/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Glorious OOP edition.

>This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have. If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

>Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

>If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here

>Use

>as a link to find the sqt thread

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xJ2qhq
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1317-download-youtube-videos-as-mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im just afraid if I change my CPU (which means id have to change my motherboard because its not the same cpu socket type right? or am I wrong) to something else my other components won't fit together properly or something

Has anyone tried Visual Studio for Mac? Does it werk?

pcpartpicker will tell you if anything is incompatible.

where can I get an OSX 10.11 ISO file or something

need to reinstall a 2009 Macbook Pro from scratch

One of the two reviews there say it's blurry. And it's not even memecurved OLED.

Today I noticed that there's a LICENSE file in the bin folder of a piece of software my company develops. It contains GNU General Public License text and it most likely comes from some linked 3rd party library.

Is it even legal? The software in question is a closed source product and is certainly not free. Wikipedia says this about GNU GPL "derivative work can only be distributed under the same license terms". Does it mean only modified versions of GNU GPL licensed libs have to carry the same license or software that links them too?

I need windows 7 and a license but I can't find anything on the web

What do?

>I need windows 7
that's where you're wrong friendo

If it's something other than LGPL, it may be illegal.

Windows 7 really isn't worth the time. Just checking for updates, not even downloading or installing, takes longer than installing, configuring, and updating Ubuntu. If you need Windows for games, they'll run much better on Windows 10.

> If you need Windows for games, they'll run much better on Windows 10.

Sup Forums says otherwise

>Sup Forums

I'm not saying we're all some kind of experts here but why on earth would you trust Sup Forums more than Sup Forums?

Still, I really need Windows 7, how do I get it?

You really don't.

Are you an computer science student? You might be eligible for a free copy.

If not either buy it or pirate it. Also, for games get Windows 10 you retard. It supports DX12 unlike Win 7.

How can I delete someone elses facebook? Or log into their account?

Go to amazon and search "Windows 7"

Are you retarded?

I know I can pirate it but I need a license

Where is this, exactly? I went to the advanced settings of Update and it's not there. The articles I've read implies the disable should be on my home version as well.

With their password

Focus on improving yourself, and try to avoid becoming addicted to self-necessitating products.

1. The person needs two factor authentication
2. make sure the phone number set up with it is attached to their current sim card
3. pretend to be their carrier and call them asking to send you their sim card
4. profit

I can't download Windows 7 iso any more from Ms official site and I need a license

Can anyone help me please?

Search for this stuff and verify the checksum

>File Name: en_windows_7_starter_with_sp1_x86_dvd_u_678562.iso
>SHA1: E1653B111C4C6FD75B1B[REMOVE THIS FUCK Sup Forums SPAM DECECTOR]E8F9B4C9BCBB0B39B209

you should be able to find it somewhere, being on some shady webhoster or torrent

then go find daz loader 2.2.2
>EXE SHA-1: 0efc35935957c[REMOVE THIS FUCK Sup Forums SPAM DECECTOR]25193bbe9a83ab6caa25a487ada

Thx

Audio question:
Setup: Passive speakers + speaker amplifier for desktop + DAC/headphone amp combo.

If I want to use the speakers with the speaker amp and the DAC from the headphone amp and obviously the headphones with the headphone/dac amp do I need a dac/headphone amp with pre-out or not?
This is really confusing me.

I bought headphone amp from schiit, magni 2u for use with hd600. I use my laptop audio out as my audio source
Now there is static/buzzing, I thought this could be shit dac in my laptop but if I put my hand on the amp while listening to music the buzzing sound subsides.
Why does this happen and will buying external dac fix it? (I dont mind buying it but I also dont want just to throw money away)

Update from yesterday.

I've finally managed to get the basket, almost working. I can send the ID of the item into the array and display it. How do I display the rest?

>addtoCart
if (empty($_SESSION['Cart'])) {
$_SESSION['Cart'] = array();
}

array_push($_SESSION['Cart'], $_GET['Id'])

?>

>Display basket

>How do I display the rest?
What rest? Please give some more context

Oh sorry.

So the database table I'm trying to use is called 'differentItem' and contains an ID, Description, Brand and Price rows. Each of them filled with data. I can get the ID of one item to be displayed in the array, but I can't get any of the other rows to be displayed.

Use PHP's mysqli functions to query the database and print the results

Is a factory still a factory if there's only one class it can create?? Pls respond

oh wait, I solved the issue. Well, sort of. I know why I'm only getting ID at least.

Add to basket

So in this form, but button value and name was originally ID. I changed it to description and now it's showing Description. Any way you can add multiple values/names to a button? I was using hidden input types with the values/names, but I figured that was totally working. D'oh.

