Are all mail clients for Linux shit? What does Sup Forums use?

Are all mail clients for Linux shit? What does Sup Forums use?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/Documentation/email-clients.txt
inbox.google.com
youtube.com/watch?v=3n4nOiURgzg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mail clients in current year

back to 90's grandpa.

Nylas runs on Linux.

But yeah, most of them are trash. The standard was Thunderbird, but Mozilla officially abandoned it a while back. Honestly, I just use my phone as an email client now.

This, I've never seen anyone use mail clients ever. Just use your browser, retard.

Gmail

Geary/Pantheon-mail looks exactly the same

This

I don't know if you're used to poor quality, but browser mail would be the most mediocre program I'd use, there must be something better.

mutt

Deal with it.

Evolution. Keeps reporting failures, but it works in general. Sometimes it gets stuck in a loop and starts heating the CPU. Oh, well.

I'd use Geary if it supported PGP.

Is there any reason to use anything other than Thunderbird?

Geary

Nylas has worked great for me

Honestly, my favorite just easy to use and clean ui was Outlook Express 6 in Windows XP. Just fucking worked. Can we go back to that simplicity please?

Kthnxbai

Meant to add in, is there anything like that for Linux?

He doesn't use terminal based client

Thunderbird, it just works...

Thunderbird

No. Here is Linux kernel documentation if you want recommendations.

github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/Documentation/email-clients.txt

Fancy GUIs and graphics and bloated web/browser clients like gmail and Thunderbird are total shit IMHO.

Pretty happy with claws-mail.

Mutt just werks

google-chrome-beta - - app=inbox.google.com

Why the fuck are people like you browsing a technology board? Its easier to manage multiple accounts with an email client and web mail UI is generally shit.

>>>/facebook/

>multiple accounts
What do you need this for? Who uses email for anything other than registering to other services?

mail

>what is a business?

>Sup Forums
>employed

>Not using your own mail server with a web interface optimized to your needs
Leave

They're all shit. Might as well just use gmail or something.

This actually isn't all that hard these days, but the problem is most employed people actually need their emails to work 100% of the time.

>Are all mail clients for Linux shit? What does Sup Forums use?
Windows.

Thunderbird works great.

People with jobs user, people with jobs.

I have a business email, a college email, and an account for random junk and registration. Also a much older account that some family members still send mail to.

>Projecting
>what are spam filters
Works on my machine. I make 25€/hour as a financial controller and IT department head.

I should say mailx (heirloom), for the multiple account support

Nobody cares about business as the very few people on Sup Forums actually employed are in no position to decide what software they actually use. If you're employed and your company uses Microsoft Exchange (as all companies do), ask your manager whether you could use a different mail client and see what happens.

I use mail on my terminal

Outlook for example does not work in browser. I tried logging in, it gets me some server error. I tried clearing cache and other shit. I even tried it on freshly installed OS.
It works fine in Thunderbird/K9 mail

Thunderbird and Roundcube for web interface.

OP here, I do have my own mail server, web interfaces are shit though, they're a slow clunky mess.

I like Sylpheed.

Yeah, well that's just like your opinion, man.

It's not even an opinion, but objective and provable. Connecting to a server to load a UI is never going to compare to a native toolkit written in a C-like language speed wise.

thunderbird. why would you ever use anything else?

Opening a client definitely takes longer than loading a clean and simple html5 webpage.

I use protonmail so theirs that.

Because Mozilla stopped funding Thunderbird and now it's only a matter of time before it turns to shit.

>Open browser, a more complex program than any mail client
>Send HTTP request
>Wait
>Get response
>Send HTTP request for CSS and JS
>Load Webkit written in C
>Load V8 Javascript interpreter
>Render page
>Faster than opening a small program written in C
No.

Only if you open Outlook, which is bloated as fuck and stores every mail on your HDD.

Thunderbird.

It's the least shit graphical one for Linux.

Good lord what I'd give to get a copy of pre-XP version of Outlook for Liniux.

>showing xml and (formatted) text

What can go wrong?

What's wrong with Gmail or Inbox? I never got the point of email clients.

gmail.com

be mad about it

>secure email
>browser based email client

Podesta would like a word with you.

Evolution at work. I need a calendar integrated in my client because clients send me ics meetings created via outlook and I absolutely despise the approach and visuals that Thunderbird offer. So, not much else to choose from really.
Also like already said, it just werks even though it throws occasional errors of having found empty cache files and whatnot.

thunderbird

Wasn't Nylas that software where you couldn't set up proper imap/pop accounts and instead all your mail would be piped through their own servers in cleartext?
I think they called it sync engine or some other marketing bs.

whats the best way to keep mutt passwords secure? Or is that bad and i should just leave it on query?

mutt -s "Subject" [email protected] -a /path/to/attachment.type + type in the text and input password (and click enter)
vs basically what said
Reading the mailbox is also pretty damn fast , basically mutt -R + password + 2 seconds tops to load the list.

What email client is this?

>he thinks the type of account dictates the client

neo-Sup Forums everyone

browser

same

I use Google Inbox on my phone, sometimes in Chrome.

There isn't any email interface that even remotely compares with Inbox.

If you think there is, its because you haven't used Inbox.

me too

youtube.com/watch?v=3n4nOiURgzg

OP said Linux not Microshit.

For exemple?

The one i wrote

so no one uses alpine here?

I've just never understood why I would want to use Inbox instead of the regular Gmail app. Back when Google first introduced the auto-filters for "Promotions" and stuff I immediately turned it off and I've been on the default ever since. I just prefer having the more condensed view and I'm easily able to process by mail by myself. Things like Inbox always seem to have way less information on one screen and offer little real benefit to me. In fact, sometimes their filtering just makes things harder to find. Plain old chronological and shit is best, in my opinion.

So have things changed since my previous experiences?

Emacs