Microsoft joins Linux Foundation

I know most of you kids are too young to remember the epic Linux vs. M$ struggles (go watch Revolution OS), but what the FUCK is linus thinking? Is he going full cuck?

Linus doesn't have anything to do with the Linux Foundation. He isn't even on the board.

If it fucks up, it won't be hard to retract the code.

Linux foundation is a non-profit that funds and promotes Linux. I don't see what's wrong with letting them in there's a number of companies in the group already.

because fuck M$, I'll never forgive them for their bullshit

Linus is on the payroll of Linux Foundation.

They pay him a salary to work on Linux kernel full time.

Linus has declined to join the LF board or the technical advisory committee because he feels it will just take time away from kernel development.

> hurr durr i just want to be a techie management and big boy decisions are for weenies

this is why i hate comp sci autists. so glad im doing a info systems and business admin double major

Linus' time is better spent actually writing code and corralling core code contributors.

Conference calling Oracle and patent lawyers for weeks on end to get a straight answer about patent licensing of a module they want to contribute is not a good use of Linus' time.

The Linux Foundation exists to do that for Linus.

(Almost) free media coverage. If adobe joins it no one cares even if adobe is full of shit towards linux.

You don't have a job yet good luck trying to get one

Linus has no power over the Linux Foundation and the Linux Foundation has very little say in the development of the kernel (as long as Linus is in charge).

Yeah they're basically a great big fundraiser for the Linux kernel's development. The companies in the group are there because they want to keep the kernel working, they don't have any leverage to use against the kernel. They can threaten to cut their funding for the kernel's development but then it just goes back to the levels it was previously.

Source?

Microsoft will do like Apple.

Ditch their OS and only deal with a pretty UI and some libs.

Backwards compatibility can be handled through a WINE frontend.

E E E
E
E

That's probably not going to happen but god it would be good if it did.

R E E E E
E
E
E

>what the FUCK is linus thinking?
MONEYMONEYMONAYYYYYYYYY

time to post rare stallmans

That's only 500K. Nutella drops poo in the loo for more money.

>I am a cuck who chooses money over fun

I can't wait for Microsoft to destroy Linux. Maybe Google's new kernel will become popular.

how will they do it?

>I can't wait for Microsoft to destroy Linux.

Let me ask you little snot: How?

Embrace
Extend
Extinguish

>tfw no one take WSL seriously

Enemy of your enemy is your friend. Apple BTFO

Honestly Microsoft is worse than Apple in a lot of ways and there's no reason to trust they have the kernel's best interest in mind even though they have joined the foundation. This is a relatively harmless gesture from MS but I still have my doubts that MS is really *changed* in any significant way.

>I can't wait for Microsoft to destroy Linux

lol omg this dude is literally me :^)

$1.00 has been deposited into your loo account, pajeet.

Yaris sedan? wtf

i don't think pajeet wants a loo account. street shitting is better.

Yaris with the limited edition Reddit Trim Package.