google it first

old thread: >

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/firefox
revolut.com
binglee.com.au/hisense-40k3110pw-40-fhd-smart-led-tv
vocaroo.com/i/s04ukSneTU2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

python 2.7 or 3 if I'm just starting out?

Also, any good resources for someone who already has programming experience?

>less power hungry than a normal computer
ofc, raspberry can run off a phone charger.
>fast enough for a torrent server
doubt it, just get an old PC or laptop and it will be much better, maybe cheaper.

Is a raspberry pi (or odroid) connected to an external drive less power hungry than a normal computer?

Is the external drive fast enough for a torrent server on a minimum internet speed?

Is this a good idea?

Is Quod Libet worth for Windows?

I have large music library (>15000 archives) and I've heard it works fine for these. Note that I'm computer illiterate (coming from Foo2K), and all my library is already nicely tagged, so I wouldn't really be using the edition feature, just playing and browsing.

Hi, it's the guy with the noisy hard drive from yesterday.
Should I be worried?

I keep getting "Connection Error" on Sup Forums, what the fuck?

If ISPs all own different cables underground, how does data get everywhere if there is another company that owns the line?

How does the ban system work

ISPs make deals with each other to be able to carry each other's traffic.

thanks m8

Can someone on Slackware tell me if they can load a fullscreen gfycat video? I can look at them on the website they work fine but from a share link they just do not play. I am on firefox, and I use an R9 390, for context.

yes

relocating sectors means some existing sectors got damaged
noisy hard drive implies that damage was caused by mechanical failure

bail on that drive now before it totally craps out.

how long have you had that?

if 01 and 07 are both "good", I wouldnt worry too much.

That being said, you should plan for any platter-based HDD to die around 7 years of active use. I would definitely backup important shit regularly after 4 years, if you dont already back up as it is.

ISP's lease bandwidth from the company/government that owns the cable.
If an isp doesn't offer service to an area it's usually because they think it won't be worth it for them to lease pipe space from the owner to that area.

what are you looking for in a music player?

i need a usb device that connects through wifi to a local network and displays shared folders like it was a flash drive

does something like this this exist or do i have to rig some used android phone or raspberry pi to do it

I am a software developer. Based on the tasks my scrum master has been assigning to us, I personally do not think we will meet the deadline (~6-9 months from now) with the capabilities that we are required to deliver.

I have brought this up to him a few times and offered to work other tasks that I consider beneficial. But he has said, don't worry about it, just do the work I tell you. Should I go over his head to try to resolve this (i.e. be a whistleblower), or just shut up and do the work I am assigned?

>it keeps rising in CDI
>this too
Oh man, this one's a total dud. Damn shame, considering my older hitachi's been silent and strong for years, but I knew my paranoia about weird noises wouldn't fail me. Time to rev up those warranties, because I sure am ready for one that works.

This means I've got another question or two.

How long can I even continue to use this thing? A day? A week?

I moved the computer around a little today, but I was very, very careful about not moving it too much and setting it down properly. Was there anything I might've done wrong?

See those power on hours?
I pretty much just got this thing.

Why do you need that exact capability? For instance if the client device runs windows but doesn't have network access, could you just get a USB wifi adapter?

the client device runs some factory firmware thats not designed for internet access, and i dont want to fuck with it

great, i (you)'d myself

god damn
The SSD won't be hurt too badly if I force it to handle absolutely everything (that is, things like indexing, internet cache, etc.) for a few days, right?

Hello, i am trying to run a game however i always get this error (pic related):

"This Application Has Requested The Runtime To Terminate It In An Unusual Way"

I already uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ packages and installed them again but nothing works, i also used cmd and /scannow and nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me what to do?
Thanks in advance.

You're on borrowed time. Keep that drive off if you can until everything is backed up.

what is UEFI mode (like when you boot from a flash drive)?

I'm a beginner so go easy on me
I'm making a basic little GUI program that draws an array of different interactive modules to a Windows form using form paint (this is c#). I'd like for the user to be able to open and close these modules at will but because they're made from unique classes I don't have any way of keeping track of them all. I want to be able to loop through them and display them simultaneously. They each have a "display" method and as it stands now I'm calling these methods manually line by line in the form paint section of the main program.

