad for a while before.
my opinion is that you lack control on a hard pad. it's great for high sens gameplay that doesn't require perfect precision but if you want to consistently hit heads -> go soft.

anyways, I used a pad from a small german company and it's solid as fuck. looks like brand new after 6 months of heavy use. just in case you're a eurobro.

KM-Gaming "K-GP2" StarDust Hard Mauspad Midnight Black [360 x 240mm]

Yeah, it's not soft but it provides some support

>all these loser to poor to order the glorious Japanese made artisan mousepads

I was going to mention them. But they only make soft mats right? Do you use one of theirs?

No I am too poor,I can not afford the glorious Japanese million times folded artisan mousepad.

I wish I could get the QcK+ but in Europe it's very expensive and there are different alternatives but I don't know if they're as accurate as a QcK as the cloth is different and might give the sensor weird info

Nigger if I didn't still live with my parents for school I'd get a mouse pad with naked lolis all over it.

I am shure you parents would love that ahmed,after all the great prophet adores loli

MM600 on the grainy black surface

>hehexd

>liking drawn Japanese children
>pedo

Pick one leaf

this. the rubber is actually thick and padded unlike the QCK and its surface is silky smooth.

Fuck steelseries and their thin car tire pads that stain.

>liking drawn naked Japanese children
>pedo

You best watch your words infidel,some might take it as if you just called the great prophet Muhammad a pedo.

Mousepads aren't technology, this is bullshit and I'm mad

Same with EDC,but here we are fag.

>tool used in conjunction with technological tool to advance performance of it
>not technology

>faggot cannot in cli

I'd consider any peripheral that makes a machine easier to use technology. Any tool is technology.

>shitposting is technology

does it make using your computer easier when you shit post? do you use it more effectively?

I use only the best mousepad around.

this has to be near the peak of gaymer faggotry.
brands make literally no difference, you are getting exactly the same thing that you could get from some chink on ebay for $3 (or $1 if you want a normal small mouspad).

That's not true at all.

>wah I overpayed for my placebo razer gaymin mouse mat
off yourself

wtf I love thinkpads now

I need a fat mouse shaped for a hand, can you guys help me?

I own a Shidenkai Mid. Really like how smooth it feels and it looks nice, but with less than a month of use it's already getting dirty. The place where I rest my wrist is already slightly darker than the rest, and there are always some black spots I need to clean from the mouse feet wearing off. I wish they had a black version of it, because the white one requires a bit too much maintenance to look good. It does work really well though.

I'd like to talk about mice for a moment.

During the last 5-7 years I've gone through three Razer Nagas. The laser is a piece of shit that always ends up dying or having horrible tracking issues, on average after 2 years of use. Out of frustration I switched to an optical mouse, which has never given me any trouble so far.

But I got way too used to the nagas numpad. It's extremely comfy for a wide variety of games. I just wish I could find a mouse with a thumb numpad that didn't have sensors that crapped out when I sneeze close to it. Does such a thing even exist?

>inb4 >Razer >its your own fault for buying shit etc. >git gud

tl;dr
are there any mice with thumb numpads and non crappy sensors?

>hasn't bought anything like that
>hates razer
>owns a ss Qck medium size

who are you talking to exactly?
even if the change from a better surface is just a placebo (it isn't) i'd want that

Tried the G502 it was garbage compared to the MX518/G400s. Either I got a defected one or it needs better mouse feet to lift it up a little higher off the mousepad. Doesn't seem to glide nearly as well.

Stop buying Razer. Seriously.

Check the Corsair Scimitar. Rocket Jump Ninja has a pretty good recent review on it that goes over the sensor: youtube.com/watch?v=q5_qsht7Hhg

Yeah fuck razer.

I'd just get a multi side buttoned mouse not necessarily one with numpads.

Steelseries Qck Mass

Love this thing, though when I first got it the thickness blew my mind, most of my pads before were like 25% this thick.

thank you. I'll give it a shot.

I don't like razer but 2 years seems like a good lifespan for a mouse.

don't think I've ever had a mouse survive for more than that. mx518 was the most durable for me so far.