Is there an app or something that notifies me when a persons instagram is not private anymore so I can sneaky follow this bitch that wont accept my fake instagram follow and fap to her pictures? T-thanks.

I'm heading to university in Sept 2017 for an engineering degree but only have AS Maths and would like to be prepared ahead of time for it.
The obvious thing would be to study the A-Level text books but the things have WAY too much fluff, ~1/3 of the books is 9th grade stuff.

Any one recommend other books/textbooks to prepare me for college calculus and linear algebra?

Web development general just ignored me.

Am I suppose to be using a virtual machine for every project?
I currently have virtual box.

>Any way you can add multiple values/names to a button?
I don't thnk there is a determined way. I mean you could put a JSON kind of object in there, or a comma separated list and parse it later on

like value="1,2,3" and then use explode()

sounds like terrible design in my opinion, you should probably store an array in the user's session maybe

>Am I suppose to be using a virtual machine for every project?
no a single VM is good enough for development

only use docker (or multiple VMs) if you need to

reddit.com/r/learnmath

Just work through the fluff? You're not doing anything better with your time.

>>Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.
Slow board? What the fuck? /dpt/ goes down faster than your mom from my 12" cock.
This board is fast, not as fast as Sup Forums, but fast.

maybe the math professors at your future university have small websites, where they list some work, recommended books, maybe even this/last year's course notes

>sounds like terrible design in my opinion, you should probably store an array in the user's session maybe
See, that's what I've been trying to do. I'm honest to God terrible at PHP and just need to learn it for a bit for a project coming up.

The way I'm thinking about it was like this.

To add the item details to a $SESSION array. I was going to use the button to send the variables to a .php file where I'd them to the SESSION array. So that'd be this.

if (empty($_SESSION['Cart'])) {
$_SESSION['Cart'] = array('Id' => $Id, 'Description' => $Description);
}

array_push($_SESSION['Cart'], $_GET['Description'])

And I was sending information to the .php file with this.

Add to basket

$_SESSION['Id'] = $rows['Id'];
$_SESSION['Description'] = $rows['Description'];
$_SESSION['Price'] = $rows['Price'];
$_SESSION['Brand'] = $rows['Brand'];
$_SESSION['ImagePath'] = $rows['ImagePath'];

Am I doing something obvious or am I just being a shitter?

if my pc is being used and theres a power cut will anything bad happen to it?

When debugging a session, always use:

at the top of the page to see what it contains.

Also, make sure the following function gets called before the first access to $_SESSION:

session_start();

Is there any way to connect to the internet without an ISP? Are there networks other than the traditional internet that don't require an ISP?

anyone that has experience with the rma process mind helping me out?

i want to rma my gpu that i bought like 2 years 11 months ago (warranty lasts for 3 years) but i'm not sure what documents i need to have and how long this process normally takes

bought the gpu from a local pc shop but the warranty is under a local distributor

>

Never considered putting that on every page to debug. Thanks senpai.

That can work but I'd do it a bit differently

- Create a file functions.php or similar, where you put that code which gets data from the database and gives you the item information. Also other code that is called often will be stored here
In pseudocode:
function getItemFromDatabase(id){
// mysqli connect and query
// put resulting data in an array
return $itemJSON;
}
- User SESSION has an array "itemsInBasket" that stores those IDs, and just IDs
$_SESSION["itemsInBasket"] = [39, 40, 41]
- On every page you only use those IDs along with that function to grab the additional data
That way, in case your database gets updates (changed price, changed item name) your data is always up to date
require_once "functions.php"
foreach($item in $_SESSION["itemsInBasket"]{
print_r(getItemFromDatabase($item))
}

You should have a UPS with any desktop, assuming it's used for more than entertainment. If it isn't, it should be. Apply yourself.

Some manufacturers, such as evga, prefer you deal directly with them.

grey market sites like kinguin still sell win 7 keys

what the hell do you call this thing???

If you connect to network though someones hacked wifi they technically become your internet service provider (isp), so no its not possible because networks dont simply exist, they are owned and operated by somebody.
You could theoretically become a tier 1 network provider yourself. I guess thats the only way without relying on isp

menubar?

Taskbar? Dock?

Is there any possibility I could be charged with wiretapping for transcribing and publishing audio recorded from a microphone placed in my own condo while I am present?

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xJ2qhq

rate it

>oop is baaad
>objects are baaad
>b-but most popular language (JAVA) is using oop
>in fact everything in java is an object
checkmate.

That's nice, dear.