I tried solving the problem by having an array of another type of object that takes the graphic information from each of these individual modules and draws it, then changing the "display" function in each of the different modules to draw the information to an image which is then passed to this object. However the code that updates the graphic information is in the individual display functions of these modules so I still have to call them myself, defeating the purpose.

In short I'm trying to figure out how to display various components of a graphic interface, which are constructed from objects from various unique classes, while allowing the user to add and remove them at will. Again I'm a noob and the program is in its very early stages so I appreciate and will try anything you suggest

>borrowed
This thing is burning away time like nothing. I'm up to 600 bad sectors now. I'm fortunate that I've only barely started using it, mostly just putting games on there, but I really am surprised this happened. Hopefully I can return this thing ASAP and get one that'll last.

is a Bachelor's in "Cyber Security" worth anything?

You can probably be a sysadmin with that. Enjoy being on call 24/7 and morbidly obese.

what's your intention... python 3 is newer python 2.7 is still used in *most* industries

Is the Mandela Effect real?

How much does thermal paste actually help? What's the variation in celsius we're talking about when the CPU is under load?

Enjoy having down syndrome for the rest of your life.

it is, but only in the Berenstein universe

I just cloned a 150gb hdd with 68gb of data on it to a 111gb ssd. but now the ssd is showing only 54gb of data on it. what gives?

You really need to have something there that isn't air if you want the CPU to last and be fast. The difference between the $0.50 stuff and the most expensive is just a few degrees.

book:
dive into python 3

I'd like to see a full thread on this

Just do what he says. What's it to you? If it turns out you were right and you don't meet your deadline, he won't be able to say you didn't warn him.

So i´m gonna buy a new monitor so there is no rooms for my B652´s, would be a bad idea to wall mount them?
Also thinking about going 5.1 so I would wall mount the center channel also ( Dayton C452)

Another question, what receiver is Sup Forums recommendation at 250 usd budget?

Switching from Chrome to Firefox, does anyone have one of those handy guide things for which add-ons I should ideally be looking at to install? tyty

logicalincrements.com/firefox
or just check the Sup Forums wiki

So I´m gonna buy a 1070, should I buy a ultrawide 144hz or just a 1440p 144hz monitor?

I mainly play Titanfall 2

is there a digital debt card app, that isnt with a bank yet, for an example i can just load stuff onto it and make a purchase and reload when ever i want.without visa or some master card fucking my ass for fees.

i know about google wallet, but i want something that will give me a credit or debt number so i can make a purchase.

Should I get a laptop or build a desktop for college?

Get a laptop. Then you can take it to the library and things.

What's that program on Windows where you can mount ISO files called?

Nevermind, found it.

anyone

I just found this by doing a search where I spell "debit" correctly, so maybe that's where you were going wrong. I've never heard of these guys, but they sound like what you want.

revolut.com

Probably 2.7, too many libs still don't support 3 and its easy to learn 3 from 2.7

kinda what i want, but im talking about without you typing in your bank account or credit card. Basically the app itself is a bank account and a digital debt card built in, im probably thinking ahead of our time.

Should i download and use the gametracker GSC total gaming client?

Apparently it hasn't been updated in 7 years but i really badly need a proper replacement for xfire now that it's been dead for a year already

Has anyone browsing now used official iphone unlock? The .uk site. Is the phone freed from the previous users icloud or is that a secondary process?
>Does it work?

So newegg has these 2 sticks of RAM for $68 for a week.

They were at $55 a couple of months ago but have been steadily rising in price; now they go for about $81 or so at most retailers.

Should I strike now or will they go even lower for black friday/cyber monday?

What did you use to clone it?

BTW, each stick is 8gb, making for a total of 16gb.

Why is it called black friday when its a week long?

Sounds like a good deal.

Viola! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

How difficult would it be to develop my own UI for my android phone from the ground up? I realize it would be time consuming but is it feasible? Are there any templates for writing an app to use as the launcher?

How many pounds of Brussel's sprouts should I eat today?

binglee.com.au/hisense-40k3110pw-40-fhd-smart-led-tv

Getting this for $450 AUD.