Same t h i c c is comfy

"""thicc"""" is asking for carpal tunnel

both your hands must be flat and level with the table and your elbow

Currently using a 50cm x 100cm x 0.5cm mat from akasa. It's wonderful.

Used to have a thicc qck mat, this one feels about identical but has stitched edges.

The scroll click on my naga stopped working and the actual scrollwheel has gotten imprecise and scrolls randomly. The only issues with the sensor have been just random dust particles, nothing a qtip and some isopropyl alcohol hasn't fixed.

Frankly I don't know what to replace this with. I need a tilt wheel and all the side buttons, the only other option I'm aware of is the logitech g600 but that has the usual laser sensor problems even if the build quality was higher.

i have an elbow rest I'm good

steelseries qck heavy
Literally the best mouse pad ever made. It's huge tho.

pic for comparison

I got a kitten mousepad at Target for 4.99, it's fucking great

I've been using an Artisan Shiden-kai for a while and I must say its the best mousepad I've ever used. The problem is it got dirty very quickly and I'm afraid the glass coating will wear off if I just clean it with water. Any ideas?

currently using my deathadder 2013 @800 dpi on a CM Storm Swift RX cloth mousepad ( the 50cm one )

Same here I can get some of the dirt off by rubbing it a little bit, but I did notice that the glass coating does come off if you go overboard with it.

who /white mousepad master race/ here?

A retail store here in Sweden, Kjell & Company, is selling mousepads in different colors for only 50 cents and there is no limit per customer. They're on sale (original price was 3 USD) but they are high quality soft mousepads with a smooth textile surface.

I bought 30 white ones instead of wasting 20 USD on just 1 gaming branded mousepad.

As for what mouse I'm using, it's a SteelSeries Rival 100 Alchemy Gold. It's a good mouse that doesn't cost much and the software lets you customize each button and color. I'm using 1500 DPI btw.

I had a Mionix Naos 3200 before but the soft rubber got worn out really fast.

I did it. I said fuck it and submerged it in water with some soap. Its visibly cleaner but I noticed some grain coming of the mat (probably some.of the glass coating). I left it to dry a little bit and it seems it glides just like the first day. Its alright but I think after a couple of washes the coating will eventually wear off

G502

is the steelseries dex a meme?

Zowie N-RF1 here, just slightly frayed and warped after 3 years of heavy spazzing and sperging. Not buying again though, it's way too thin and rough to be comfortable which is why I gotta use a wristpad with it lol

I use the Sharkoon XL gaymen mouspad. It's cloth and fine for my use case. I use a Logitech G303 Apex as my mouse set to 1600 DPI. I had the smaller version of the same mousepad, but I switched to playing lower sens in Overwatch because I saw ryujehong do it and wanted to give it a try. It's pretty good after getting used to it.

What is that thing your mouse is going into?

An overpriced gimmick to lift the cable

That dumb ass logo is the only thing keeping me from getting that pad, what did you do to get rid of it?

Aren't those only like $20? Do they not work or something

who /A4cuttingmat/ master race

Well, I wouldn't pay 25 dollars to lift the cable of my mouse.

Tape > mouse bungee. Had this mouse for over 5 years. I prob should have bought another one for backup just in case it ever fails.

It's a mouse bungee. It's quite useful, actually. The cable doesn't get stuck in shit.

And yeah, it's about 25 eurobux. I didn't buy it tho, it was free with the mouse.

Same. The logo is cringe, but thankfully quite small and easy to rub off.

It's a good pad. See above, it's not a deal breaker

Kraut reporting in.
Thanks for the stardust tip, will look into it.
Unless you definitely recommend soft over hard plastic surface.
I have always used hard plastic (ratpadz at the moment) and don't know if I have been memed

I have the exact one. I don't care about the logo since it doesn't bother me,but when I post battlestations i get laughed at for it. So I'm in the process of removing it now

The new RAT mice come with a perfect optical sensor. I've been using my RAT 7 since release and it works like on the first day.
The price is pretty ok considering it's kind of a niche product (the only mouse really with proper pinke (not visible in pic) and thumb rest).

it's also RGB so you don't have to set it up with 50000 colors like in pic related