Is firefox actually bad now or is it just autistic google shills trying to damage its reputation

is firefox actually bad now or is it just autistic google shills trying to damage its reputation

>now
Google shills are retarded. Just use the version you like the best.

It works just fine for me

Firefox is still okay. Try not to form your opinion from google shills.

I don't like Firefox at all. It just feels weighed down and doesn't have true 64bit support.

I use Waterfox.

It's not bad. I mostly use Chrome because I have a Chromebook and Netflix didn't work natively for Linux until recently.

is this bait

Firefox is bloated compared to Chrome.

prove me wrong.

Yes, you retard

The problem with FF is not that it turned bad. The problem is that it stayed the same while web moved forward, and in tech if you don't move forward you stay behind. FF is now heavily behind in many aspects, with performance being the most visible one. On any page with a lot of JS you will have bad time with FF. This is not something that can't be fixed but many people started to lose hope with how slow FF development is right now.

Chrome is bigger than firefox

firefox has functionality and customizability compared to chrome.

prove me wrong.

thanks

I'm not sure if that's true... but It definitely feels the other way around.

Are you too retarded to try it and decide for yourself?

It isn't a speed demon. That said, neither is Chrome. Overall fairly stable and doesn't eat all your memory, and has a decent selection of plugins.

Install size: Ubuntu xenial amd64:
>Firefox
43MiB

>Chromium
214MiB

I have shittone of tabs open in Firefox, it's performance is plain tragic after a while. I have to exit it from time to time and restore the session, which helps for a few hours. Then repeat. I even gave up using it for YouTube, that performance was so sad, I had to install chrome just for YT

Lol multi threaded performance of 2004. Get with the times lagfox.

B-but add-ons and comfy factor. I can't leave after all these years

firefox 50 load faster now on startup

Get ready for the deprecation of XUL add-ons.

It is slower than chromium, but not by a significant enough margin for me to care. I'm using , don't know how the main release compares.

If it wasn't for tree style tabs I wouldn't be using firefox, vivaldi tab stacking is dreadful in comparison.

My nightmare.

>can't even multiprocess because 3 of my addons arent compatible yet

>firefox 50
shit wont let you type into the addy bar and press enter to search
like the fuck

Ungoogled chromium sits at 120 MB for me (after installation in a directory [portable])

It's Google shills. You must be retarded not to get that. There are at least 2 threads a day saying how "Firefox sucks" and yet on a Sup Forums poll Firefox was the most used browser here.

It's not 'bad' per say, but its performance is certainly not up to par with Chrome or even fucking Edge.

i have shit pc and it runs fine
in my experience i had far more crashes with chrome

you can force it

>youtube
>not streaming through mpv

It's not bad. But most sites I visit now are somehow optimised for chrome, certain features just don't work in Firefox anymore. I still use it as my primary browser though.

yes, firefox is societal justice warrior - the software

The official Firefox isn't great, in fact, startup time can be pretty bad compared to Chromium.
However, I switched to IceCat awhile ago and it starts up in half the time Firefox does.

Firefox is too slow. I mean, maybe only like .3 seconds slower at loading websites, but I notice it.

And inb4 oh shit computer durr I'm a sperg.

I get 60 Mb/s down, have an i7 and an SSD, so it's not my computer or my connection, Firefox IS FACTUALLY slower than Chrome. Now, if you don't care about .3 seconds, it doesn't matter. But I'm slightly retarded so I do.

Asking here as related to topic.
Is e10s available in release or beta?

Both

They're enabled by default on Nightly but on regular Firefox you have to enable them in about:config

I'm on an old computer so I prefer Firefox because it doesn't affect its general performance, chrome loads pages slightly faster but consumes more RAM

Mine always opens faster than chrome on desktop. Android it's much more noticeable where FF blows away Chrome. This is on a Moto X Pure/ Zenfone 2/OPO. It's also not as bloated and a ram whore like chrome.

but i cant force sdc to work

also flashgot and clean links, but those arent as important

For me Chrome opens faster. But desu I don't really care about start up speeds, since that's will only be a factor 1% of the time.

It's so-so. It's still very useable and holds a very specific niche. The main problem is that mozilla is going through an identity crisis right now, they have failed to add new and interesting features for a long time, have been removing well-established ones because of "code maintenance" concerns and with that eroded the customization that enabled extension developers to bring innovative features to the table, which was Fx's main draw in the first place.
And then there's the problem that it's been severely under performing in multimedia tasks for a while now. I bet a lot of normies deserted for chrome simply because of that.

Both.

werks on my machine

Remember: anyone who claims that Firefox is "slower", or says that Mozilla has been taken over by "SJWs" is a confirmed Google shill. Those are the main things they are told to repeat.

Some people are banging on about "SJWs" and shit like that, but as long as it doesn't affect the browser in any way I can't see why I should really care.

>autistic google shills trying to damage its reputation

this

>Firefox is too slow. I mean, maybe only like .3 seconds slower at loading websites, but I notice it.
Adjust your about:config to get rid of the default rendering delay, takes 0.25 seconds off page drawing time but uses more CPU.

The problem with Firefox is not that it's bad. The problem with Firefox is that everyone else is better and will keep being better because Mozilla is literally behind the times.

>or is it just autistic google shills trying to damage its reputation
yes

Chromium at 214 MB
Ungoogled Chromium at 120 MB

Let that sink in.