Is that a good deal mates?

Seems so...

t-thanks

i've tried both macrium reflect and easeus todo backup and still have the same problem

Its hard to review TVs but $450 for a 1080 TV?

Remember it's Australian dollars. Can't get super cheap TVs like in the US.

That's 336 USD, and their minimum wage is $17.70.

Then looks acceptable, i cant really tell you about it since i dont know about Australian economy.

My OS is borks hardcore in all sorts of things (W7 Ultimate x64) and I would like to know where I could pick up a safe ISO of W7 to install. Those in torrent sites look fishy

How good are android boxes?

So
Got 2 options

Buy a 4TB HDD, 512GB SSD, 1080p 144Hz monitor, mechanical keyboard, A/V Receiver, a 10" subwoffer, pair of bookshelf and center speaker, shp9500, mic, arm, pop filter

or

Predator X34

Hey guys, anyone good with PHP?

>The thumbnail model and all it's data.

£$Price _____ $Sport $Balance mm $Weight g

>The current code for trying to send more than the ID.

Add to basket

Hey guys, I've got an issue here. My friend created this thumbnail situation where if you press a button, the ID will go to the cart, but no other detail will either. How do I transfer the rest of the data?

Option A.

Is there a safe way to hack into your own snapchat?

P.S. I tried to use an object as an array, but I have no idea how to implement it, or it might not even work with my current code. My friend has all the thumbnail code in an echo for some reason.

Scale back a bit and get a second monitor so you can split games across both when your bf cums over.

Or buy a flight to Madrid several months in advance. Or just go on a domestic road trip. Or save it so you can be comfy and not worry about the price of fruit if you're ever unemployed for a bit?

Should I worry if I have RAM from different manufacturers installed in the same motherboard?

Never buy anything overtly "gamer". You should always be able to at least pretend your PC is used primarily for something productive.

No, your motherboard should deal with it.
Buy the same sticks if you want o avoid problem unless there is a $2-3+ difference.

Yeah, that's kind of why I asked.
Also, is there gonna be a problem if the DRAM Frequencies (I guess MHZ) are different?

Thanks anons, going for the first option
Thanks for the advice m8, in fact the money spent on this is whats left from a trip

Does having Tasker monitor my battery state significantly impact battery life?

Specifically the event is "Battery Level 0, 20" from the "states" group; want to have my tablet send me a text to my phone when the battery gets below 20%, since I sometimes don't check it for weeks and then when I need it it's at zero.

get the iso straight from microsoft, use daz loader to activate

bump

Why is there a loud as fuck humming noise in my mic?
When I turn the power on my amp off it gets even worse.

Its just a condenser mic plugged into an amp into a soundcard.

Are my wires or the wall wiring itself fucked up?

vocaroo.com/i/s04ukSneTU2E

>installed 4gb of RAM
>Windows and Bios only see 2gb
>Speccy and CPU-Z see all 4
How do I fix this? Already tried 64bit.

Getting this as a result in my basket page.

object(stdClass)[3]
public 'Description' => null
public 'Brand' => null
public 'Price' => null
public 'Id' => null

The board has a limit?

What is the possibility that a used motherboard off of eBay could have some sort of virus? I know this might sound dumb, but I'm especially wary of buying used computer parts that could potentially contain malware left by previous users.

The limit was 4gb according to manufacturer.

When will my 750TI become obsolete? Upgrading it is tempting, but if still getting 60+ fps on most of what I play.

Can anyone help me overclock an Achivia Shimian monitor? Thanks desu

Can somebody please link me a Windows laptop physically smaller than the Macbook air? Don't care about the specs, thanks.

i'm trying to compile some python code but i get this error and i couldn't find any good solution:

File "c:\python\pyi-env-name\lib\codecs.py", line 313, in decode
(result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xf9 in position 3: invalid
start byte

Best tracker these days? (movies/tv)

Acer Swift 7 is thinner?

Nice, much appreciated!

I feel like trying something new. Ubuntu or Xubuntu (or something else besides Gentoo) for my first Linux distro? I know how to work a terminal but I don't really have any programming knowledge at the moment.