>in fact everything in java is an object
false

Why does Game Boy Pocket cost more than Game Boy? Shouldn't it be cheaper because it's smaller?

games will run a frame or two better on windows 10 at best.

the only exception to that is dx12, which has very little support as of yet.

what is a good usb wireless mouse with low click noise?

mine is super loud

I'm looking for a monitor to get my dad since his 12 year old dell one is dying
I tried getting him an LG 24M38 since it was cheap and a huge improvement, but now he's telling me that its making him nauseous and giving him headaches, so I had to return it. Could someone recommend a good one that wouldn't do this?

How healthy is my HDD according to SMART? Should I consider getting a new one? I've read up on its data on the internet, and according to it, it seems "fine" for now, but I'm not sure for how long. My paranoia won't simmer the fuck down over it since I had it for as long as I can remember, so I'm kinda worried.

Anyone knows a good pirate appstore for android or just a trustworthy general site for downloading apk? I searched and only found some shitty sites.

Should i learn java or C?

Could it be PWM? Maybe one with real brightness control wouldn't do that? I've never heard of anyone reacting to an LCD that way. Have you asked him to be more specific?

Why is it that when you play locked 60fps games at 120hz it produces stutter every so often? It's extremely annoying because I have to drop the refresh rate to 60hz for specific things just to get it smooth.

Java and/or Python, AND C++ so you can write stuff for microcontrollers and Spengies and such.

I'm getting paranoid.

I had PSU (I forgot the brand, seventeam I think) on my PC that every now and then would start buzzing, and it always go 'bzzzz' when playing games or doing some other stuff.

Yesterday i got a new PSU (a corsair hx750i), installed it, checked everything. Noiseless.

But then, I decided to check closely, and I could hear a little buzz. Since today I got my GPU back, I played some games, and when I removed my headphone, I could hear the buzz. It was not as loud as the other PSU I had before. But still 'bzzzzz'.

It it normal for PSUs to do some bzzz? Or should I replace that one, since it's new.
What if the replacement also buzz?

Ok... but which one first? I'm a complete noob.

You're not enough of a self starter to do this. Find another vocation.

it actually doesn't matter. sooner or later you will need to learn the low level concepts. do you want to start super simple and something that just werk use python.
its the easiest way to make a program and understand the basic concepts.
more harder, go for java.
are you insane? c++. learning c++ from online tutorials is probably a bad idea and you should buy a book.

Save this image and check again in a week. If values are changing for the worse then start to worry.

SMART is only really useful when plotted over time, or at least that's what unsubstantiated claims on the Internet say.

Steal their computer or phone

Got it chief, thanks.

Mathematics: its content, methods and meaning.

Warning, not for the faint hearted. It's a soviet textbook from the 50s

What's the screenshot app that do like sharex in mac? I've seen that many times but I forgot to ask it.
It also has muh shadow outside windows gimmick.

What did they mean by this and how do I get the Anniversary Update

greasyfork.org/en/scripts/1317-download-youtube-videos-as-mp4

can someone recommend me a better script/userscript that supports downloading 1080p jewtube videos, please?

or at least a program?

inb4 JDownloader/JDownloader 2/youtube-dl

I don't want these, as much as I love the cli youtube-dl works nicely and better in Linux as a cli youtube download client since it's native cli for Linux. JDownloader 2 downloads slow as a snail depending on the video size...

Cool. I'll get started.

what do you currently run? which windows? for all you know that's just some bullshit error and win10 will llikely run fine from the looks of it. you don't know till you try/install

>Since today I got my GPU back

Is this a typo? are you sure you're not confusing buzzing with coil whine from GPU? Cause my GPU does indeed buzz when it's running games.

But yeah, PSUs and other electronics can make noises. However, if it's really loud then it could be a fault.

Holy shit I'm retarded. Forget my stupid question.

I had to dl Windows10Upgrade28084.exe from their website

Where can i get MSOffice 2013 standard iso, in spanish?

MDL only has english iso.

Or should i "make it"? i dont get how svf files work.

idk, I've only seen it in castellano.

Snipping tool. Answer your own questions faggot so others learn from the answer.

No no no, not a typo. I lent my GPU to a friend so that he could test it, but I got it back today.

As for GPU coil whines, I've had before, but it stopped when I began using vsync. I only had it when playing with 400+ FPS and it could get really loud with 10000+ FPS.

> PSUs and other electronics can make noises [...]
Hmm... It's not too loud, but I think I'm starting to get a little paranoid with these things...

does madVR work on skylake iGP with no graphics card? I only remember seeing options for nvidia or amd.

i5 6500 + H170 chipset

Sup Forums approved email apps for Android?

how do i find the themes in notepad++

You can limit framerate with something like Nvidia Inspector. Most games should do it automatically. I've encountered only one that didn't.

samsung touchwiz mail

k-9
but sometimes it stops working :(

Isn't k9 outdated now?