Microsoft joins the Linux Foundation

>Microsoft joins the Linux Foundation

What if Microsoft makes a Linux distro? What would it be like?

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/39487/possible-missing-firmware-lib-firmware-rtl-nic-rtl8105e-1-fw-for-module-r8169-w
linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/possible-missing-firmware-lib-firmware-rtl_nic-rtl8168g-3-fw-for-module-r816-4175547138-print/
infoworld.com/article/2984858/sdn/is-it-opposite-day-microsoft-has-a-new-linux-distro.html
youtube.com/watch?v=K7HEhr00l-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

EMBRACE
EXTEND
EXTINGUISH

More like:
"Don't give a shit"
"Call it cancer"
"Surrender"

Who fucking cares.

>godly networking
>Wi-Fi works on live USB
>install
>Wi-Fi doesn't work anymore

Settings>Additional drivers>Enable WiFi driver>Apply

>What if Microsoft makes a Linux distro?
They already have, they use it internally for switching in their IaaS.

>Warning! Possible missing firmware: /lib/firmware/rtl_nigger/missingdriver.fw

>muh freedumz xDDDDDDDDDD
>hurr leenuck maek u smert xDDXDXD
>``Godly'' [opnions]
>flat out lies
>pitfalls sugarcoated as benefits

>What if Microsoft makes a Linux distro?
It's pretty obvious. Neither Linux or Windows are actual paragons of perfection so how could a mongrel be anything but bad?

By taking only the good parts of either. Damn you sure are stupid.

>Source: My ass

>NEET autistic wincuckold in chronic denial

>>Source : my ass
>Source: you're mum
askubuntu.com/questions/39487/possible-missing-firmware-lib-firmware-rtl-nic-rtl8105e-1-fw-for-module-r8169-w

>2011
>Solved
0.00/10

>What if Microsoft makes a Linux distro? What would it be like?

The most fully functional, easy to use distro ever, with great driver and software support.

The downside is that it will be filled with NSA backdoors, telemetry, built-in ads, and all the other bullshit win10 users have to endure.

>Can't install non-free firmware when CLEARLY it was working in the Live ISO
>Posts a 5 y/o link to a problem that's been fixed
How's life with down syndrom?

>>Wi-Fi works on live USB
>>install
>>Wi-Fi doesn't work anymore
It means wifi works in Linux, you're too dumb to enable it

>5 year old problem that still persists to this day
geg
linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/possible-missing-firmware-lib-firmware-rtl_nic-rtl8168g-3-fw-for-module-r816-4175547138-print/

half of op's pic are now native to windows (lxss).

problem freetards?

> well yeah , i just discovered that everything working well even without installing firmware-realtek.

Are you pretending to be retarded

>What if Microsoft makes a Linux distro? What would it be like?
infoworld.com/article/2984858/sdn/is-it-opposite-day-microsoft-has-a-new-linux-distro.html

>arbitrary ram limits in windows

what did he mean by this?

>he fel for the 16 GiB RAM meme

hey pal i ran out of ram today ill have you know and i only have 8

YOUR REALLY MAKING MY SKIN CRAWL

WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE

HEY YOU...REALLY?!

Even if you give your system 64GiB RAM, it'll eventually run out. That's how operating system works. It has to find a point where it'll begin to store data into page/swap file

youtube.com/watch?v=K7HEhr00l-4

>he thinks any of this makes having more than 8 gigs of ram pointless

almost laughable

What do you use your computer for?

>has never played GTA 5
gaming while watching youtube videos or kodi mostly othertimes i do VMs and experiment with different things

Unless you use multiple VMs it's pointless.
However, if you are playing manchild games AND have VM on (for some autistic reason) you might need around 16GiB but not more than that.

RAM doesn't make your computer faster. Don't talk like an underage toddler

i had vivaldi crash/force close today because i had ran out of system ram so i can either start limmyself (fuck that) or i can add more ram

and i know it doesn't necessarily make my computer faster but it will stop another force close when all i am doing to watching youtube and setting GTA 5 to its absolute max settings with ignore suggested limits off

Great answer

Ubuntu with Windows 10 subsystem.

Triggered much bud?

W7 era Microsoft OS would have been awesome. They could have called it 'Doors' and it'd be a security OS in the vein of Redhat for enterprise use yet still a decent Desktop OS. They would have contributed developers to WINE in order to make Doors and Windows cross compatible. They could have sold it as their "virus-free" OS. All they would have needed to do was make a large amount of it closed-source and make it half the cost of Windows and they could have captured a good amount of the market that has or would have gone to Ubuntu and Mint.

W10 era Microsoft is not worth discussing.

>Warning! Firmware file proprietary_ethernet_blobs is considered harmful and has been deleted. Please use /lib/firmware/DESIGNATED/gnu_version_nogigabit_dropsallpackets.fw

how does one extinguish a GPL project?

>get close with linus
>create a friendship and earn his trust
>insist the kernel would be better off in Microsoft's care
>get him to sell it to them for 50 thousand dollars
>close source it and start sueing distros

Not extinguish, but control.
If MS makes distro, it will be the Android of desktop operating systems.
Linux in core, but proprietary layers on top of it that can potentially do bunch of shady shit.
Thing is that MS has resources to push it's product way more than any other distro company can.

What's Linus' estimated TTL as head kernel maintainer?
Either bus scenario or he just having enough of the shit, doesn't matter, someone will have to step in or his role will have to be decentralised.

Is it from your experience or did you crowdsource your issue from other threads?

>embrace linux
>add proprietary and/or non-standard extensions and utilities to your "linux distro" (extend)
>inconvenience standards compliant linux users because the devs aren't legally allowed to maintain compatibility with MS's proprietary shit (extinguish)