I just bought this for no reason

I just bought this for no reason.
What do I do with it!?

Use it to slice your throat open

this.

post a thread asking what people does with it
also put it up your ass

Should have went with an ESP8266

normie tier use for it. Buy a DAC and load volumio onto it and use it for a wireless audio streaming device. It does airplay streaming for iCucks and you can load network attached drives full of FLACs and also has a spotify plugin.

I use it as a money-making machine. Not even kidding... I use it to PoS mine (Proof of Stake) a cryptocurrency named Decred. Made $1500 so far.

record yourself shoving it your ass then pushing it out then come back and post it here.

Hello there mr. shill.

Seems interesting, how does it work?

>cryptocurrency

fuck off fag

connect the GPIO to your balls.

Run your own dns/mail/voice server, seedbox, pi-hole, dedicated private browsing box, retropi console, piratebox basically any task that does not include heavy rendering or solving.

build a retro emulation station

Google "PoisonTap"

This

Do you really need a fan for that though? I thought you didn't need to OC or anything for emulation.

probably not, but the pi3 got pretty hot during summer inside the enclosure, so it gives me peace of mind

Find an imagination

>Mining on a Pi
ahhha ahahha oh shit your killing me
>PoS
Just hearing that makes my blood boil, I'm doing PoW(proof of work) and there is talk of switching to PoS. PoS is bullshit, it only pays the fuckers who toss down large amounts of money to invest in shit.
>Decred
Seriously what are you actually mining, decred is usually dual mined with other shit.

I don't fuck with decred. I've made $250 in the past two months mining shit. I'm not mining bullshit scam coins, I mine legit shit that Microsoft just invested in. It has uses outside of money exchanging, like programming distributed applications and running the code on the network with miners as back-ends/servers.

Shit I hear you can even sell off a chunk of your hard drive to Sia, host files thought their distributed crypto net for some anonymous fucks and get paid for it.

You think a government can take down a website that's hosted/mirrored on 10,000 nodes? Guess again. Shit like IPFS is going to take off eventually.

Install Gentoo on it.

I've only seen people complain about temps when they OCed to try to play PS1 or Dreamcast.
Still waiting for mine to ship so I can't say anything from experience

Those little baby fans are fucking adorable though

Also what are you using for controllers? I was looking at some usb SNES controllers, but there are a lot of mixed reviews on every one saying they feel too light or they feel cheap. Just want something solid.

Use it to kill yourself, fucktard.

>i am an idiot that dont know how to do it
>Its shit!
everytime

mine is mildly overclocked, just for the heck of it. it was reaching 80ºC stock and got it down to about 50ºC with the heatsink+fan on with an open case, and 60ºC when closed (and under load).

i use a xiaomi bluetooth gamepad which works flawlessly and pic related, but that fucker gives me all kinds of headaches with bluetooth detection on the pi3 using retropie and emulationstation, so i'm thinking of buying a 2nd xiaomi pad

attach it to a drone and use it as a seismic radar to look for buried treasure

I think my case is coming with some tiny heatsinks. hopefully thats enough if mine does start running too hot

>people does with it

Really? You couldn't try any harder?

I bought the same kit as you, user.
Im planning on installing retropie and build an arcade machine, but im finding PoisonTap rather interesting.

Return it if you had no use for it don't buy it

Can I get a few pics of it put together? It looks kinda cool

Ethereum? Ethereum is the shit. Can't wait for it to absolutely take off and make a whole bunch of money.

beat me to it, OP make it an assberry pi

run a tor exit node on it

Mine runs a tor relay.

lol

Turn it into an htpc, but make sure you leave the default password so I can add it to my botnet.

lel, weren't half of Ethereum miners scammed out of their coins a few months ago?

>wave

buy an OBDII-to-USB adapter and use it to log your driving habits

>I just bought this for no reason.
Nothing then, stay being a useless consumer faggot.

i do all kinds of stuff on mine

it is a decent desktop machine if you're not a gaymer, as long as you use a fast microsd card

would do for most any normie for all their tasks

buy the codec though

that won't happen since everyone is jumping on the mining train.

I used mine as a web server to host a REST API for an Android app I made for personal use, rather than leaving my desktop computer on 24/7.

What's the difference between this and a 300$ FPGA from digilent?

Attach a motion sensor and speaker. Point at door.

Everytime someone walks into the room, play back a Seinfeld bassline

Send it back and get an Orange Pi instead, or that weird new one with a black PCB and 2GiB of DDR3 memory.

I just overclocked my Pi 2 but I don't have any extra fans or anything. Is this a bad idea? The most intense games I've put it through are SNES games, and I haven't noticed it get hot.

>I just bought this for no reason.
>What do I do with it!?

Welcome to the support group. Tens of thousands of people have bought that, and barely anyone has any use for it.

Millions have fallen for the pi Jew and barely anyone knows about the superior stm32 for embedded applications

i dunno, i suggest you check your temps under load and see how close you are to the max (100ºC i think). the pi3 is known to run hotter than previous models because of the extra core and improved graphics, so i just ran torture tests until i found the core and gpu speeds that were stable enough for my board. your pi2 may not need heatsinks for your use, but i'm sure a set of 1$ aluminium heatsinks won't hurt you either

>that weird new one with a black PCB
which one are you talking about?

install tooor, surf the dark net to buy niggers to clean your boots and fuck your wife

underrated

sweet fucking baby jesus
delet this, this is your last warning

nice tranny

I always feel like people who make retro systems of their own should give them cheesy names. Like Gameboy Ultra or something.

The uses of one are many, but as a suggestion for you, stick it in your ass.

a call this super pitendo

They're completely different things.

for what fuck you would use volumio, since there is mopidy which is more extensible, and has shit ton of frontends?

Install retropie

Why aren't there any 64-bit ARM SoC boards with 4 GiB of RAM?

That's really slick looking, but I hope you didn't sacrifice a functional SNES to build an SNES emulator.

nope, this was a 5€ broken console. all in all a better investment that a Nintendo classic mini: more games, lots of cool stuff to learn and so much fun to assemble