Best C learning material

I have never programmed in my life but am super competent when it comes to using UNIX systems (aka I do not and will not ever get laid) because I have weaponised autism so I want to jump into programming and want to start with C.
What book or online guide is the best to start with no prior knowledge on programming?

>tl;dr where can I learn C as a beginner so I can do the fizzbuzz meme on Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming
en.cppreference.com/w/c
ideone.com/
joshianlindsay.com/index.php?id=170
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The C Programming Language by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie.

I heard that wasn't suitable for beginners, did you begin with that?

yes

C Programming a modern approach is good aswell

You must poo in da loo and learn from the Indian loo shills good goy.

en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming
en.cppreference.com/w/c
ideone.com/

but that's Java

>c++
kys you are self

cppreference is a good website for c too you dummy

but yeah, read K&R, then read "The Linux Programming Interface"

glhf

To be honest, C isn't the best starting languag'm e. Java is more employable. C is very practical, but not very employable at the current moment. I'm a javacuck who know's C++ and that's just my 2 cents.

>super competent with UNIX

Just use section 3 of the manpages as your resource. For instance
man 3 printf
etc.

>am super competent when it comes to using UNIX systems
>I have never programmed in my life
explain this

>3
3p is what you want nigga

you do not need to be a programmer to use UNIX like systems or the CLI

I don't care about getting employed, I simply wanna have fun with C and making shit

>having fun

Then run each of man 3 printf and man 3p printf and tell me which one is more helpful.

Learn scheme from the little schemer and sicp

>DESCRIPTION
>refer to fprintf

>man 3p fprintf

looks like loads of useful documentation to me

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

>I learned Java so now no one else is allowed to have fun

Watch Harvard's CS50 lectures if you don't have any programming experience.

Then, read this: Congratulations, you're now a C god so do whatever.

What is this childish, try-hard obsession with C?

C is great for one and only one purpose: it is likely the lowest-level you can write software and still have it be portable. That doesn't mean you can write UI software on Linux and have it run on Windows, that means you can write software that uses the C Standard Library to process input and create output, and compile and run that across platforms.

That's it. If that's not your specific goal, then C is likely a poor choice.

>super competent when it comes to using UNIX systems

You chose well, OP. You're going to have a great time.

When I learned C/C++ (the first time) in the late 90's, I did it with this motherfucking phonebook that reads like an API reference.
"Jamsa's C/C++ Programmer's Bible"

I also had:
"C++ for You++: An Introduction to Programming and Computer Science"

But I have to say, OP. When I learned C++ the second time, I fell in love with it: Teensyduino.

Get you some cheap-ass microcontroller and make it do something weird. It'll make your autism tickle.

joshianlindsay.com/index.php?id=170

Oh you.

> I would wager that >=85% of the loudest complaints about C come from people who tried it long enough to understand that they lacked the knowledge and/or patience to wield it, and never touched it again.

> Is it dangerous? Yes. That's the reality of building things that operate at the nanosecond scale.

BASED
A
S
E
D

Bullshit. C is simply bad and Ritchie should be revived so I can shame him.

C is outdated, learn C++17 instead

C primer plus 6th edition is a good one

C a modern approach is pretty good aswell

have fun with your unreadable lambda cancer

>Don't use C, use this obsolete language
I am LMAOing at your life
>N-no C is obsolete
LOL!

It isn't in the sense it doesn't teach programming as a process. It is a complete summary of the C language in the smallest number of pages.

Learn another language with more conveniences. You probably won't have any issues considering your severe autism. Once you understand the process, read K&R and you can commit an entire language to memory (which you can't do with more bloated ones like CPP or Java.)

C is the only time I've had fun programming, ASP.NET and Angular are currently making me want to blow my brains out, so yea, I'm hoping to get back to learning more C soon and try to get a job that uses it, or has something similar

I fucking hate the web

I'm in the same exact situation. Working on a side project at home in C and ASP.NET/Angular at work.

more like ASPIE.net amirite